+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyro vs SC

Rift Disciple

Default Pyro vs SC

I'm trying to figure out which is better.
    I've tried both and found that SC is easier because it mostly uses 2 ST powers, while Pyro uses a bunch of powers with CDs.
    Does Pyro have any advantages over SC?

Rift Disciple

Kinda depends on what yer looking at them for. The tl;dr is:

Pyro is a ST focused soul that does very good ST dmg,
    SC is an AoE focused soul, that does decent AoE dmg.

Pyro has some constant and dependable aoe-cleave built in. SC does not have ST built in by default, you have to change the playstyle/buffs to get it... And to be frank, by end game, there's no current need for a dedicated AoE soul.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DrGantz View Post
    I'm trying to figure out which is better.
    I've tried both and found that SC is easier because it mostly uses 2 ST powers, while Pyro uses a bunch of powers with CDs.
    Does Pyro have any advantages over SC?
    With level 70 there is no scenario where it is worth playing a Stormcaller, Pyro does much more ST damage and at the same time good AoE damage.
    61 Pyro and 58 Ele are currently the top raid dps specs for mages. Most mages play the 58 Ele nowadays because it is very mobile and well suited for fast target changes and at the same time does a lot of cleave damage.
    For solo content, 61 Harbinger /9 Chloro/6 Arbiter is the best choice because of its good self-healing and high damage output.

If you are not level 70 yet, the following information might be helpful for you:
    Up to level 50 the Mystic Archer seems to be the best choice and from level 65-70 the Harbinger seems to be the best choice for leveling. However, these two souls are not absolutely necessary. Basically, the level content is so easy that almost all soul combinations work. Assembling and experimenting with specs yourself is the great strength of Rift and is the most fun, so if you're not in a hurry, experiment a little bit with different soul combinations. With the more efficient soul combinations in the links below you save a lot of time because you do more damage and heal yourself at the same time.

Here are some useful links for mages who show the most useful specs:
    Kugelschreibers Mystic Archer Guide Level 1-50
    Burninalways Harbinger Guide Level 1-65
    Burninalways Pyro Guide Level 1-60
    Scourge Mage Builds for PvE with Level 50
    Scourge Mage Builds for PvE with Level 60
    Harbinger Level 65-70
    Harbinger Level 65-70 (2 Button Spec spec for the lazy players)
    Mage Builds for PvE with Level 70
    DPS and HPS Ranking with Level 70

+ Reply to Thread