+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elemental Bonds Patch 5/16/2018

Default Elemental Bonds Patch 5/16/2018

MAGE: Mystic Archer:
    ⦁ Elemental Bonds can now only have a single buff active at a time.
    What does this mean? What was it doing before? When was it happening? I myself have never seen Elemental Bonds being applied twice or stacking or anything. Is it not supposed to stack with some other buff, and it was? If so, which one(s)?

Shadowlander

Yeah as a newb to Rift who has been having manic fun with MA, I'm not sure what this actually means. Not a gripe btw, it needed a nerf as it's massively OP, just not sure how this will alter my gameplay as a lvl 33 MA..

Rift Disciple

Wrong section removed
    Last edited by Bakau; 05-16-2018 at 09:05 AM.

Flash Fire would give "Flash Fire - Elemental Bonds" buff that increased all non-Fire elemental damage 30%.
    Earthen Sunder would give "Earthen Sunder - Elemental Bonds" buff that increased all non-Earth elemental damage by 30%.
    Shock Dispersal would give "Shock Dispersal - Elemental Bonds" buff that increased all non-Air elemental damage by 30%.

These three buffs could be active simultaneously, giving a combined 60% boost to Fire, Earth, and Air damage, and a 90% boost to Water, Death, and Life damage.

This patch makes it to where you can only have one Elemental Bonds buff active at a time, and the application of any one of the three will overwrite the one that was previously active. This means you can only have a max of 30% boost to all elemental damage except whatever element you used to trigger the Elemental Bonds buff, which will have 0% boost.
    Last edited by Scourge; 05-16-2018 at 09:16 AM.
    Focus@Vigil | 50 Mage
    Prime Mage Guide | Twitch.tv

Shadowlander

Thanks - time will tell how big a nerf this is; hopefully not on the Shadow Priest after EN scale (where it got gutted)

Wow, thank you so much, Scourge! That was really thorough.

+ Reply to Thread