+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do not buy Mystic Archer Untill its reworked.

Default Do not buy Mystic Archer Untill its reworked.

I've tried to like this soul, but the way it works is too annoying and infuriating to like it.This soul needs a rework. Having to pick up the arrows just doesn't work in a pvp/pve(raiding) environment
    at all!. In pvp all I can do is "click summoning Quiver" - unleash "Elemental Barrage" - leave combat - "summoning quiver" - Elemental Barrage - leave combat. . . you get the picture.

In pve it isn't much better, trying to do mehcanics while having to worry about picking up arrows and watching my dps get left behind in dps meter really sucks. the only good thing about mystic archer is farming onslaught solo in planetouched wilds and even that Harbinger can do MUCH better.

Do not buy this soul!! you're going to get buyers remorse, It's a total gimmick!

please do something to make this soul enjoyable and actually usefull devs.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedanpol View Post
    I've tried to like this soul, but the way it works is too annoying and infuriating to like it.This soul needs a rework. Having to pick up the arrows just doesn't work in a pvp/pve(raiding) environment
    at all!. In pvp all I can do is "click summoning Quiver" - unleash "Elemental Barrage" - leave combat - "summoning quiver" - Elemental Barrage - leave combat. . . you get the picture.

In pve it isn't much better, trying to do mehcanics while having to worry about picking up arrows and watching my dps get left behind in dps meter really sucks. the only good thing about mystic archer is farming onslaught solo in planetouched wilds and even that Harbinger can do MUCH better.

Do not buy this soul!! you're going to get buyers remorse, It's a total gimmick!

please do something to make this soul enjoyable and actually usefull devs.
    This soul's purpose was to be a open world soul/os for tanking. It was not designed for doing damage. I think it does what it's meant to be. But I hate it and have believed it should be removed since I was testing it on pts.
    Last edited by Mrwidoes; 04-28-2019 at 12:26 PM.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    This soul's purpose was to be a open world soul/os for tanking. It was not designed for doing damage. I think it does what it's meant to be. But I hate it and have believed it should be removed since I was testing it on pts.
    The concept for Mystic Arche is actually really cool but poorly implemented. Honestly if they wanted to make Arbiter a little bit more mobile they should have changed the skill in another soul combination instead making an entire new soul JUST for that.If anything they wanted the extra income from people buying it.

They clearly didn't think this through properly before implemnting it.Its the litteral definition of a gimmick.

something flashy and for the most part useless.
    Last edited by Lyedanpol; 04-28-2019 at 01:15 PM.

Plane Walker

The concept for Mystic Arche is actually really cool but poorly implemented. Honestly if they wanted to make Arbiter a little bit more mobile they should have changed the skill in another soul combination instead making an entire new soul JUST for that.If anything they wanted the extra income from people buying it.

They clearly didn't think this through properly before implemnting it.Its the litteral definition of a gimmick.

something flashy and for the most part useless.
    They didn't want to make arbiter mobile. It's pretty mobile as it is. They used mystic archer to give arbiter a cooldown. It's one of the best cooldowns in the game.

They didn't want to make arbiter mobile. It's pretty mobile as it is. They used mystic archer to give arbiter a cooldown. It's one of the best cooldowns in the game.
    And what cooldown would that be?

Shadowlander

And what cooldown would that be?
    with 11 points in MA, you have Paths Rewritten - 40% dmg reduction for 6 seconds every 30 seconds, and you also have Elemental Gifts buff that gives +15% incoming healing and -5% damage taken
    Mage

Quote Originally Posted by loqque View Post
    with 11 points in MA, you have Paths Rewritten - 40% dmg reduction for 6 seconds every 30 seconds, and you also have Elemental Gifts buff that gives +15% incoming healing and -5% damage taken
    Sure they're good tanking buffs in theory but not in practice, Good luck getting the winding paths stacks at a resonable rate without paths convergence, you only get 1 stack of winding path every 20 seconds and if you put 3 points into "Ffind the Way" you'll get 3 more if HP goes below 50% (with a good healer that hardly EVER happens).

It's a good OH ****! button but thats about it, mind you arbiter by itself is plenty good for tanking and it already has an OH **** shield which I hardly EVER use with a good healer.

so its pointless really. Mystic Archer is a gimmick.
    Last edited by Lyedanpol; 05-02-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Plane Walker

Sure they're good tanking buffs in theory but not in practice, Good lucking getting the winding paths stacks at a resonable rate without paths convergence, you only get 1 stack of winding path every 20 seconds and if you put 3 points into "Ffind the Way" you'll get 3 more if HP goes below 50% (with a good healer that hardly EVER happens).

It's a good OH ****! button but thats about it, mind you arbiter by itself is plenty good for tanking and it already has an OH **** shield which I hardly EVER use with a good healer.

so its pointless really. Mystic Archer is a gimmick.
    So what you're saying is you've never seen a tank's hp drop less than 50% or your own in bos? Nice, what spec, and raid setup are you using?

So what you're saying is you've never seen a tank's hp drop less than 50% or your own in bos? Nice, what spec, and raid setup are you using?
    you do realise Bastion of Steel is a small percentage of rifts content? making a brand new soul to make arbiter better for T2 raid is downright dumb and a waste of developer resources. If that was their intent they should have made a post about it so that people don't waste their money on something 90% of rifts population will never do anyway (only a small portion of the population even tank in the first place). Like i said earlier its mostly useless, over all its not worth the money.

I stand by what I said, Its a gimmick.

Shadowlander

you do realise Bastion of Steel is a small percentage of rifts content? making a brand new soul to make arbiter better for T2 raid is downright dumb and a waste of developer resources. If that was their intent they should have made a post about it so that people don't waste their money on something 90% of rifts population will never do anyway (only a small portion of the population even tank in the first place). Like i said earlier its mostly useless, over all its not worth the money.

I stand by what I said, Its a gimmick.
    Right now it is, because there is no real new content to progress on, and hybrid tanks are allowed to rule. I can imaging running this as tank offsoul during progress or race as you would be quite on the lower side hp wise doing any content.

I do agree that it could be reworked considering current state of affairs, but I wouldn't count on it. Getting bolts straight into quiver with some buff would be a good qol change. It looks to me as this soul was some kind of experiment aka "lets give ex-wildstar players and action rpg players a reason to play". I do like some of its skills, but there is alot of improvement to be made.
    Mage

Quote Originally Posted by loqque View Post
    Right now it is, because there is no real new content to progress on, and hybrid tanks are allowed to rule. I can imaging running this as tank offsoul during progress or race as you would be quite on the lower side hp wise doing any content.

I do agree that it could be reworked considering current state of affairs, but I wouldn't count on it. Getting bolts straight into quiver with some buff would be a good qol change. It looks to me as this soul was some kind of experiment aka "lets give ex-wildstar players and action rpg players a reason to play". I do like some of its skills, but there is alot of improvement to be made.
    I couldn't agree more. I'm hoping something gets done about it soon.

+ Reply to Thread