+ Reply to Thread

Thread: returned to rift and...

Soulwalker

Default returned to rift and...

I have been working on all the classes, bought all the souls, having a blast experimenting. I am curious though about one thing: I have always enjoyed necromancers, and this version is no different. While I prefer my pyro/FK for questing cuz it's way faster, I was wondering if necros were viable at 70? I am not a FOTMer, so having the best possible spec is of no real importance, but I also do not want to be a hinderance in groups. Any feedback is appreciated. BTW im planning 61 nec/15lock/0 arch (which can be swapped for anything better). Thanks!

Necros are unfortunately one of the weaker options- if not the worst.

1) Dps wise it will do 1/3 rd of it's alternatives at best.
    Reasons being: Pets and uncontrolled minions- which Necro builds around- scale insanely bad that expansion and may only add some 5% to your dmg (and that only bc necro dmg is low to begin with)

2) Necro Legendaries are all utterly bad. The posterboy 70 dps build gains some 220% dmg combined through legendaries- Necro leggies give you some +5% pet dmg etc. (on 61 Necro, most of the dmg comes from the offsouls)

3) Necro never was a brilliant dps option. Besides taking over the caster pet and using the aoe channel, the whole soultree revolves around a rather slow pased mob grind with sourviveability. So here it trades flashy dmg options for pets and heals.

Viable but 0.1% options:

Necro solotank.
    One boss deals little damage but needs 2 tanks spotting.
    Necro can take over the tank pet and taunt the boss off himself.

Necro-Ele: Support heals and the 15% link for tanks (Fell out of favor since Warlord has the same 15%link in a better build). When done right, Necro has a bunch of fast ticking options for Lifegiving Veil- but under no circumstances it's even close to being a first choice.

Most of your abilities need your pet to please hit the target- and on a new enemy you basically start your slow windup from 0. Archon support does more dmg and is more flexible.

The cherry ontop: While other butchered souls like Predator, Champion or Cabbalist at least find good use in hybrids, Necro isn't even useful for that

Only Rogue Shadeborn is just as useless, really bottom tier.
    Last edited by Shas; 07-06-2020 at 09:20 PM.

Hierosolyma | Shas | Shaslol | Syenn | Azuren | Jeru | Katane

Soulwalker

Man that is really depressing lol. Looks like I will stick with pyro build. Thanks for the reply

+ Reply to Thread