+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 70 Necro Fragment advice needed

Shadowlander

Default 70 Necro Fragment advice needed

Hello all,

I want to make sure to do this right. I feel like I've already wasted money and cores by doing some of this wrong.

I've been told that as a mage, I want to choose Fragments that have Crit Power as a top priority. I get that.

My question is, is there any way to know what the secondary stats will be before picking the Fragment? I've found that I went for a Fragment that had Crit Power, but it also had Guard and Dodge, which I don't need. For example, both Punishing Martial Earth Fragment and Punishing Mystical Earth Fragment offer Crit Power +159. But which one to pick?

Lastly, any other words of wisdom before spending a ton of plat and cores?

Thank you all!
    Last edited by Krelthor; 04-09-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Telaran

As far as fragments go Martial = Dex/Str/PhysCrit/AP and Mystical = Int/Wis/SpellCrit/SP
    All fragments can roll End/MaxHP/Guard/Dodge/Block
    As a mage you want Mystical Fragments.

Unfortunately Fragments are a RNG cesspool designed to be a plat sink. The best advice I can give is just some general opinions.

Personally when upgrading a fragment for dps I'm okay with getting ONE of what I consider neutral stats: Endurance or Max Health. HP is nice even if you're a dps makes it easier for your healers to heal you through raid dmg.
    That being said I would not invest any additional plat or cores into a fragment if you're upgrading it and a tank stat is revealed: Guard/Dodge/Block. These are useless to you.

Aquirring good Fragments is pure luck, for example my Primalist alt has 2 perfect Punishing Death CP Fragments. Throughout this whole expansion so far I haven't been able to acquire a single one for my main Mage that was actually worth upgrading to 15.

Best of luck with the RNG.

Some additional fragment knowledge that may or may not be useful to you:
    The Primary stat on fragments is a fixed value.
    A Death Punishing Fragment will always start at level 0 with 389 Crit Power
    When fully upgraded a Death Punishing Fragment at level 15 will always have 710 Crit Power as main stat

Secondary stats do have some variance as a random secondary stat gets boosted once every 3 upgrades. As well as having a Low to High range starting value.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelthor View Post
    My question is, is there any way to know what the secondary stats will be before picking the Fragment?
    Nope. You only know the state you see. You can't get the same stat twice but you sure as **** will get the stats you don't want. Enjoy.

Most of the time when peopel talk about what stats to have on a fragment they are referring to the main stat. For which to use based on primary stat use this chart:
    https://i.imgur.com/3TtxTzu.png

Only correction is that Earth, Mage, Wisdom Main stat w/ CP secondary stat is better than CP main stat.
    Last edited by notawaifu; 04-09-2018 at 07:30 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ishimui View Post
    As far as fragments go Martial = Dex/Str/PhysCrit/AP and Mystical = Int/Wis/SpellCrit/SP
    All fragments can roll End/MaxHP/Guard/Dodge/Block
    As a mage you want Mystical Fragments.

Unfortunately Fragments are a RNG cesspool designed to be a plat sink. The best advice I can give is just some general opinions.

Personally when upgrading a fragment for dps I'm okay with getting ONE of what I consider neutral stats: Endurance or Max Health. HP is nice even if you're a dps makes it easier for your healers to heal you through raid dmg.
    That being said I would not invest any additional plat or cores into a fragment if you're upgrading it and a tank stat is revealed: Guard/Dodge/Block. These are useless to you.

Aquirring good Fragments is pure luck, for example my Primalist alt has 2 perfect Punishing Death CP Fragments. Throughout this whole expansion so far I haven't been able to acquire a single one for my main Mage that was actually worth upgrading to 15.

Best of luck with the RNG.

Some additional fragment knowledge that may or may not be useful to you:
    The Primary stat on fragments is a fixed value.
    A Death Punishing Fragment will always start at level 0 with 389 Crit Power
    When fully upgraded a Death Punishing Fragment at level 15 will always have 710 Crit Power as main stat

Secondary stats do have some variance as a random secondary stat gets boosted once every 3 upgrades. As well as having a Low to High range starting value.

Thank you so much for all of the time you spent on your response. This is really helpful and helps guide me into making the right decision.

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread