+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A quick question about dominator

Telaran

Default A quick question about dominator

I didn't have the chance to play a mage in beta yet so I would like some clarification on the following:

reading through the dominator talents and skills, I see that you can have an instant-zero cooldown-transmognify that doesn't heal the target. I mean something like transmognify>cider blast>transmognify>ciderblast>transmognify>cider blast is possible or am I missing something?

Shadowlander

Default yes you are

Ya...the long cooldown and casting time of Cinderburst plus the extremely unlikely chance that this scenario would ever really occur. In theory it sounds great, but sometimes that beast reality bites us in the arse!

Is a nice theory though

Sunder is in Open Recruitment and accepting all Archetypes/Roles - Visit www.sunder-guild.com

Soulwalker

read the mana cost of transmogrify and imagine chain casting it. Assuming you'd also want to do damage, then you'd probably get 3-4 cc's off at which time if they're not dead you are because you're OOM. All this bearing in mind that you've invested a lot of points into transmogrify so your damage is not the most stellar in the game. Maybe if you coupled this with a teammate and in between cc's you are mana wrenching.

Telaran

Ok let me pay proper attention to the spell rotation:

instant transmognify (duration up to 36 sec) -> cinder blast (50% incr casting speed from swift control, -0.5 sec cast from quick thinking?) -> instant transmognify (up to 36/2 secs) -> heat wave (no gcd on it's own - 0.5 gcd less - 50% +50% casting speed , Cinder blast (should be safely quick enough) -> instant transmognify (very short duration) -> random short casting spell like death's edict or smthg.

What about this? When you say it is unlikely to happen do you mean the 1v1 scenario?

Edit - I've already noticed the mana cost of transmognify - it is 18% of your base mana I suppose (?) so it is far from 1 / 5th of your mana and using it for the 3rd time is overkill anyway. This is not about wheather it is a viable strategy or not though - I am only intrested if I miss something on the talents-skills mechanics
    Last edited by Iones; 02-08-2011 at 09:10 PM.

Shadowlander

Default still not getting it

this won't happen on live. when the open beta starts on the 15th try this and see what happens

Sunder is in Open Recruitment and accepting all Archetypes/Roles - Visit www.sunder-guild.com

Prophet of Telara

You can only trans someone twice before they are immune for a short period of time.

Soulwalker

Also even if there wasn't a diminishing return on Trans, don't forget that someone with a lot of soul points is going to have 1-4 ways to break out of CC. I think that is what Ronin is alluding to. So yes you would be casting it 3+ times at least. A lot of classes will also have a pet beating on you during this time frame.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Qaedyan View Post
    You can only trans someone twice before they are immune for a short period of time.
    Thank you ,

Ascendant

ooops wrong thread
    Last edited by MoonDragn; 02-09-2011 at 02:09 PM.

nvm fixed (removed post)
    Last edited by Inixia; 02-09-2011 at 02:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread