+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloro & elemental of earth

Soulwalker

Default Chloro & elemental of earth

Can cloro buff elemental of earth by Synthesis?

Yes.. No point unless you're playing solo tho, obviously.

-Santhil
    You're Pro or You're a Noob, that's life.

Officer of Fatality!

Quote Originally Posted by Letaro View Post
    Can cloro buff elemental of earth by Synthesis?
    Yes. With this combo, you can easily handle elites.

Soulwalker

Yes, they can.

Prophet of Telara

When the game goes live, I harbour a hope to spend some time practicing with some willing guildies, while I work out techniques and skills for tanking stuff with a Chloro/Ele. I reckon you could tank a great deal with the combo - but the management of the aggro tools and in particular, working on tanking techniques for doing things like turning mobs etc will be the challenge.

I have a Role built like this on my beta mage at the moment. I've watched small groups wipe on some of the more difficult quests and heroics and then quietly and comfortably soloed it with my Chloro/Ele role. It's a very powerful, if not fast combination.

X

Shadowlander

xtremElement,

what do you think about the same strat with chloro/necro?

Quote Originally Posted by Xenn View Post
    xtremElement,

what do you think about the same strat with chloro/necro?
    Would take longer to get the levels to do this, since you would need 12 points into Necro for a tank pet. At level 1, Elemental pet taunts. You go necro for the added damage you get from your pets, not their tanking.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Albane View Post
    Would take longer to get the levels to do this, since you would need 12 points into Necro for a tank pet. At level 1, Elemental pet taunts. You go necro for the added damage you get from your pets, not their tanking.
    makes sense.

Prophet of Telara

My Chloro Ele that I plan to tank with definitely includes the high tree Grtr Earth Ele and Pet improvements. He'll look something like this.

Necro Tank pet is much squishier than the Ele one - and you don't get the AoE Forced Retarget afaik. Also, the Ele tank is just straight up better without extra casting from the Chloro - whereas the Necro pet needs you to be stacking Deathly Calling or keeping Necrosis/Looming Demise up for best performance.

I played a Chloro/Necro for a lot of last beta from 30ish to very nearly 35 - with 18pts in the Necro for the Heal and HoT. The Skeletal Stalwart pet certainly didn't measure up to my Chloro/Ele pet which I think (from memory) was looking something like this at the end of the beta. It was that build (or something like it) that soloed stuff that small groups had wiped on... and there was no way my Chloro/necro could have done it.

X
    Last edited by XtremElement; 02-09-2011 at 01:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread