+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dominator all night long

Soulwalker

Lightbulb Dominator all night long

At this moment i think im ready to call myself a seasoned mage in rift with a lvl 70 mage character which suffered a lot mental damage from testing irrational soul combinations.

however i´m far from letting him rest. since im done on MA DPS, im now looking for a good dominator purpose and thought of one:
    he has quite an amount useful skills which id like to confirm wether or not they work like i want:
    in tartaric depths normal mode:

- (non legendary) reflective command against danazhal´s mega death ball
    - arresting presence against boldoch´s "BR on CD" cast (i quit if that one doesnt work )
    - reflective presence against pleuzhal´s chain thunder

those are the 3 most obvious i could think of in which more than 13points dominator as warlock off soul could be useful

it´s making me sad they made a soul with so many funny/useful skills and they are all unneccessary in today´s content.
    perhaps you folks can think of more mechanics in which a dominator can help and if you do then dont hesitate to add them here.
    Last edited by Kikusohame; 05-25-2018 at 09:02 AM.

Soulwalker

Bamul, i hope you accept the challenge

Rift Disciple

rumor was before keyen leaves , he was reworking dom and actually had a prototype of the reworked soul and let some players tried it or at least looked at secretly. But then he was asked to create MA for sale and it was paused or dropped entirely. Would love to see the rumored prototype if it's true. /shrug
    Cileriqao@Greybriar <Kairos>

Sword of Telara

The last time I played Dominator was for Threngar and Molinar a few years ago.
    I wish crowd control would play a greater role in modern MMOS. I still remember the golden times in Everquest 1 where Bards and Enchanter (similar to Dominator) were in every group and their CC skills were really useful.

Soulwalker

Lightbulb

I´ve been creative once more and since i´m locked i can´t test it right now.
    so i´ve decided to post it here once more to get feedback if its possible and useful (or not, too)
    and btw: since this is a thread to collect my (and others) ideas of (perhaps) useful dominator uses i look at skills from 61 dominator

lROTP:
    2nd boss beruhast: arresting presence against the boss
    which should take the part of kicking the whip from all raid member, so they can focus on rotation and max dps

now comes a more crucial one:
    also lrotp 2nd boss: flame add: is it possible to set a macro with target@<flame add name> and cast @gtae <all those slow and throw up ae spells>, without setting those skills off if there is no add? probably only if i dont have beruhast in my target, right?

sense behind this would be to ensure if random spawn point of add is sh*t to create a window for the tank to still be able to get the add, or just more easily if spawn is ok

and another one:
    i already tried reflective command and presence as means to counter lROTP 3rd boss silgen´s big burn AE, but they dont work (though i tested them in ROTP(without l), so maybe one can confrim this for lrotp?)
    Last edited by Kikusohame; 05-26-2018 at 06:52 AM.

Soulwalker

aaand i´ve got another two information on domi:

1.: split personality tooltip states the amount of damage done by a hit of one ghost. with an eternal stack this damage goes up correctly (27k -> 57k per hit if weapon on last step and triggered).
    now to the main information: ghost´s still hit with 27k

2.: haunting pain is a truly hard hitting skill, paired with 41 warlock skill conflux it is just as strong (as whole spec) as 61 warlock with 13 dominator for mana wrench

edit:
    Dominator all night long-unbenannt.jpg
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...LyA8wEg/W|PLTw

this parse is a quickly made built with many failures but it shows the ambitions of haunting pain
    for example i forgot to integrate arkane manipulation and split personality (in case to contribute to higher dps)
    ( since my ui is german, orientate on the symbols if u dont know geman terms)
    Last edited by Kikusohame; 05-27-2018 at 05:16 AM.

Soulwalker

well its about time, i guess, where i could start making bets on wether or not they work
    for i got another idea:

reflective command against malannons obliberation ( perhaps more in normal mode, because it can be kicked in easy)

it would be really nice if someone had the guts to try them out sometimes and response about their functionality.

Dom never really served as a pve soul outside of a few fights for the utility. It's purpose was pvp. A well played dom would make the difference in winning the match in wf or cq.
    |AoC|Exposure|Mutiny|Crayons|Virus|Trinity|DoT

+ Reply to Thread