+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [PvP-build] Pyro/Archon feedback

Soulwalker

Default [PvP BUILD] Pyro/Archon feedback

I just played around with a Soul Planner. My aim is being a heavy hitter as Pyromancer, but still supporting as an Archon, I never played any of them yet, so I'm looking for some feedback.

Here is the link.

I'll pvp in pre-mades mainly, FYI.
    Last edited by Devilies; 02-09-2011 at 12:51 PM.

You won't really need Fiery Resolve (-30% stun/silence time) for PVP since you won't get stunned/silenced that often to make it worth it. I would recommend that you get anything that improves the damage bonus of the Ground of Power spell, and definitely take 3/3 Burning Bright if you plan to run with a pre-made group -- it gives like +15% fire damage
    Last edited by kyris_; 02-09-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Zac
    Plane Touched

pvp-pov-premade:
    - healing flames absolutly not worth it, as lava field is just bad, really bad, not even worth a slot in you bar, in its current form
    - go for 2/2 power in numbers
    - 3/3 empowered aegis worth it, even more so at lower lvls like around 35, there's still no resistance on most gear
    - 3/3 in martyr's solace not worth it in my eyes, can't target yourself but hurts you, means you need battlefield awarness/watch grp health, which is ok if it's for the flag/fang carrier, not so much for the others, in a premade even less worth it
    - 32 points into archon may be worth it for last aura (+synergy with power in numbers etc.) and waning power, it's frontloaded dmg increase (no need for carge), you get the full 1min uptime even if the debuffed target is dead
    - no punchy in-combat mana recovery, what do you do if a voidknight comes around the corner to fluff up the party by sucking up all your power juice
    -> go for at least 1 in mental flare, you can toss this to your healing buddy if the void likes him more, too

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zac View Post
    pvp-pov-premade:
    - healing flames absolutly not worth it, as lava field is just bad, really bad, not even worth a slot in you bar, in its current form
    - go for 2/2 power in numbers
    - 3/3 empowered aegis worth it, even more so at lower lvls like around 35, there's still no resistance on most gear
    - 3/3 in martyr's solace not worth it in my eyes, can't target yourself but hurts you, means you need battlefield awarness/watch grp health, which is ok if it's for the flag/fang carrier, not so much for the others, in a premade even less worth it
    - 32 points into archon may be worth it for last aura (+synergy with power in numbers etc.) and waning power, it's frontloaded dmg increase (no need for carge), you get the full 1min uptime even if the debuffed target is dead
    - no punchy in-combat mana recovery, what do you do if a voidknight comes around the corner to fluff up the party by sucking up all your power juice
    -> go for at least 1 in mental flare, you can toss this to your healing buddy if the void likes him more, too
    Very nice points. Really checking it out. The main problem is that I really want 38 in Pyro with Lockdown. With that I don't know if Burning Purpose and Waning Power are worth it. Since I don't know how good Archon really is, then please tell me if it's worth it :P

I think it will be about testing when I get to L50. Will have to test if there is room for being Pyro while still having time for being Archon.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by kyris_ View Post
    You won't really need Fiery Resolve (-30% stun/silence time) for PVP since you won't get stunned/silenced that often to make it worth it.
    lol wut? This works on stuns cast by yourself, aka Flash Fire every single cool down which you should be doing. Even if that's the only time you get stunned, which it won't be, it's worth it right there. 0.6 seconds extra time to beat up on the stunned target every single time you cast the spell. Now just factor in some warrior charges, rogue openers, etc and I fail to see how this is not worth it.

To the OP, here's what I would suggest:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...zs.ARjoMf0okrz

This picks up all the vital Archon spells, and buffs up auras appropriately. Martyrs Solace and the spell Consuming Flames is absolutely useless with a Pyromancer, because you're already reducing your health from burning bright and your archon aura, take damage that you don't have to is absolutely not an option, you're squishy as it is and extremely important for the auras, once the other team figures out where they are coming from they are going to focus you. Picked up the mana regen talents in Archon to keep both yourself doing good on mana as well as your clerics if the fights run long with mental flare. Ditched Rock Slide since you're not going to cast it anyway.

Also removed all the specing into fireball, since there's no point in casting fireball in PVP. You have plenty of spells to cast in the rotation and if you really run out of stuff to do after debuffing their team with pillaging stone then you can cast neural prod. Staying mobile is extremely important in PVP, if you're standing still throwing balls you instantly become a target (and an easy one at that) for the other team. Only have the 3 points to reduce knockback because they're required to climb the tree unfortunately, and there might be some situations where the other team is total noob and let you stand in a ground of power and in that case well, fire them off I guess. Main weakness of the pyromancer tree in PVE is a whopping TWENTY of the talents improve situations where you would be standing still as a sitting duck.

Overall IMO if you're going to play Pyromancer in PVP I would recommend going the full 51 points to get that ridiculous 44 root of Ground of Strength, and to combo Fulminate into instant cast Cinder Burst. But, I stuck with the Pyro/Archon split, since in the end the game is about having fun, and if you wanna play both souls equally than more power to you.
    Last edited by DinoSS; 02-10-2011 at 03:01 AM.

Zac
    Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by DinoSS View Post
    0.6 seconds extra time to beat up on the stunned target every single time you cast the spell. Now just factor in some warrior charges, rogue openers, etc and I fail to see how this is not worth it.
    with your auto-attack? gcd is 1,5s, there isn't another cast more than without it, even 0.6s more moving time becomes useless as you are probably rooted/snared too, after/before the charge/stun/silence

If you switch to a premade pov, where a healer can heal you through the little longer lasting silence/stun than it may be even less worth it, a personal choice in my eyes

+ Reply to Thread