+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Throw your best at me PvE DPS build

Default Throw your best at me PvE DPS build

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...I0uchxo.i0xoMo

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Izuchxo.i0xoMo

this is just 1 of the 27 Mage pve DPS builds I have come up with let me know some thoughts on this Glass cannon to the fulliest

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ttrtssdR..VxLz

My AoE Air/Frost Master build. I threw in chloro for Radiant Spores to support healers as opposed to Archon and spamming boiling blood which, I feel, disrupts your dps rotation.

stack electrified -> and choose your aoe flavor and enjoy watching things fry.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by horrorcity View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ttrtssdR..VxLz

My AoE Air/Frost Master build. I threw in chloro for Radiant Spores to support healers as opposed to Archon and spamming boiling blood which, I feel, disrupts your dps rotation.

stack electrified -> and choose your aoe flavor and enjoy watching things fry.
    I setup this exact same build last night lol. It just looks so fun, the potential for disgustingly huge damage is there if you set it up right.

Rift Chaser

On your storm caller build there is no reason to get some of the talents you did. Assuming you're doing dungeons of course, the following talents are useless:

Improved electrocute
    Lightning rod
    Storm Guard
    Wind Chill
    Static Barrier
    Ride the Wind
    Shell Shocked

All of these talents are PVP based to help keep you alive, not needed. Here is the build you would want:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...csbo.x.Vxxt00z

This picks up the 50% (!!!!!) increased damage on critical hits, finishes exposure and gets you the greater air elemental, which buffs the spell power of the entire group and puts out decent damage all on his own. I also put 5 in chloro for when you cast radiant spores, you'll increase your intelligence by 25%. I left you with one knockback in the form of wind chill, in case things go south, since there really isn't anywhere else to drop the point.

It's just not worth it to go for 44 or 51 storm caller when you're missing out on all the great elementalist talents that will boost your damage by far more than the 1% per point in storm caller will. The in combat rez might be nice to have but chances are when someone is dead it was a tank or healer, and the fight will be over anyway. Combat rez has a delay on when they actually come back to life, so it usually isn't fast enough to rez somebody so they can regrab aggro or keep healing. Eye of the storm is a charge dumping ground, which you already have in the form of static flux.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoSS View Post
    On your storm caller build there is no reason to get some of the talents you did. Assuming you're doing dungeons of course, the following talents are useless:

I

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...csbo.x.Vxxt00z
    Yea i just put that together for the 51 point fun, but you're right it's not a completely viable dungeon build. I do like what you did with elemental summoner so here's a build that I think works well with that talent spec, consider it my own variation:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0ucuxo.Vxxt00z

I like the mana regeneration you get from spell crits from Archon as well as some of the group buffs you get as well. I'm a fan of fire spell casters personally. With Pyro you not only get a damage buff from ground of power but also increased crit on your main nuke, Fireball, and insta cast chance for Cinder Burst. Couple that with the ele build you provided I believe this could be a hard hitter nuke build. Would be fun to try out at 50.

Shadowlander

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...McV.xfzczucuto

Based around fireball
    2 buffs with 10% chance to insta cast next spell, one for any spell and one for cinder burst
    15% increase to crit chance for fireball, and 5% more for all spells.
    50% increase to crit amount
    10% increase to int
    15% increase to fire damage from ground of power
    Increase to fire damage based on pyro points, a debuff that increases all elemental damage by 10%, a buff that procs to increase fire damage by 10%, 30% chance to apply DOT from fireball, and a proc that reduces cooldown by 100% for your next three flame bolts (intant DD),
    And unlimited mana from mana wrench
    Not to mention pretty good AOE

Obviously this is at lvl 50, but if you want one for around lvl 30 here you go:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zqsI.Vxht..xfzczhc

Although this one is mostly centered around Fireball, depending on hopefully high damage crits. Also you have to rely on smoldering power and out of combat mana regen.
    Last edited by mrwes; 02-09-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by horrorcity View Post
    Yea i just put that together for the 51 point fun, but you're right it's not a completely viable dungeon build. I do like what you did with elemental summoner so here's a build that I think works well with that talent spec, consider it my own variation:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0ucuxo.Vxxt00z

I like the mana regeneration you get from spell crits from Archon as well as some of the group buffs you get as well. I'm a fan of fire spell casters personally. With Pyro you not only get a damage buff from ground of power but also increased crit on your main nuke, Fireball, and insta cast chance for Cinder Burst. Couple that with the ele build you provided I believe this could be a hard hitter nuke build. Would be fun to try out at 50.
    Yeah this a good build, I use something pretty similar to this for dungeon DPS, scaled down for lower levels. Something I would suggest to improve it for level 50, take 2 points out of smoldering power and add 1 into leaching flames and 1 into altruist, this keeps the 32 root for pyromancer, gives you a cast-able mana regen in the form of leaching flames, and gives you the skill power drain to put on mobs and bosses to lower their damage as much as possible. Right now you rely on RNG for mana, always good to have a backup plan for when luck isn't on your side, especially since smoldering power is only every 2 minutes, and doesn't actually restore mana, just reduces it. My rotation doesn't even use the smoldering power in combat ever, I just use it after fights, you have to put a point into it however to climb the pyro tree.

