+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Archmage class?

Default Archmage class?

I was looking at soul trees and theres a new one called "archmage" seeming to follow a pvp line. ne one know if this is legit?

Shadowlander

You can purchase this soul with valor (did I get that name right?) near the warfront battlemasters in Sanctum. I assume it's the same for the Defiant side, but I haven't checked it out over there.

Iri
    Champion

Fail is me.
    Last edited by Iri; 02-09-2011 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Fail forum navigation

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Azkit View Post
    You can purchase this soul with valor (did I get that name right?) near the warfront battlemasters in Sanctum. I assume it's the same for the Defiant side, but I haven't checked it out over there.
    2500 favor which is about a few hours or less of warfronts depending on your lvl.
    While there may be an attack or a spell or two within the PVP souls they are not designed to be a "main spec."

They are like mini-souls but still count as one of your 3 choices. They don't have 51 point roots they go to 20 points.

They've been on the soul builders for a while now.

You get the first rank of them right away and then you can rank them higher after lvl 50.

They add some great passives and a few CC escapes.

Archmage is a solid choice for a PVP build for a mage but I don't expect to see many builds using it.

Valor is Rift's version of resilience. It's a PVP only stat on items.

I bought PVP souls on each charactor I made Defiant and Guardian in the betas because @ 15 I get all 8 souls for my archtype because it's easy to do so and gives me more choice...(Its what Rift is about anyhow)

Thats probably a good idea for anyone.
    Last edited by Beans; 02-09-2011 at 08:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread