+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mystic Archer 40 points & What?

Rift Disciple

Default Mystic Archer 40 points & What?

Been trying to put together a 40 point Mystic Archer build but can not figure out which and where to put my other soul points.

Between the Summoning Quiver & Elemental Barrage most stuff ends up dead right away. Looking for other mage souls that would help out.

Requirements -
    Under level 60, so this is for leveling.
    Ranged
    maybe, if able to, some healing and utility.

Any help out there?

Hmm.

I guess you are using Archer for the brutal Burst with Elemental Barrage but after that, MA dps sucks a little?

Mystic Archer does not have a Mage Armor+
    Pyro does not need a full soultree for it's core abilities.
    Pyromancer's Armor will give you the option for instant Cinderbursts. They are the equivalent of WoW pyroblasts but instant and very often.

Utility: Burning Bonds snares a target in place which is handy. Archer alrady has the most op Utility for leveling however. Just zoom around. Succesfully evading fights you don't need is an aspect of efficient questing.

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#.../ikBaibp8C0/!8
    I just made that- let me know if it works- it should

So you start with your Quiver.
    - Internalized Charge+Heat Wave+Fireball - Flash Fire - Elemental Barrage - Fireball
    until your Pyromancer's Armor proccs -> Cinder Burst
    - then Back to Flame Bolt, Flash Fire, Count Down Internalize Charge and Fireball until Cinder Burst pops (up to once every 3 seconds)

I leveled mostly as 61 Pyro. Cinder Burst will procc alot and if your target is almsot dead, you can already pull the next mob with it- which may almost oneshot said mob already.

-> Benefit of the combo: Mobility and insane opener burst from MA with potent sustain rotation damage from Pyro.
    You can also get the 10 Elemental Arrows and pull a couple mobs with Pyro - then use Elemental Barrage on the grouped up targets.

Problem: Archer aswell as Pyro need some points spent to unlock the Quiver and the Cinderburst procc mechanic (lvl 53 ca.)
    (You don't need alot of Mystic Archer to get the first Path of Zoom ability. If you find yourself using more PYro than archer, feel free to transition to this:

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#.../ikBl95AB9g/!8
    It has a better Pyromancer Rotation. No free Barrage Quiver but still the option for Barrage here and there.
    (Flash Fire as primary Bolt source)
    Or
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...GlliFlkFlh0/!8
    op Pyro leveling that feels like Audiosurf or those Korean Dance games - never resting. Whenever you feel like taking a break, there is another Cinder procc, kindly asking you to pull just one more.
    Any Bolt is used For Temporal Shot.

For Heals:

Seeing you having Mystic Archer, i assume you also have the other DLC souls.
    0 Frostkeeper with Rhime would be your best choice for a quick and dirty selfheal.

More healing:

From lvl 50+ you unlocked Planar Attunement. Every exp you get, also grants you some Attunement points.
    Press U
    Start filling up Death and unlock Vampiric Essence. Once unlocked, you can find it under P - Ascendet abilities and can apply it like a temporary weapon enchant. It's a huge deal for leveling and Tanking.
    (In case you spent all the points into fire etc already: You can unlearn Attunement points at your class trainer. However you will be able to get all Attunement slots unlocked at one point so don't worry about long time decisions there)

Have fun
    Last edited by Shas; 05-02-2020 at 04:17 PM.
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

Rift Disciple

Thanks.

I'll give it a try later this coming week. Have really been enjoying the burst mystic archer has but it's after that burst if stuff is still alive that's the problem. Can usually either run away or finish the fight (which then takes forever to do). So have been looking for something else to help with.

Rift Disciple

Have played around a bit with your build and made some changes I like a bit better.

Mystic Archer
    Dropped your 3 points from Frigid Defenses and put them into Expanding Gifts.
    Reasoning: Good Self Healing. Made myself kind of toggle macro for Elemental Gifts. If out of combat, activating Summoning Quiver will heal you to full. Also can make a very nice preemptive attack if you already have a full quiver.
    Dropped 2 points Arcane Summoning and added them to String Your Bow.
    Reasoning: Just not doing that much Arcane Shot spamming to make that ability worthwhile. While having a shorter CD for a out of combat damage boost just worked better.

Dropped Frostkeeper Soul for the Arbiter Soul.
    Decided I didn't need the healing from Frostkeeper (heal spell just wasn't enough) since I had healing (better) with Elemental Gifts. Going with Arbiter gave me the Aqueous Blessing buff.

Tactics -
    Normal leveling mobs I just use Earthen Sunder > Elemental Barrage = dead.
    For the tougher mobs I followed your guide and it seems to work fine. Still want to tweak it but that's just me.

Warning: Elemental Gifts has a bad habit of agroing any nearby mobs. So needs to be used with caution.

Nice to see that you can make it work for you.

Gfts +Quiver is big brain ofc ;p

Don't forget that Internalize charge gives +16%
    And consuming paths (Paths rewritten) gives you a 2-stacking dmg buff for 18%

Should lower the chance that things still stand after Barrage.

Opening with Flash fire instead of Sunder gives it a slight gcd bonus in high pyro + the chance fir Cinder Burst just in case.

But you are already creative with things, happy blasting!
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

Rift Disciple

Once you get the 40 points into MA for Quiver, it's a very fun & fast build for leveling, IA, & dungeon running. As the burst damage potential kills everything in front of you in 3 seconds.

What takes practice and knowing which spells and in which order is for those fights that last longer then your burst damage. Which the pyro build helps out a bit for.

+ Reply to Thread