+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Check this build and tell me what you think

Default Check this build and tell me what you think

On the next beta, I decide that I will play it as a mage. I have read a lot of thread here on diferent builds and I decide I will try this one

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ccbR.Vxxz0M.xx

Is a storm/elem/lock build.

This build is made with DPS in mind.

Telaran

honestly, for a dps build you really need to go full in a tree. Classes like a stormcaller have to much self senergy on their skills so you won't really use most of the other classes abilties, so your pet won't hit as hard because you won't be able to cast the spells to make your pet hit harder without sacrificing some of your dps in your stormcaller.

Shadowlander

Default to the OP

Ok, first of all, i'd pick up Static Barrier in the SC tree it's great for getting melee off of you..
    Second...i'd get the Ice shield from the Ele tree....being able to soak up damage is HUGE for a mage.
    Why did you not get the 50% increase to your critical hit spells??? that's gimping yourself for no reason...
    Also, why not get the 2/2 in improved Lightning Bolt....on my SC i use that spell all the time....that spell can hit
    REALLY hard.

Just a few suggestions from someone who loves the SC.

Sunder is in Open Recruitment and accepting all Archetypes/Roles - Visit www.sunder-guild.com

Soulwalker

38 points is enough in stormcaller. A case could be made to go 44, particularly in a raid setting, but I think you lose out on too much from ele and lock. I would assign them differently though, particularly in elemental - tempest is too good to pass up. In stormcaller, you may want charged field, but I don't know how good it is.

Quote Originally Posted by brokenronin View Post
    Ok, first of all, i'd pick up Static Barrier in the SC tree it's great for getting melee off of you..
    Second...i'd get the Ice shield from the Ele tree....being able to soak up damage is HUGE for a mage.
    Why did you not get the 50% increase to your critical hit spells??? that's gimping yourself for no reason...
    Also, why not get the 2/2 in improved Lightning Bolt....on my SC i use that spell all the time....that spell can hit
    REALLY hard.

Just a few suggestions from someone who loves the SC.
    Where can i get the 50% critical hit? I couldn't see where to spend points for more critical

Shadowlander

i meant the one that increases your spell crit damage by 50%...at lvl 35 i have 20% crit, 26% with a bard in my party...so that extra 50% damage really adds up. You should think about picking it up

Sunder is in Open Recruitment and accepting all Archetypes/Roles - Visit www.sunder-guild.com

i meant the one that increases your spell crit damage by 50%...at lvl 35 i have 20% crit, 26% with a bard in my party...so that extra 50% damage really adds up. You should think about picking it up
    completely agree the 50% crit is very important

Ohh my bad, I was trying to figuire it out on the tree where I can get that extra 50%, and them read tempest and I was like OHH yeah

Thanks, back to rearrange everything.

REALLY hard. :
    Also by Lightning Bolt you mean Lightning Rod? I can't see any Lightning Bolt :P

Also is wind child worth it?
    Last edited by ElectroManiac; 02-09-2011 at 06:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread