+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Armour Query

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    27

    Default Armour Query

    Hi guys, I have just reached level 65 on my Mage and was advised that I should go to Alittu and into Scatherrean Forest. I just couldn't survive in the forest, 5 times I tried and died almost immediately each time. My gear is the Mighty Ascended gear, which I guess is why I'm dieing in the forest. So next piece of advice was to go to |Port Scudra to search the ships for chests with 100 hit gear on them. I did go there and opened the first chest, sure it had 100 hit gear in it but the rest of the stats were all lower than those I was wearing. So now I'm stuck, and don't know where to get gear that will help me survive the places I now have to go to? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Plane Touched Ambrodel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Internomad View Post
    Hi guys, I have just reached level 65 on my Mage and was advised that I should go to Alittu and into Scatherrean Forest. I just couldn't survive in the forest, 5 times I tried and died almost immediately each time.
    Do not just roam around in the forest. Do the questlines and get the gear from those. Only do the exact thing the quests tell you to do until you get more survivability. There is one massive roadbump with the first Ahnket encounter, but use the healing area from Tasuil or ask for help in the zone/level channels. Most people are willing to come for that, because it is a pain solo for a new 65.

    The first quests are very important due to gear upgrades. Do them and don't try to do a lot of other stuff that yields no upgrades.

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Once you are level 66 you can also check out the auctions house for a little start help or maybe you're in a guild where someone can quickly craft you a few items.

    maybe this overview will help you as well:
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/items/10/...f=a5_0_1#f=c_1

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Internomad View Post
    Hi guys, I have just reached level 65 on my Mage and was advised that I should go to Alittu and into Scatherrean Forest. I just couldn't survive in the forest, 5 times I tried and died almost immediately each time. My gear is the Mighty Ascended gear, which I guess is why I'm dieing in the forest. So next piece of advice was to go to |Port Scudra to search the ships for chests with 100 hit gear on them. I did go there and opened the first chest, sure it had 100 hit gear in it but the rest of the stats were all lower than those I was wearing. So now I'm stuck, and don't know where to get gear that will help me survive the places I now have to go to? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    May I ask what spec you played? Did you forget to set your planar attunement points?

    My Level 65 mage twink with the same equipment as you (Mighty Ascended gear from the level 65 boost and without any fragments) is almost immortal in Scatherrean Forest even if I'm fighting multiple mobs at the same time. I destroy the mobs in a few seconds with my simple two button spec. With level 65 you should not use Bloom in the proc macro, use it separately and only when you need healing. With level 66 make Bloom a legendary ability and put it back into the proc macro.

    If you are familiar with the 2 buttons spec you should switch sooner or later to this way of playing to get more control over your abilities.

    My Equip:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...75/unknown.png

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In a Very Dark Place
    Posts
    14

    Default Celestail

    Get the weekly Celestial adventure's quest (upstairs at Alittu), 30 IA's shoud net a few Celest cache's, which could contain upgrades for armor and weaps.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    May I ask what spec you played? Did you forget to set your planar attunement points?

    My Level 65 mage twink with the same equipment as you (Mighty Ascended gear from the level 65 boost and without any fragments) is almost immortal in Scatherrean Forest even if I'm fighting multiple mobs at the same time. I destroy the mobs in a few seconds with my simple two button spec. With level 65 you should not use Bloom in the proc macro, use it separately and only when you need healing. With level 66 make Bloom a legendary ability and put it back into the proc macro.

    If you are familiar with the 2 buttons spec you should switch sooner or later to this way of playing to get more control over your abilities.

    My Equip:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...75/unknown.png
    Hey mate, I actually thought I was using your spec but I wasn't, I am now! Also my spec looks better than yours that you linked here, also I have The Hood of The Dragon Walker in the Head slot. So now I have your spec, I am going to try it out. And thanks to everyone who has replied, I really do appreciate it. Thank you all.

  7. #7
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Internomad View Post
    Hey mate, I actually thought I was using your spec but I wasn't, I am now! Also my spec looks better than yours that you linked here, also I have The Hood of The Dragon Walker in the Head slot. So now I have your spec, I am going to try it out. And thanks to everyone who has replied, I really do appreciate it. Thank you all.
    My Spec offers the best mix of DPS and self-healing.

    Beginners often make the mistake of putting points into useless skills that promise more % damage, or more healing or more damage mitigation but in the end have little effect due to the way Rift calculates damage increases. The tooltips are often wrong and do not reflect reality.

    The 2 Buttons Spec by the way is far away from the maximum you can get out of the Harbinger soul but still quite effective and a good entry point for newcomers.

    If you want to understand the Harbinger's way of playing in detail you should read Kerghan's 3.4 Guide to 61 Harbinger. The Spec is no longer up to date but the basic mechanics are the same. To become a better player you should try to understand the basics explained in this guide. My guides are usually superficial and don't go into the basics, so Kerghan's guide is still a must read for every Harbinger student.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Thanks mate, I will have a read of that. Using your spec is awesome, knocking ST down in a couple of seconds and having no problems when surrounded by an angry group of mobs. Thanks very much.

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    27

    Default Wardstone Defence

    Having said the above, I am now stuck and dieing each time I try to defend the wardstone in the Fallen Court quest. I have tried just aggroing 1 mob at a time, but they all aggro me, and I just can't defeat them all before I die.
    Last edited by Internomad; 11-24-2018 at 06:18 AM.