This would be one I was testing out for leveling PvE of course,

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Vzohs.xxohoVVL (Archon/Necro/Warlock)

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Vzohs.xxohoVVL (Chloro/Necro/Warlock) (threw this one in as a substitute for Archon if you prefer chloro support)

66% Damage increase (with Lich Form active) (46% w/o Lich Form)
    10% Damage bonus Sac Life: Damage
    Practically Unlimited Charge
    Practically Unlimited Mana from pet sac, life sac: mana
    Multiple Pet types for w/e situation you run into. (Personally I prefer Zealot)
    Enemy damage debuff
    Death resistance debuff as well as healing debuff
    Ally Heals/Self Heals
    Slow
    Fear (CC)
    Group Endurance Buff
    Opportunity (awesome)
    Decent AoE dmg

With this I wanted to get away from the elements a bit. Primarily I use this build for leveling which works great for me since with it I can solo multiple mobs with little to no downtime.

Shadowlander

sadsadgasdgasdg
    Last edited by mrwes; 02-09-2011 at 03:13 PM.

Soulwalker

Rift Chaser

Why do you not get your aoe Firestorm? How else are you going to kill multiple mobs at the same time? That massively cuts into your DPS. Just drop the point in exposure, without buffing it, it's eating a GCD and limiting your effectiveness in all but single target battles with other mages. Consider this:

10 fireballs, each do 500 damage, they take 2 seconds each to cast, total time spent 20 seconds. Total damage = 5000

1 exposure (1.5 second cause of GCD), 9 fireballs, each do 525 because of 5% damage increase, 19.5 seconds total time spent. Total Damage = 4725

Unless you have another elemental user with you, you're lowering your DPS by getting exposure. You won't make up that difference yourself unless you cast 21 fireballs, except the debuff doesn't even last that long, so you will be constantly in the hole. The only way you will break even is if the other mage was also shooting off 500 damage nukes, and it would take 11 of those to TIE.

Drop exposure get firestorm.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by DinoSS View Post
    Why do you not get your aoe Firestorm? How else are you going to kill multiple mobs at the same time? That massively cuts into your DPS. Just drop the point in exposure, without buffing it, it's eating a GCD and limiting your effectiveness in all but single target battles with other mages. Consider this:

10 fireballs, each do 500 damage, they take 2 seconds each to cast, total time spent 20 seconds. Total damage = 5000

1 exposure (1.5 second cause of GCD), 9 fireballs, each do 525 because of 5% damage increase, 19.5 seconds total time spent. Total Damage = 4725

Unless you have another elemental user with you, you're lowering your DPS by getting exposure. You won't make up that difference yourself unless you cast 21 fireballs, except the debuff doesn't even last that long, so you will be constantly in the hole. The only way you will break even is if the other mage was also shooting off 500 damage nukes, and it would take 11 of those to TIE.

Drop exposure get firestorm.
    is a single target dps build, if i want to aoe i would go for stormcaller
    exposure last 30s, and fireballs cast arent 2s, with 20% from ignition, 10% from listering dust and 8% from speed in numbers, not sure the final number since i dont know the cast speed formula yet but i prefer exposure for raid buff ( well im not sure how the debuffs and raids work yet neither but buff the pet dmg ) than an aoe
    Last edited by Mustiff; 02-09-2011 at 05:42 PM.

Rift Disciple

Here is a nasty, yet unique, build: 22Ele/26Lock/18 Pyro.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...xx0V0Vq.xc0Izh

Before you laugh let me explain. Most of the Lock tree is for buffs, 10% spell dmg, 25% charge, 5% crit (5% more from summoner), 10% health, and Opportunity (10% chance to make next cast instant). Most of the lock skills I wont use in rotation. It offers a decent amount of AoE in Devouring Shadows, Mortality, Burning Ground, and Flame Jet. Not great but there is some... Single target fireballs (massively buffed and fast casting), cinder bursts, and lightning strikes will be enormous and have a 10% chance to be cast instantly. 10% resist debuff on mosters for elemental dmg... etc. Oh, and you get a bit of DPS from the pet and will never run out of mana or health so you can spam DD's all day long! I wanted to get widlfire in there but 10% spell dmg is better. The part that doesnt mesh fully is the death dmg with the elemental resist debuff... its only important when you use moratality or, devouring shadows. Other than that you have massively buffed fireballs with a few DoT's to stick in between and insta cast cinder bursts and lightning strikes. The vitality from lock tree cancels out the health loss from burning bright. Its interesting at least and worth a try... good solo build prolly too.

Default Sixfeetdeep

Sixfeetdeep, everything you say is true , most likely my main raid spec will include the support of off specing warlock cause thats what the class was made for. It seems for a mage, to be a solid off spec anyway you look at it. good call buddy nice build.

Sixfeetdeep ,the extra crit and the oppertunity are the main things u pick up with your awesome build cause if you spec 31 into the fire tree and make sure you keep a grounding down and flame bolt in your rotation the spell dmg is the same. it comes down to how good is that pyro 31 talent. I know I really liked having it last beta it drops bosses quick. soooooooo many tests to run lol.

I cant wait to attain 50 and test these builds, I hope they put a couple dummie mobs in the main cities that we can beat on with 20k health that do not attack back for dps testing so many classes quicker.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast