+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ambrodel

Thread: 51 Warlock/ 25 Chloromancer/ 0 Pyromancer (comments welcome!)

Telaran

Post 51 Warlock/ 25 Chloromancer/ 0 Pyromancer (comments welcome!)

51 Warlock/ 25 Chloromancer/ 0 Pyromancer

Starting Rotation:

Dark Touch
    Atrophy
    Defile
    Withering Vines
    Life Leech

Macro:

#show Nature's Cleansing
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Consuming Fissure
    cast Soul Crystal
    cast Salvaged Tablet
    cast Neddra's Essence
    cast Natural Conversion
    cast Empowered Darkness
    cast Conflux
    cast Radiate Death
    cast Blight
    cast Draining Bolt
    cast Choke
    cast Persist
    cast Flourish
    cast Ruin
    cast Consuming Agony
    cast Bloom
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Neddra's Grasp
    cast Aversion
    cast Neddra's Torture
    cast Radiant Spores
    cast Void Bolt

AoE Channel:

#show Devouring Shadows
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @gtae Devouring Shadows

Thanks for looking and any comments will be very welcome!

Champion of Telara

Can you say something about the field of application and for which level range your spec is intended? For your spec the 25 points in the Chloromancer seem to be mostly wasted, a maximum of 8 points in chloro should be enough without your healing/survival chances suffering noticeably.

I think with one of the established specs you will have a much better experience. This does not mean that you can't play your spec as long as you enjoy it but you should work on your macro, it's slowing you down too much right now. Just because you can put everything in a macro is rarely useful. You are wasting most abilities or unintentionally delaying useful abilities without using them meaningfully.

Telaran

I'm almost level 60. I do mainly IA's and want to do raids in end game. The main purpose for the build is as a secondary healer/ secondary DPS. Sort of a support for each but not to be the main in either. Can you show me a better macro using my build?

Quote Originally Posted by JahnK View Post
    Can you show me a better macro using my build?
    Just remove some of the situational items, like Soul Crystal and Salvaged Tablet. There's no need for them to be in this macro. You can use the Planar Attunement equivalent stat buffs instead and buff them seperately. Soul Crystal is also useless at your level and there won't be a better version of it later. You also don't need Choke in the rotation. Why interrupt when the're nothing to interrupt? So take out the situational stuff and it will be much cleaner.

The endgame is so vastly different from the leveling experience, that it would be a waste to focus too much on your current build for that. You will NOT be using this spec at endgame, as it is simply not good enough. If it works for YOU when out soloing, then keep at it, no problem. But once you get with a group or a raid, it's expected that you have a better build. Bamul linked some that are good. Use them instead. The Masteries you're about to get at 61 and the Legendary Talent Points coming at 66 will not only change but also increase the options you have for a good build and will make bad builds worse at the same time. This build will fall into the "bad" category for what you stated you wanted to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

Telaran

Can you point me to a better synergy for an HPS/DPS build? I'd like to see it and try it out. Thanks! Oh, and the tablet and crystal are from the planar attunement tree.

Can you point me to a better synergy for an HPS/DPS build
    You mean, like the ones Bamul has already linked to?
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are

Champion of Telara

Can you point me to a better synergy for an HPS/DPS build? I'd like to see it and try it out. Thanks! Oh, and the tablet and crystal are from the planar attunement tree.
    Up to level 66 play what you enjoy, but from level 66 I would switch to the Harbinger if you have the soul, which will make leveling much easier for you. From level 70 and with the eternal weapon and legendary abilities the game changes significantly again and you have to learn new specs and rotations anyway so it doesn't matter what you play during the leveling.

Telaran

The main problem with any Harb build is that it's melee. I don't want to get that close. I like being quite far from my target. The farther the better. Also, Harb builds have no healing synergy with anything. Even if you would have a few points in chloro to get bloom, you would have to be spamming it so often that you wouldn't have time to fight. I just don't see it with my playstyle.

The main problem with any Harb build is that it's melee. I don't want to get that close. I like being quite far from my target. The farther the better.
    That's where Phantom Blades come into play. Pull stuff at range, when they get close to you, they are pretty much dead. Rinse and repeat. Besides, this is for when you still level and if you play mostly solo, you WILL have enemies come close to you. You WILL, even in a Ranged spec, play in Melee range. Why not take advantage of a build that is extremely well suited for BOTH types? The only alternative is Elementalist or Necromancer for the pets to take some aggro, but they really aren't good either.

Also, Harb builds have no healing synergy with anything. Even if you would have a few points in chloro to get bloom, you would have to be spamming it so often that you wouldn't have time to fight. I just don't see it with my playstyle.
    Your playstyle changes as you level up. You have yet to reach the latest content, the highest levels. What you KNEW from back in 2017 at level 65, is not the same as what we KNOW in 2020 with level 70. Bamul knows his stuff. If he says the Harbinger build is the best AND it can keep itself alive, you should trust that. You THINK you know, but you don't. Legendary points do really change that much. They do really make that big a difference. You won't NEED that much active healing. As an example, just look at Frostkeeper. The very first ability, Rime, is a cast-time healing ability. But when it becomes Legendary, it becomes an auto-cast, insta-cast, self-heal, every 5 seconds, as long as you fighting. By itself, Rime sucks as an ability to keep you alive, but as Legendary, it is almost overpowered. I KNOW this, because I USE this on my mage. So trust me, and trust Bamul. Go with the build he suggested when you get to 66. You won't regret it.
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 05-28-2020 at 12:19 PM.

Champion of Telara

The main problem with any Harb build is that it's melee. I don't want to get that close. I like being quite far from my target. The farther the better. Also, Harb builds have no healing synergy with anything. Even if you would have a few points in chloro to get bloom, you would have to be spamming it so often that you wouldn't have time to fight. I just don't see it with my playstyle.

The Harbinger melee is easily compensated by his large arsenal of tools and as Ambrodel already said, with Phantom Blades you can play as a full range in half the time but because of the high self-healing rate this is not necessary, you can stand at the mob all the time and still be almost unkillable.

You can also make yourself invisible and simply disappear from a fight in hopeless situations. Because of the high run speed with the Harbinger soul and teleporting abilities, you can also get away quickly and in addition you can stun and slow down your opponent, mostly you are not even dependent on the healing abilities of chloro.

Harbinger and Chloro complement each other fantastically. The healing produced by the Harbinger/Chloro is even enough to heal expert dungeons alone.

Legendary Bloom or simply Lucent Slash spam with many adds in combination with Lifegiving Veil produces an enormous amount of healing. Due to Eldritch Power you can use Vile Spores and Legendary Bloom without cast time and with a global cooldown of 0.5 sec.

By cleverly switching Lifegiving Veil on and off, the 50% dmg reduce for non-chloromancer abilities of Lifegiving Veil can be bypassed most of the time without significantly reducing your survival rate.

For the lazy player there is also a two button variant, to warm up with the harbinger spec it is quite decent. Building on this, once you become familiar with it take more and more abilities out of the spam macro and use them depending on the situation.

+ Reply to Thread