+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fear the voidknight

Rift Disciple

Default Fear the voidknight

does anyone have a good magebuild to fight the voidknight/riftblade combo that is so deadly in PvP?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by lordbachus View Post
    does anyone have a good magebuild to fight the voidknight/riftblade combo that is so deadly in PvP?
    cant see that being possible, best bet would be to just cc them and run away/kill someone else

Quote Originally Posted by lordbachus View Post
    Chloro/warlock/arch mage

instant casts, healing abilities, fear, silence, more healing... ******ed DoT's

more instant casts...

Overall it's just more about survivability, WHICH NO WARRIOR SOUL HAS MIGHT I ADD. Warriors will always need a healer (it should always be like this) whereas a mage can spec chloro and survive much longer
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

Telaran

True you can take dom for zero points and get trans or if you're building a popular warlock/necro/chloro build You can work in fear/stun/wither among other things. If they have any of the rift abilities summon/shift you might have some trouble without something decent like trans or fear. Best bet is to stay max range cast what you can then get a snare on them and just keep dots or whatever instants you have going and lead back to friendlies if possible.

I think a Nerco could take one solo if not other player/mobs got in the way.

Dot it stun and the pet will keep snare on them for 60 seconds along enough to kill him and with EL and SP you should be able to out heal his ranged damage if not you can out range it as EL heals you up.

If he turns on pet SP and he can not kill the pet if he runs at you he will not be able to catch you due to the 60 seconds he will have snare on him.

It would be abit hit and miss i do not think he can remove the snare as i belive the debuff procs the snare on each hit form the pet so he could only remove the snare only to be instantly hit again by it.

That been said Domi sub for the kockback would be nice Chloro for the slight healing or Warlock for the added damage Archmage for all round usefullness of it in pvp.

Over all its hard to say what works its based on your build vs there build.
    Last edited by Fayde; 02-10-2011 at 02:50 AM.
    Death is great people are dying to get there.

Death is great it's the cure to Life.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Rahsin View Post
    True you can take dom for zero points and get trans or if you're building a popular warlock/necro/chloro build You can work in fear/stun/wither among other things. If they have any of the rift abilities summon/shift you might have some trouble without something decent like trans or fear. Best bet is to stay max range cast what you can then get a snare on them and just keep dots or whatever instants you have going and lead back to friendlies if possible.
    There is an issue.
    Right now, it's possible to construct a warrior that has:
    * One target pull on an 8 second cooldown
    * One target pull on a 25 second cooldown, cooldown is reset when you make a critical hit.
    * One teleport-to-target on a 25 second cooldown, cooldown is reset when you make a critical hit.

And a myriad of purge and manadraining abilities.
    I guess I'll be PvP'ing on a warrior, and PvE'ing on a Chloromancer. Pretty... overwhelming.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Glandur View Post
    There is an issue.
    Right now, it's possible to construct a warrior that has:
    * One target pull on an 8 second cooldown
    * One target pull on a 25 second cooldown, cooldown is reset when you make a critical hit.
    * One teleport-to-target on a 25 second cooldown, cooldown is reset when you make a critical hit.

And a myriad of purge and manadraining abilities.
    I guess I'll be PvP'ing on a warrior, and PvE'ing on a Chloromancer. Pretty... overwhelming.
    All three are kinda meh put together though.

Warlord you need ten points for the 8s cd pull.

Void Knight pull requires heavy investment.

Riftblade requires heavy investment.

Best you will usually see is one and if that's the case RB is gonna go champ since that's a popular one right now which has bull rush a closer. If they go RB and VK most of the people I've seen usually run low VK for pact conversion and discharge rest in RB.

I don't know though if anyone really has a pocket healer or better healers on a team it's not going to matter what you bring imo. You can make just about anything work.

Necro is your best bet to take out void knights as a caster. Reason being you really only need to get looming demise and necrosis on them to dish out decent damage via pet.

However, you can also drop their buffs off them while regaining 15% mana for each time you do. The debuff costs 0 mana, fyi.

You can also tap your pet for mana, tap your life for mana if you're warlock, and with the right combo tripple stun said VK. For a necro you can pretty much keep him locked down long enough for the pet to do all the dirty work. Which is good because they can hurt you just for casting spells at them.

other mages / clerics? er I dont really see it happening.

Keep in mind Im pretty confident VK will get a major nerfbat smack.
    Last edited by Chilton; 02-10-2011 at 03:59 AM.

Ascendant

I would add some archmage role in there somewhere, there are abilities that reduce dmg and reduce the crits from players which would help a lot in preventing those CDs from resetting. Most of those pulls require 25m or less, so keep them at long range if you can.

Keep in mind this class was specifically built to target spell casters.

Are Void Knight abilities considered spells? I know they use up energy instead of mana, but they still seem like spells. I think part of the problem is that there are abilities in mage trees to counter spells, but none for countering abilities that act like spells unless they are considered spells.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mucro View Post
    Chloro/warlock/arch mage

instant casts, healing abilities, fear, silence, more healing... ******ed DoT's

more instant casts...

Overall it's just more about survivability, WHICH NO WARRIOR SOUL HAS MIGHT I ADD. Warriors will always need a healer (it should always be like this) whereas a mage can spec chloro and survive much longer
    sorry to burst your bubble, void knight has heals, beast master has heals, reaver has heals , although they are not very strong and sure they high up the tree but still...if he faces a spell caster those heals that a void knight can use by pact conversion is plenty to mess with you.
    pvp soul vindicator has heals too 800+ heal 15 seconds cd........
    Last edited by curiositykilledthecat; 02-10-2011 at 08:09 AM.

Soulwalker

From a dot class's perspective, these classes tend to smack my face in before I can do much in any kind of group context.

Rift Master

To beat a VK you need good mana efficiency (so you don't get drained dry), and good heals/survivability (so you don't die).

Warlock might not be a bad choice, or Necro, or Chloro, or a combination of those three in some regards.

If you can get your self heals to > their dps, you can win a war of attrition.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Foofmonger View Post
    To beat a VK you need good mana efficiency (so you don't get drained dry), and good heals/survivability (so you don't die).

Warlock might not be a bad choice, or Necro, or Chloro, or a combination of those three in some regards.

If you can get your self heals to > their dps, you can win a war of attrition.
    The DoTs will quickly boost his packs, and then he will **** your face =)

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mystryl View Post
    The DoTs will quickly boost his packs, and then he will **** your face =)
    As a Mage your going to have to accept that he will pretty much have a bajillion pacts at all times. The point I suppose is to get the DoTs on him that drain life mostly. Plus, you don't "have" to use all your DoTs.

You just need to get your survivability over their dps and you win. Not sure how easy that is to do, but as I said some combo of Warlock/Necro/Chloro should most likely be your best bet.

I would assume that Dominator should be able to counteract a lot of the Voidknight abilities. Since Dominators can stop energy recharge drop dps and lower attack speed but they would need a dps spec behind them because doms are really good at lockdowns but has very little strength to drop hit points.
    Last edited by Cabreon; 02-10-2011 at 08:32 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast