+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A mage to find rangers and other ranged rogue classes

Rift Disciple

Default A mage to find rangers and other ranged rogue classes

Normally these classes are a casters arch nemmesis..

Did any find a good build to fight these in PvP?

Warlock/chloromancer would be good they have the most hitpoints of any caster with certain talents to survive that opening burst dmg then can heal themselves back up and do dmg at the same time. Really if you can survive that marksman opening deadeye/empowered shot crit combo then close on them while healing up you have a good chance to win. Thats alot easier said than done though. Pyro/elementalist would probably be your other best bet, and hope to get the drop on them first and get a few crits and burst them down before they do the same to you.
    Last edited by Relair; 02-09-2011 at 06:52 PM.

Rift Disciple

its very hard to close the gap on a marksman though when they have a longer range than you and they have speed buffs.

As an Pyro/elem I cant burst them down fast enough.

Ascendant

You have 0 chance vs sab/marks if both you and the rogue are getting healed. You're the one that's gonna get burst down.
    Last edited by Stimuz; 02-09-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Well yes if you're both getting healed they usually have more hps and as good or better dmg so they'd most likely win. They are very tough for a mage to beat I was just suggesting the best options to do so, take the chloro and warlock hp buffs, hope you survive that opening barrage, heal yourself back up as you dot them and try to run into melee range, casting instants as often as you can. Its an uphill battle for sure if you don't get the drop on them first.

Rift Disciple

so, if your both getting healed and you have 0 chance, I would say you have 0 chance if neither of you are getting healed and its a fair fight.

In WFs I have killed a lot of MMs (due to the fact that around 50% of the people in WFs are MMs). Right now because of the range discrepancy, you either have to kill a MM t hat is busy shooting someone else, or you have to find a really bad MM that cant exploit the range differences and cast times, or you run across one at 10% life and use Inferno

+ Reply to Thread