+ Reply to Thread

Thread: come back and tanking

Soulwalker

Default come back and tanking

hey
    I come back on the game after 1 year.

I want to play my mage as tank, not hybride, off tank but like a main tank.

But i have a question : is frostkeeper is obligatory?

It's strong, but defenitly not a necessary. Those are 2 prooven Arbiter maintank variants without FK:

As low gear 61 Arbiter you may want to get offsouls which provide you with hp, such as Archont and Warlock

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...Gll5i/Gjg|_I_g

Apply life leech with Dark touch to the main target and cast one Searing Vitality once every 5 mins. (All Tankbuffs)

Once you have the eternal, you can try this one.

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...Gll5i/gww|_Y_g

Keep up Living Storm and spam Thunder Shock

#show Scatter Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Scatter Strike
    cast Shattered Reflection
    cast Thunder Shock
    cast Counter Shock

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...-02_213856.jpg
    This situation was also able due to having a Rift Blade's Stand Tall! on me, which opens up a whole new topic.

Able to soloheal Irotp 1,2,3(with a cleanser), 4 aswell as tdnm 1,3,4 while being a full 61 tank.

Trust your Living Storm, use bloom and it's 6sec hot mechanic from nature's corrosion and keep spamming Thunder Shock with your 1sec gcd. (all tankbuffs + Lifegiving Veil)
    Last edited by Shas; 04-07-2019 at 02:25 PM.

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

Quote Originally Posted by sckar View Post
    But i have a question : is frostkeeper is obligatory?
    Welcome back!

With the way the game is played right now, being a Maintank means so much more than just being a TANK and taking damage. It also means being able to keep yourself alive. Frostkeeper plays a big part in that. Can you MT without? Sure. But it won't be as easy.

+1 Ambrodel

When tanking, it also comes down to timing and an understanding for mechanics. You have alot of personal cd's aswell as soul mechanics (Storm Front, Shielding Ward) to manage which help you to maximise your performance.

-> A T1 tank with proper timing, understanding and cd sync is able to sourvive alot more than a Full bis T2 'brick'.
    It starts with intercepting people, timing your Phantom Stream - over to predicting a dodgy phase and reacting without 'overusing' personal cd's. Too many full T2 tanks simply surrender to basic mechanics or cry for more healer (not only more heal but actually more people swapping to heal) while them having a ful magazine of cd's ready on death. (irotp 4/4 solotank)

Tanking is a little more than being a onebutton hp pool. It's about being healable and serving mobs. Healable means that you give your healers a chance to keep you allive. Being able to manage your own mistakes aswell as presenting the mobs in a way that everyone else can properly minmax on them is what differs a tanking player from a tank. This includes not wildly running aournd with your adds (TD council), not turning cleave into the group (irotp golems), and stacking aoe targets asap (irotp 4/4 addphase)

When heading to become a tank main, keep in mind that you - at one point- may want to pick up viable hybrids aswell (taunting chloro, archotank, fkt etc)
    Last edited by Shas; 04-07-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Soulwalker

thx for the answers, maybe i will buy frostkeeper i dont know, but is someone has the build with it?

thx

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...GGll5i/Go|_Y_g

All about the Stewardship, Crystall barrier and Ablative Crystals and Legendary Rime passive.

Might be slightly different versions out but the Masteries Healing Exigency, Eldrich Swiftness and Phantom Stream are important.
    Last edited by Shas; 04-07-2019 at 02:45 PM.

Soulwalker

thx a lot for informations, but i have a last question

When i played ( 1 year ago) for tank we must take 1 legendary abilitie to avaid legendary attack from boss( and dont be Os) but i dont find witch one abilitie i must take to avaid this legendary abilitie.

I dont want to be one shot in raid

Quote Originally Posted by sckar View Post
    I dont want to be one shot in raid
    You won't. Legendary Hits have been removed, so you no longer need that talent. Explanation here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5371827
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 04-10-2019 at 10:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread