+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necro or Ele for solo leveling?

Telaran

Default Necro or Ele for solo leveling?

Which of these two specs is best for solo leveling dungeons and doing rifts ?
    Also which is best at powerleveling other toons? Thanks
    P. S. Also which fairs well at pvp in all level brackets ?
    Last edited by Artaniss; 03-26-2018 at 12:21 AM.

Rift Master

Are alternatives also possible? If so Mystic Archer seems to be the best choice for solo leveling, followed by Harbinger. I think tank pets don't keep well enough agro to play effectively, maybe one of the many prime players can tell about his experiences. With higher levels Harbinger/Chloro is the king of survival.

It looks like up to 50 Mystic Archer is best best leveling spec. I hate even saying that since ChloroHarb is probably my favorite spec to play in game out of all the classes but it is the case. I think afterwards 51+ Harb may be the better spec, definitely 60+ it will be.

But for now, get 2k planarite and get MA as quickly as you can. It will make leveling much easier.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Are alternatives also possible? If so Mystic Archer seems to be the best choice for solo leveling, followed by Harbinger. I think tank pets don't keep well enough agro to play effectively, maybe one of the many prime players can tell about his experiences. With higher levels Harbinger/Chloro is the king of survival.

Bored to death nearly BiS with nothing to do in 2+ weeks aside from a couple days of raid rifts on Prime and wound up in this subforum.

I was using Necro/Lock in open world content up until the late 30s since I didn't have MA or Harb yet. The Necro tank pet had 0 issue keeping aggro but its output was very poor compared to Harb and absolutely horrendous compared to MA.

Shadowlander

Played a Necro to 70 and loved it. First and only 70. Survivable. Can solo elites. Decent AoE ability. Tank pet holds agro and feign death is a lifesaver!!

Played Pyro mage until 60, then ran into problems. Tank pet never holds agro. My DPS is too powerful. Can't imagine how tough 65-70 will be.

How does Elementalist compare to Necro? If I enjoyed Necro up to 70, how likely am I to enjoy Elementalist? Does the tank pet survive?
    Last edited by Krelthor; 04-17-2018 at 07:15 AM.

Shadowlander

I've just made a hybrid Necro (other than the preset). I am putting 21 points into Mystic Archer, 41 into Necro, and 14 into Frostkeeper. The Skeleton Knight pet is for tanking. Mystic Archer is my damage, and Frostkeeper is for healing.

I haven't gotten into anything where my pet is needed yet. Mystic Archer pretty much kills anything before my pet even gets in there. LOL!!!

+ Reply to Thread