+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AOE Mage

Soulwalker

Default AOE Mage

Hello! So I'm looking to build an AOE mage. I'm not sure what build works best for that now, I casually play a pyro but I'm open to learning anything.. I just haven't seriously played in a long time so I have no clue if stormcaller is the way to go or maybe necro? What have people found that works, but also what have you found that you've just had fun with but works as an AOE mage?

Shield of Telara

In the current meta you don't need an AoE spec. 58 Ele/18Pyro/0 Dom, 61 Pyro/11 Warlock/4 Ele or 61 Pyro/11 Harb/ 4 Ele are currently the best choice as they do passive AoE damage so you run your normal single target rotation and AoE damage is generated at the same time. You can find the specs here.

Soulwalker

Okay, I'll check my aoe dmg on my pyro but its mostly single target, the main reason I'm looking for mostly an AOE build is my husband and I are looking to two man some content

Shield of Telara

I should have asked first what level you have my recommendations refer to level 70 Raid content.

Soulwalker

I'm level 64, he's leveling a new one up so we aren't cap but we aren't low level either

Shield of Telara

With 64 i think 61Harbinger or 54 Harbinger is a good choice because it can do everything well so aoe dmg but also single target damage and also has good self and group healing.

Kerghan's Guide to 54 Harbinger (more selfheal and groupheal and good aoe)
    Kerghan’s Guide to 61 Harbinger (more damage and aoe but no heal)

With Level 66 you can then switch to 61 Harbinger/9 Chloro/6 Stormcaller

The good thing is that you also heal your husband with this spec and do a lot of st and aoe damage on the side.
    If you want it to be as easy as possible you can play the 2 button version. For pure AoE damage use the Luminus Weapon Buff, Blazing Light and then just spam Lucent Slash.

Soulwalker

Thank you so much! I'll give that a try!

+ Reply to Thread