+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyro/warlock/cloro build fro solo/instances and PvP

Shadowlander

Default Pyro/warlock/cloro build fro solo/instances and PvP

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...kssz.efzcuzshz

I am gona try somfin like this, as i think i can get some nice damage from this build and some nice survivability
    what u guys think? All critisysm is welcome

Plane Touched

That build lacks focus.

Your buffing your void bolt AND your fireball. You get a lot of abilities that need charge, yet you dont get the talent that boosts charge regen. You put 8 pts in chloro that I believe you will never, ever, use, except for the channel, but that will be rarely because in this build Mortality is better. So no, I really don't think this build will be good, at all, for anything. Yes you can probably kill mobs with it, but other builds will be better at that.

Oh i was looking at a Chloro/war/pyro build too and made this.
    Pyro/Chloro/War

reasons are :
    Chloromancer:
    Hmm this class is very underrated the heals are insane. When you add Radiant Spores + Phytogenesis thats 30% chance of getting healed for the dmg dealt on up to 8 mobs. now thats awesome when you add Back draft to stun up to 8 mobs for 2 seconds + dmging them then channel Firestorm straight after against the stunned mobs. nice heals (not even mentioning the Planar dmg buff skill you can get for 200 planarites)

Pyromancer:
    I picked this because i feel comfortable with it. Stormcaller is nice AoE class but i think pyromancer is nice direct dmg + a few AoE's. The DoT's are nice and a few mp power regen buffs. The shield buff to instantly recast Cinder burst is nice. and the Fireball buff to cast 3 flame bolts without CD is serious dmg.

Warlock:
    I picked Warlock for the MP regen and HP regen buffs. also the nice passive buff of 25% more charge per skill used so i can spam channeling skills. And the +15% dmg to dot's with an extra 0.6% each point spent in Warlock brings the DoT's dmg to +23.4% add that to Improved life leech and lingering pain. Iz Niazze

but flame it all you want am sure i messed summink up

Zac
    Plane Touched

@Knoodlepot
    Is this for solo/party pve?
    - for party, if you have a real healer remove chloro, if no healer go full chloro for starter instances

I see 14/38/14 chloro pyro warlock:
    - there is no imp. LL/ling. pain and it's not needed, chloro heals enough
    - therefore draining bolt is useless
    - why 3/3 neddras influence, when you clearly play a nuker
    - remove these 4 from warlock add at least 2 into chloro for flourish to get full healing slipstream use, if you play with a buddy add synthesis and nature's touch
    - natural awareness > acc. growth ... fire/life dmg + crit increase > 5% life dmg only ... it's should be more or less always up due to radiant spores, which doesn't aggro mobs, means are cast-able pre-fight
    - you may should go for unbreakable bonds, which equalizes the loss of single target fear (casttime, breaks on dmg) and whither

other option, instead of chloro would be elementalist for tank pet, 5% crit, 10% income dmg red., absorb shield and 50% more crit dmg

Prophet of Telara

I think the basic premise of making one build for solo, instances and PvP is just wrong. You're bound to end up with compromises - none of which are necessary as you can build separate roles for those different goals.

That's no doubt why people's comments have inclued things like 'lacks focus' or are suggesting changes focussed on one of the goals, but not all of them.

Rethink your basic approach imho.

X

Shadowlander

Thx for all the replys!

@ExtremElement: yes ur right that we will be able to have to many builds when we reach end game so I totaly changed my previous and made one exclusive for PvP

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...0VV.efkcuzsuzo

I took the + fire damage from Archon and then +spell power/+crit chance in warlock
    Took Improved life leach from warlock but dont think the heals from that are gona be so big. Wont du much solo PvP, mostly group with guildies so it might be better to take the points from LL and put em into burning bright for more +fire damage
    Dunno might experiment a bit when I get that far, and yes i will probably have to relly on some heals when PvP-ing
    We will see what happens with the mage class come release(Hopeing for some DPS buff) as right now i think its just not where its suppose to be compared to other classes.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Celestisleo View Post
    Thx for all the replys!

@ExtremElement: yes ur right that we will be able to have to many builds when we reach end game so I totaly changed my previous and made one exclusive for PvP

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...0VV.efkcuzsuzo

I took the + fire damage from Archon and then +spell power/+crit chance in warlock
    Took Improved life leach from warlock but dont think the heals from that are gona be so big. Wont du much solo PvP, mostly group with guildies so it might be better to take the points from LL and put em into burning bright for more +fire damage
    Dunno might experiment a bit when I get that far, and yes i will probably have to relly on some heals when PvP-ing
    We will see what happens with the mage class come release(Hopeing for some DPS buff) as right now i think its just not where its suppose to be compared to other classes.

If I were you id get rid of Life Leech completely and not use it, at all. The cast time and damage vs cast time and damage of Fireball is not even comparable, fireball will win it.
    I can see where you are going though, but tbh the 5% archon points are silly when you can get 10% from the warlock tree.

In the end id swap archon out for archmage (gives a cc break ability on 5min cd), and prolly chuck more points into the warlock tree (some nice stuff you can get there, with the 80% damage reduction).
    Or you could add points to the archmage tree (15% extra damage vs players f ex).

Shadowlander

Yeah i see why u are saying to put points into Arcmage, i could get +15% spell damage increase instead of only 5% and does 5% from Archon is only for fire damage. PvP wise defo benefit!
    And yeah to get Neddra's Essence from Warlock tree would be perfect as well, just need to reorganize some of the points spent.

Rift Disciple

This is the Pyro/Lock/Chloro (PvE) build i'm going to test in the next beta:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0zsuts.xx0V0Va

0 points in Chloro just for the Radiant Spores

41 points in Pyro as my main spec

25 points in Lock (Magical Affinity, Opportunity, Vitality, Potency, Shadow Life, Dark Power).
    Last edited by Noodz; 02-11-2011 at 07:10 AM.

Zac
    Plane Touched

@Noodz
    0 points into chloro? i like it
    - fine for solo just remember to switch into 0 domi for transmog, if theres another chloro with buffed radiant spores in the instance/rift/invasion party, so you don't knock the more powerfull spores off the mob
    - and if you need tank pet in the first 30lvl, you can go for 0 ele

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zac View Post
    @Noodz
    0 points into chloro? i like it
    - fine for solo just remember to switch into 0 domi for transmog, if theres another chloro with buffed radiant spores in the instance/rift/invasion party, so you don't knock the more powerfull spores off the mob
    - and if you need tank pet in the first 30lvl, you can go for 0 ele
    I've got a Pyro build with a 0 point Ele pet at the moment, but i pull aggro off it within the first couple of spells so he doesn't really help much. I thought it better to buff up my damage so i can kill mobs quicker.
    This build is for solo pve, i'll have another one for dungeons/raids.

Zac
    Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Noodz View Post
    I've got a Pyro build with a 0 point Ele pet at the moment, but i pull aggro off it within the first couple of spells so he doesn't really help much. I thought it better to buff up my damage so i can kill mobs quicker.
    This build is for solo pve, i'll have another one for dungeons/raids.
    Ah ok, you didn't stated it was for solo, so thought i throw the radiant spores thing, at you, too

problem with the build is, it's lvl 50, would be more usefull, if you actually linked your current one.

I had no problem going 2vs2 at once on normal mobs, ele pet tanked a, while i killed b (wither+unbreakable bonds to keep b away), who died before my feet, then nuking a, as the pet lost aggro, a moved to my position and died on top of b, then aoe-auto-loot > sac: life/mana + reconstruct > repeat

+ Reply to Thread