+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's this I hear about mages being squshy and worthless in pvp?

Default What's this I hear about mages being squshy and worthless in pvp?

I am a Necromancer / Chloromancer and I think mages are fine at least up to level 28 in the warfronts and world pvp. When do mages start getting weak? Has anyone had any experience with 35 mages in world pvp and warfronts?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstitch View Post
    I am a Necromancer / Chloromancer and I think mages are fine at least up to level 28 in the warfronts and world pvp. When do mages start getting weak? Has anyone had any experience with 35 mages in world pvp and warfronts?
    I play a level 35 Chloro/Elem. My issue with mages is that other callings do what we do, only better. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy my mage most of the time; but it's extremely frustrating to be stuned or killed before you can do anything. Such as the life of being in a robe.

Shadowlander

And you take playing in PUG warfronts as your final opinion of mages? Hope not, there will be alot of potential later on.

when you get out of the 20-29 bracket you will start to notice it as your spells dont scale well and other classes start opening up much better abilities/combos

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    when you get out of the 20-29 bracket you will start to notice it as your spells dont scale well and other classes start opening up much better abilities/combos
    You see it's stuff like this that makes me doubt Trion. What the hell is the alpha side doing that they didn't realize this?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstitch View Post
    You see it's stuff like this that makes me doubt Trion. What the hell is the alpha side doing that they didn't realize this?
    from what im reading on all the forums, I think the mages being low in DPS stems from a few souls. Pyro seems to be the major issue right now it seems. I know that on my 28 pyro, my DPS is not very good, could be my build, but I have never seen a crit for over 950 damage, while rogue classes are hitting for a lot more.

I apologize, I shouldnt say that my DPS isnt very good, I should have said its not as good as some of the rogues single target DPS souls.
    Last edited by seahawk; 02-09-2011 at 07:35 PM.

i found Archon quite useful in WarFronts, may be #1 on the # kills list, but I am sure the "team" appreciates what they do (I found it fun anyway)!

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    If you have experience at 35, do you see this scaling thing something that will even out at 50?

Plane Touched

When I switched to an Elementalist/Chloromancer I became a LOT more effective in pvp. My survivability shot up.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Josgar View Post
    When I switched to an Elementalist/Chloromancer I became a LOT more effective in pvp. My survivability shot up.
    Just tells me that the Chloro soul isnt broken, which I would probably agree with. Its more about our single target DPS than anything. We can top charts in WFs with AoE damage, but Pyros I dont think were meant to be an AoE soul. Chloro is one of the souls that seems to be doing well, but I also think its because of the expectations of the soul (to do lower DPS but get healing)

Rift Disciple

Well SC used to be my favorite for PvP, could beat almost any class 1v1 and could do great aoe damage.
    Unfortunately they have been nerfed pretty extensively so now I prefer to just chloro and keep people alive. I do great aiding a flag runner as they will not die with my syth buff and all the heals I throw at them.

+ Reply to Thread