+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chloro peak?

Soulwalker

Default Chloro peak?

I was wondering if this is a worry for anyone else? It seems like L32 is the peak of the chloro soul, which would explain to me why in Beta 5 everyone seemed to think chloro was worthless and in Beta 6 everyone loves them. Clerics don't seem to come into their own until L36 (when they start to get big heal buffs) but no such talent exists for going deep into Chloro. It doesn't have a 'increases healing done by x talents in chloro' like other classes, and it's two last root spells are on massive cool downs. The other concern is whether you will find any great synergy boosts to your healing via going 30 in another tree or 15 in two. There certainly aren't any other life damage souls for mage or healing souls, and while Lock will definitely keep the healer alive, while that really matter with a good tank in non-pvp situations to compete with Clerics at L50?
    Sadly, for non-alpha's we probably won't know until release, at which point most people will be committed to a class.
    I wonder if anyone else has considered this as a long term issue. Opinions?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xyebane View Post
    I was wondering if this is a worry for anyone else? It seems like L32 is the peak of the chloro soul, which would explain to me why in Beta 5 everyone seemed to think chloro was worthless and in Beta 6 everyone loves them. Clerics don't seem to come into their own until L36 (when they start to get big heal buffs) but no such talent exists for going deep into Chloro. It doesn't have a 'increases healing done by x talents in chloro' like other classes, and it's two last root spells are on massive cool downs. The other concern is whether you will find any great synergy boosts to your healing via going 30 in another tree or 15 in two. There certainly aren't any other life damage souls for mage or healing souls, and while Lock will definitely keep the healer alive, while that really matter with a good tank in non-pvp situations to compete with Clerics at L50?
    Sadly, for non-alpha's we probably won't know until release, at which point most people will be committed to a class.
    Hmm.. I must be reading different forums because in B5 and B6 I have heard "chloro is awesome" from chloros; "Chloro is OP " from clerics; and "Chloro sucks/no better than a bard" from anyone who doesn't understand their mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyebane View Post

Oddly enough Chloros sometimes end up being a better choice for heals then clerics. Though it depends on souls specs, player skill level, and shear want to do it. Chloro is a good class, a few points and you can heal your self (good for solo) a few more and you can start really presenting yourself as a good healer for a group. It really depends on soul specs as well. You can really make a great support mage with certain specs or even a mage tank (yes they exist). But I digest (yes family guy) Chloro, if played right, can be a great group healer.
    Balthis - Cleric - 50) - ( @Luspire

Soulwalker

I think because chloro's healing is based off their damage, so if you spec into another soul that puts out damage it will up your heals. Could be wrong thats just my understanding.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Apollyon89 View Post
    I think because chloro's healing is based off their damage, so if you spec into another soul that puts out damage it will up your heals. Could be wrong thats just my understanding.
    Not really. You need to spec into souls that boost general damage output because our healing really comes only* from life based spells. That is why archon and warlock are favorites, sometimes with elemental. Boosting crit, spellpower, spelldamage, and int all help us heal.

*yes, you get 5% of non life spells, but in order to heal 50 damage, that means you need to hit for 1000 on a non life hit. as opposed to about 75 damage with a life spell.

a 32chloro/29 warlock/5 ele would be an example of what was stated above about additional spell damage and spell crit via second and third souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephcon View Post
    a 32chloro/29 warlock/5 ele would be an example of what was stated above about additional spell damage and spell crit via second and third souls.
    Wait until level 42 when you have 56 points to spend and can go 28 chloro/28 archon. 18% faster cast speed, 16% more damage, 16% more healing, and 16% less mana cost for all spells. Plus insane mana regen and group buffs.

After this, you can put more points into Chloro to get a 32/32 build with a couple points left for whatever you want, i recommend dom for more squirrel and a knockback.

Prophet of Telara

I do understand the question though. So many other souls got this new % power increase per point invested in the tree adjustment... it seemed odd that Chloro didn't get it. That said, I suppose most people taking Chloro were perhaps taking it deep if they were going to be getting much out of it.

Top end of Chloro tre gives 2 good AoE damage abilities on short cool-downs (8s and 15s), which can give great AoE healing through LGV (even with the 80% reduction for AoE). Natural Splendour is on a 2 min cool-down but then so is the Sentinel's 51 pt and the Warden and Purifier's are 1 minute (not exactly fast).

But most Chloros (and I suspect most healing clerics) won't go massively high in one tree. They're nearly all going to have a bit of a mix. Going higher in the second soul gains Chloros consistently better performance.
    The top end of the Warlock support set-up for a Chloro brings 20% extra damage (~16% extra healing) and 5% extra Crit.

Top end of Archon can deliver +20% damage, +20% Healing, +10% casting speed, Mana cost reduction and regen tools etc...

Top end of Necro brings HoT, 5% damage debuff (equivalent to 5% healing really), 3 second stun, feign death and various pet damage increases (quite a lof of people will take the Necro support to deliver more mixed heal/dps for groups).
    I don't think you'll see Chloros peaking until they're well into their 40s.

X
    Last edited by XtremElement; 02-09-2011 at 08:35 AM.

X

You forgot the 10% on an instant cast from warlock... though it is not on the top of the tree. An instant cast nature's touch is nice to have if its not on cd.

Edit: spelling
    Last edited by Dephcon; 02-09-2011 at 08:39 AM.

Plane Touched

While I think the Mage class generally is kind of a mess, Chloro is one soul that is doing just fine. Yes, it's an early peaking soul compared to others, and yes, as it stand, 51 points in Chloro probably isn't wise - thirtysomething points makes more sense.

But if you gave it a big bump to its numbers at high levels, it would probably get OP - maybe some of the high level powers could get enhanced a bit - blight seems kind of lame for a 38. But as it stands now, Chorlo is a healer that gets some good utility by getting combined with 30 points or so in something else, which makes it fun and interesting, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephcon View Post
    X

You forgot the 10% on an instant cast from warlock... though it is not on the top of the tree. An instant cast nature's touch is nice to have if its not on cd.

Edit: spelling
    The biggest downside to the instant cast, is that it adds a GCD to whatever spell you cast. So it really only saves you .5 seconds on a Vile and 1 second on Nature's. For PvP though, this proc is alot of fun, especially since they added the Yellow message when it procs.

Prophet of Telara

Yeah - it was because I was quoting stuff higher in the tree that I left Opportunity out. It's a nice thing to have.

X

I would look at it more of a 2.5 sec cast reduced to zero ( of which is the biggest healing spell via synthesis and lgv) front end loads the healing and puts the gcd at the end rather than during.

But I guess you can look at it however you like.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremElement View Post
    The top end of the Warlock support set-up for a Chloro brings 20% extra damage (~16% extra healing) and 5% extra Crit.
    20% more damage is 20% more LGV healing. 100 damage > 80 healing. 120 damage > 96 healing. 96 / 80 = 1.2.

That said, the 20% more damage doesn't affect your direct heals. If 5% of your healing was from direct heals, 20% damage would provide a 19% boost in overall healing, etc.

Opportunity procs also let you cast on the move, if it happens to be available at the time.

I would guess that direct heals are less than 1% of the overall healing I have done in the last 2 betas.... I rarely use bloom or florish.

whereas the + damage adds to lgv and systhesis and the +heal only adds to bloom and florish.

Please correct me if im wrong here.

Assuming you are using life damage spells

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast