+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with Healer Sage

Soulwalker

Default Help with Healer Sage

I could use help with playing a Healer.

I don't do Raids or such as yet. I am mostly a lone player, with a little IA on occasion. I need someone to point me toward some good info on the actual methods of healing when I do a group thing such as joining a Rift or IA.
    I am mostly seeking help with the MECHANICS OF THE ROLE so I don't fizz everybody by having no idea of what I am about.
    I have attitudes I haven't even used yet.

Shadowlander

I'm not sure specifically what you're looking for, and a lot of playstyle tips will be more helpful if we know which specific healer you're going for but...

It comes down to ...
    -being able to pay attention to your surroundings, as well as your team's healthbars.
    -being able to chaincast/precast (in other words being able to start another spell as your first spell goes off)
    -paying attention to status affects so you can cleanse (I find raid frames, even in a dungeon party helps me spot them. There is an option in setttings to use raid frames for parties)
    -resource management
    -targeting your party members quickly (there are several ways you can do this, mousover macros, using the mouse wheel to scroll through, etc. Depends on what you're most comfortable/efficient with)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpacesBetween View Post
    I'm not sure specifically what you're looking for, and a lot of playstyle tips will be more helpful if we know which specific healer you're going for but...

It comes down to ...
    -being able to pay attention to your surroundings, as well as your team's healthbars.
    -being able to chaincast/precast (in other words being able to start another spell as your first spell goes off)
    -paying attention to status affects so you can cleanse (I find raid frames, even in a dungeon party helps me spot them. There is an option in setttings to use raid frames for parties)
    -resource management
    -targeting your party members quickly (there are several ways you can do this, mousover macros, using the mouse wheel to scroll through, etc. Depends on what you're most comfortable/efficient with)
    Thank you for the aide. What you gave me there will go along way in helping. This sounds like what I am about.
    Mostly, I guess I wanted to see if I was able to handle a Healer role... Thanks again.
    I have attitudes I haven't even used yet.

+ Reply to Thread