+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By McChaffe
  • 1 Post By Lyedanpol

Thread: QoL changes for Mystic Archer please.

Default QoL changes for Mystic Archer please.

Some QoL changes I'd like to request in a future class balancing update for Mystic Archer

1. The removal of AoE-LoS based targeting, which while very fun is limiting on movement as you need to be facing your target 24/7 to deal damage which limits you to strafing. All the abilities should be changed to cast on target, cast on ground or channel on target/ground.

2. The addition of a mage armor that reduces ranged damage by 5% at 0 points spent in the soul as Mystic Archer is lacking a mage armor.

3. Merging of bow ammo types into one kind of ammo.

4. Cooldown of disruption bolt changed to 15 seconds.

5. Temporal Shot no longer consumes ammunition, loses its cooldown and costs 25 charge to cast instead.

6. All ammo that is spawned should just enter the mage's quiver as they spawn in highly inconvenient places and have a tendency to spawn forward of the player character or in AoE making it impossible to get realistically get under many circumstances.

There are a lot of other changes I would like on the soul, but these are desperately needed.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 10-16-2019 at 05:32 PM.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. (™)

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    There are a lot of other changes I would like on the soul, but these are desperately needed.
    They are, however, also very much against the intended design for this particular soul. The official notes on the introduction of Mystic Archer specifically says

Mystic Archers focus their power in the form of magical arrows fired from their bow. Care should be taken when utilizing the Mystic Archer’s abilities as each offensive spell in their arsenal must be aimed, by either character movement or placing ground-targeted AoEs where the most devastation will ensue.
    which means that most of your suggestions are the exact opposite of the purpose of this soul. MA is supposed to be different, it is different, it should be different. Your changes will make it less different, more like the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    They are, however, also very much against the intended design for this particular soul. The official notes on the introduction of Mystic Archer specifically says
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    which means that most of your suggestions are the exact opposite of the purpose of this soul. MA is supposed to be different, it is different, it should be different. Your changes will make it less different, more like the others.
    Yes, they are and for good reason. This soul is fundamentally flawed in a MMO that is tab target based. There are numerous problems with this soul's design and focus tree. It is by far, the most buggy and wildly inconsistent soul in the game and there's a reason why very few people play it.

Keyens pushed this soul out without proper testing and without taking into consideration how it works in different environments. Having something that is different for the sake of being different without taking into account the rest of the game is bad design.

"Mystic Archers focus their power in the form of magical arrows fired from their bow. Care should be taken when utilizing the Mystic Archer’s abilities as each offensive spell in their arsenal must be aimed, by either character movement or placing ground-targeted AoEs where the most devastation will ensue."

This soul offers none of this gameplay that you would expect. There are no advantages to offensive spells that you get from character movement that you would not get over having tab targeting on this soul. Infact, it's the opposite. Making this soul a tab targeting soul is a massive buff in it's own right because you don't have to physically hold down the right mouse button and aim 24/7. On top of this, you don't need to deal with inconsistent height problems when shooting up or down on terrain.

Mystic Archer can keep its unique mobility, but its offensive capabilities in its current state are fundamentally broken and need to be changed.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 10-16-2019 at 06:50 PM.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. (™)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    Some QoL changes I'd like to request in a future class balancing

3. Merging of bow ammo types into one kind of ammo.

6. All ammo that is spawned should just enter the mage's quiver as they spawn in highly inconvenient places and have a tendency to spawn forward of the player character or in AoE making it impossible to get realistically get under many circumstances.
    YES DUDE!!! these two things are the only thing preventing me from enjoying the soul. to be honest I got really bad buyers remorse when I found out they added it in to make arbiter competitive in tanking again since they lack on health.

Having to pick up the arrows is super annoying to me, and like you said they spawn in odd places most of the time. As for the having to aim thing I don't mind it, It's a lot of fun and with a keybind to turn the camera behind you supper fast it isn't an issue for me really.
    Last edited by Lyedanpol; 10-16-2019 at 07:50 PM.

I find the soul as it is good. What I don't like is the fact that in some places hits are not possible. Neither Elemental Barrage nor Flash Fire. Also, the range of Elemental Barrage seems to be lower than Arcane Shot. It also happens that only the last shot of Elemental Barrage hits. As an example I'll mention the daily quest
    "Hold the Line
    Defend against the Storm Legion's forces.
    Debrief the Oathbound Scout
    Defeat the invading force"
    Normally the mob shouldn't come as far as here in the screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails QoL changes for Mystic Archer please.-2019-12-02_184312.jpg  
    Last edited by phoenix1957; 12-02-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Charwyn@Brutwacht

+ Reply to Thread