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Internomad View Post
    Having said the above, I am now stuck and dieing each time I try to defend the wardstone in the Fallen Court quest. I have tried just aggroing 1 mob at a time, but they all aggro me, and I just can't defeat them all before I die.
    If you are surrounded by more than 3 mobs use your Luminous Weapon instead of reapers blade, turn on the Lifegiving Veil buff (just press the proc macro to do this) and then spam only Lucent slash and use your procs for additional healing.

    You should also use blazing light on a mob because that increases your chance to dodge and is distributed by lucent slash to all mobs.

    Luminous Weapon, Blazing Light and Lucent Slash is life damage so you get more healing with activated Lifegiving Veil buff.

    With level 66 you get legendary bloom that's almost a 100% heal every 10 seconds and makes fighting large mob groups even easier.

    Use this Macro for Lucent Slash:

    Lucent Slash
    #show Lucent Slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Charged Blade
    cast Lucent Slash
    stopcasting

    Wardstone Defence was originally intended for groups, so you may not be able to do this alone with your current Equip and Level.

  11. #11
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    If you are surrounded by more than 3 mobs use your Luminous Weapon instead of reapers blade, turn on the Lifegiving Veil buff (just press the proc macro to do this) and then spam only Lucent slash and use your procs for additional healing.

    You should also make blazing light on a mob because that increases your chance to dodge and is distributed by lucent slash to all mobs.

    Luminous Weapon, Blazing Light and Lucent Slash is life damage so you get more healing with activated Lifegiving Veil buff.

    With level 66 you get legendary bloom that's almost a 100% heal every 10 seconds and makes fighting large mob groups even easier.

    Use this Macro for Lucent Slash:

    Lucent Slash
    #show Lucent Slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Charged Blade
    cast Lucent Slash
    stopcasting

    Wardstone Defence was originally intended for groups, so you may not be able to do this alone with your current Equip and Level.
    Thanks mate, trouble is that Ward Defence is part of my current story quest and I'm very close to lvl 66, no way I can take it on though as there are over 20 mobs there atm.

    Levelled to 66 now, got in a bit of trouble at another wardstone, popped Legendary Bloom, only got 17000 heal!
    Last edited by Internomad; 11-24-2018 at 08:29 AM.

  12. #12
    General of Telara caduto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    917

    Default

    try switching shards to see if the stone is a little quieter elsewhere
    when you approach the onslaught location, try to firstly upgrade a lifespring or turret to level 4, this will pop 2 NPCs who can help keep mobs off you by taking agro
    then upgrade a turret or two for more agro pulling.
    then you should be able to pick off mobs 1 at a time to clear the area properly
    then upgrade all the rest of the turrets and lifesprings before you then upgrade the central stone

    best way of course is to ask for help in public chats
    or in your guild? assuming you have found a nice one?

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Internomad View Post
    Levelled to 66 now, got in a bit of trouble at another wardstone, popped Legendary Bloom, only got 17000 heal!
    The healing doesn't come through bloom itself but through the 5x Vile Spores which are fired every time with Legendary Bloom at the enemies near you.
    But you have to make sure that the Lifegiving Veil buff is active when the 5x Vile Spores hit your targets otherwise you won't get the healing.

    Lifegiving Veil:
    Outgoing Non Chloromancer damage is reduced by 50%. This penalty is reduced by points spent in the Chloromancer soul, down to a minimum of 0%. Lasts 1h.

    Vile Spores are not affected by the dmg reduce you can also activate Lifegiving Veil with the proc macro (/cast Lifegiving Veil) and deactivate it with the spam macro (cancelbuff Lifegiving Veil).
    Lifegiving Veil has no global cooldown and a 5 sec cd so you can heal yourself and your group quite often without any dmg reduce but stay as close as possible to the mob that your Vile Spores don't have any flight time.

    For more control you can take Lifegiving Veil out of the macros and activate it manually if you need healing and deactivate it with a separate /cancelbuff Lifegiving Veil macro if you do not need healing. If you fight against many mobs at the same time and spamming Lucent Slash you can leave Livegeving Veil permanently on if you need the healing of it. If you only fight against 1 or 2 opponents you should turn it off as long as you use the spam macro otherwise you will lose too much damage.

    By the way, with level 66 you have a new spellcrit and crit power cap which leads to the fact that you do less DPS than with level 65. This is so badly implemented by Trion that you make up noticeably less DPS at first and only the legendarys and of course the better equipment you get when leveling make up for the loss again.

  14. #14
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    try switching shards to see if the stone is a little quieter elsewhere
    when you approach the onslaught location, try to firstly upgrade a lifespring or turret to level 4, this will pop 2 NPCs who can help keep mobs off you by taking agro
    then upgrade a turret or two for more agro pulling.
    then you should be able to pick off mobs 1 at a time to clear the area properly
    then upgrade all the rest of the turrets and lifesprings before you then upgrade the central stone

    best way of course is to ask for help in public chats
    or in your guild? assuming you have found a nice one?
    I have tried picking mobs off one at a time, but them 2 horses always come for me and they seem to bring along the others.

    There is absolutely nothing happening in the Guild I am in, it's a totally casual Guild where everyone does there own thing, the only person I have spoken to in chat is the Guild leader! I want to be in a casual Guild because I don't do PvP, but also want to be active with other Guild members doing stuff together.
    Last edited by Internomad; 11-25-2018 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Additional text.

  15. #15
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    27

    Default

    [QUOTE=Bamul;5368787]
    Lifegiving Veil:
    Outgoing Non Chloromancer damage is reduced by 50%. This penalty is reduced by points spent in the Chloromancer soul, down to a minimum of 0%. Lasts 1h.

    I'm not sure I understand this!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts