+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Does Soul Fire in Archon give bonus damage to fire spells in Pyromancer?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default Does Soul Fire in Archon give bonus damage to fire spells in Pyromancer?

    Question in topic

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Read what it says and use your brain?

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    So can you confirm 100% that Soul Fire in Archon increases fire damage in Pyromancer?
    Because Exihilaration in Archon doesn't return 2.5% of my max mana whenever I critical hit with Pyromancer spells.

  4. #4
    Plane Touched Sebesto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    251

    Default

    It gives a bonus to fire damage, it doesn't care what soul it is.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lala_au View Post
    Because Exihilaration in Archon doesn't return 2.5% of my max mana whenever I critical hit with Pyromancer spells.
    This is a lie. It most certainly does.

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Questionable View Post
    This is a lie. It most certainly does.
    Nope it doesn't. couldn't really test Soul Fire because 5% is too small an increase in damage at lvl 20-30 to tell.
    But I most certainly didn't see my mana go back up with every fireball crit when I tried testing Exhilaration

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    36

    Default

    1: Do Pyro abilities deal Fire Damage? Yes
    2: Does Soul Fire increase Fire Damage? Yes

    that would lead me to believe that yes, soul fire does in fact increase the Pyro's abilities.
    Last edited by Kiwiboy12; 02-10-2011 at 08:36 AM.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Yes it does give you a 5% bonus to your Pyro spells.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched Bart151's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    246

    Default

    He actually has a good point guys. Not the whole fire dmg talent in the archon tree but the crit giving mana back in the archon tree while using Pyro abilities. Reason I say this is because I noticed something similar on my Rogue. Its not entirely similar but in a way it is.

    My Riftstalkers tanking stance says in the tooltip that increases threat generation by 100%. It doesnt specifically say what abilities, it just flatout says it increases threat generation. Now, the ONLY time I saw this threat generation actually working is when I was using my Riftstalker specific abilities. If I used any other souls abilities while in my tanking stance, for example the Nightblades AoE which is spammable as long as you have energy, which you'd think would hold aggro on a pack of mobs if spamming it, it doesnt hold aggro or even generate aggro. Thats a big issue and in the same boat as the crit giving mana back if it only works from using Archon abilities.
    Last edited by Bart151; 02-10-2011 at 09:06 AM.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bart151 View Post
    He actually has a good point guys. Not the whole fire dmg talent in the archon tree but the crit giving mana back in the archon tree while using Pyro abilities. Reason I say this is because I noticed something similar on my Rogue. Its not entirely similar but in a way it is.

    My Riftstalkers tanking stance says in the tooltip that increases threat generation by 100%. It doesnt specifically say what abilities, it just flatout says it increases threat generation. Now, the ONLY time I saw this threat generation actually working is when I was using my Riftstalker specific abilities. If I used any other souls abilities while in my tanking stance, for example the Nightblades AoE which is spammable as long as you have energy, which you'd think would hold aggro on a pack of mobs if spamming it, it doesnt hold aggro or even generate aggro. Thats a big issue and in the same boat as the crit giving mana back if it only works from using Archon abilities.
    Eh and how did you test that?

  11. #11
    Plane Touched Bart151's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystryl View Post
    Eh and how did you test that?
    By going into a pack of mobs in a dungeon and spamming my non-Riftstalker abilities like the spammable Nightblade PBAoE or Sabo's AoE which we all know hits hard and watching them generate absolutely zero threat. Once I used a Riftstalker ability I immediately got aggro. Not too difficult to see it
    Last edited by Bart151; 02-10-2011 at 09:39 AM.

  12. #12
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bart151 View Post
    By going into a pack of mobs in a dungeon and spamming my non-Riftstalker abilities like the spammable Nightblade PBAoE or Sabo's AoE which we all know hits hard and watching them generate absolutely zero threat. Once I used a Riftstalker ability I immediately got aggro. Not too difficult to see it
    How do you know they were generating zero threat?

    If you went in there solo you would have the mobs hitting you. If you went in there with a tank, then he most likely did more aoe threat than you did. If you went in there with a group of dps'ers, they most likely did more threat than you did.
    So, those abilities generating 0 threat would seem very oddball.
    Also, did you check the tooltips for the different abilities? (if your complaining you didnt take aggro for a tank), most of the riftstalker abilities generate additional threat, whereas the other souls don't. Even with 100% extra threat, this could definitely be another reason.

  13. #13
    Plane Touched Bart151's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystryl View Post
    How do you know they were generating zero threat?

    If you went in there solo you would have the mobs hitting you. If you went in there with a tank, then he most likely did more aoe threat than you did. If you went in there with a group of dps'ers, they most likely did more threat than you did.
    So, those abilities generating 0 threat would seem very oddball.
    Also, did you check the tooltips for the different abilities? (if your complaining you didnt take aggro for a tank), most of the riftstalker abilities generate additional threat, whereas the other souls don't. Even with 100% extra threat, this could definitely be another reason.
    I've been testing it over the past few events and obviously I'd test it with a group. Testing it without a group is ummm.. Pointless?

    No, your not seing my point. Let me explain it to you again. Exactly what the guy was saying, he didnt see himself getting mana returned(Archon ability) when critting with a Pyro ability. It seemed like the cross class synergy wasnt working with abilities.

    My Riftstalker- I tanked the 4-5 dungeons we have so far and have tested this extensively ever since having enough points to invest into getting the AoE's from the other classes mixed with my Riftstalker tanking abilities/Tank stance. The ISSUE right now with my Riftstalker is that when in my tanking stance, it says I generate 100% additional threat from abilities. It doesnt specify whether thats 100% more threat from Riftstalker abilities or everything in general. When I would literally spam, and I repeat spam my AoE's that were hitting decently hard(especially the Sabos) with both Nightblade and Sabo, I was not holding aggro but when I use 1 ability from my Riftstalker abilities, I immediately snapped aggro and that wasnt an ability that said in the tooltip, generates threat. So the issue with the tanking stance for the Riftstalker is that its not generating threat from abilities that are NOT Riftstalker skills. If I use Riftstalker abilities, its fine but outside of that classes skills, its not generating threat.

    Even if the other souls abilities do not say they generate threat, while in tank stance, they should since it doesnt specify Riftstalker abilities exlusively. And another reason I know this is because I went through Realm of the Fae at 35 with a group of 18's and still, when not using Riftstalker skills, I wouldnt hold AoE threat but once I used a Riftstalker skill, it was fine. The tank stance needs to help with generating threat from other souls abilities while IN the stance. Outside of the tank stance it shouldnt as usual. If they dont generate threat while in the stance then theres no point in really obtaining abilities in the other souls other then for HP modifcations/dmg mitigation.
    Last edited by Bart151; 02-10-2011 at 11:11 AM.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bart151 View Post
    I've been testing it over the past few events and obviously I'd test it with a group. Testing it without a group is ummm.. Pointless?

    No, your not seing my point. Let me explain it to you again. Exactly what the guy was saying, he didnt see himself getting mana returned(Archon ability) when critting with a Pyro ability. It seemed like the cross class synergy wasnt working with abilities.

    My Riftstalker- I tanked the 4-5 dungeons we have so far and have tested this extensively ever since having enough points to invest into getting the AoE's from the other classes mixed with my Riftstalker tanking abilities/Tank stance. The ISSUE right now with my Riftstalker is that when in my tanking stance, it says I generate 100% additional threat from abilities. It doesnt specify whether thats 100% more threat from Riftstalker abilities or everything in general. When I would literally spam, and I repeat spam my AoE's that were hitting decently hard(especially the Sabos) with both Nightblade and Sabo, I was not holding aggro but when I use 1 ability from my Riftstalker abilities, I immediately snapped aggro and that wasnt an ability that said in the tooltip, generates threat. So the issue with the tanking stance for the Riftstalker is that its not generating threat from abilities that are NOT Riftstalker skills. If I use Riftstalker abilities, its fine but outside of that classes skills, its not generating threat.
    I understood your point perfectly well, I wanted to make sure it wasn't just a "one-off" thing you just did to try it out once. Lots of people on these forums claim ALOT, without their claims holding water. Imo it would be very weird if these abilities did not work cross souls. It would, severely, limit soul specc creativity.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched Bart151's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystryl View Post
    I understood your point perfectly well, I wanted to make sure it wasn't just a "one-off" thing you just did to try it out once. Lots of people on these forums claim ALOT, without their claims holding water. Imo it would be very weird if these abilities did not work cross souls. It would, severely, limit soul specc creativity.
    Exactly what you said, I agree. Soul spec creativity is impacted right now with the Riftstalkers inability to hold aggro with using non-Riftstalker abilities while IN the tanking stance.
    Last edited by Bart151; 02-10-2011 at 11:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts