+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Deeew

Thread: Which soul to unlock first Harb Or MA?

Telaran

Default Which soul to unlock first Harb Or MA?

I am almost level 20 and trying to farm planarite to unlock my first mage sub on prime. Which should I unlock first? I mainly solo and do dungeon ques and also a lot of warfronts. Please let me know...

Plane Touched

Harb/chloro for leveling. But from what I hear ma does more damage. And peforms well in dungeons and pvp. But it doesn't matter much at 50, since pyro beats both.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

harb, because MA is an abomination, and you respect yourself and your life decisions.. right?
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    harb, because MA is an abomination, and you respect yourself and your life decisions.. right?
    I agree with deew, personally, I still think ma is/was a joke that should have never gotten past pts.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Telaran

It depends, honestly unlocking MA will ruin everything else because of how hideously overpowered it is at the moment on prime. It does pretty much double the dps of any of the other mage options even with barrage disabled. Pretty much the current MA is just a one button macro class that tops the dps charts. I really like the idea behind it, but it is badly balanced and the playstyle is kinda crap without Barrage which is disabled because it is OP at the sub 60 level. Your just spamming your macro and picking up all the pretty arrows. Barrage is what makes it all come together and without it the build just falls flat.

Harb is possibly one of the funnest specs to play. It has one of the most interesting playstyles, it can be quite flexible as well. It surprisingly works as both support and dps, the only downside is it won't pair well with a cloro healer. It also is one of the more tricky specs because it does not really have a set rotation. It is very reactionary and proc based.

Rift Master

This is more or less exactly what I would have said
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

MA because screw that noise.

Go out there and get yours, nobody gonna give nuthin to you.

Jokes aside, at level 20 I'd definitely go with Mystic Archer. You won't use Harb as much more than an offsoul until you get the gcd reduction at level 32, and it'll make the planarite grind easier for the next soul and help you out a ton in the open world.
    Last edited by Stihl; 03-21-2018 at 05:06 AM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    You won't use Harb as much more than an offsoul until you get the gcd reduction at level 32
    This is incorrect. Harb is entirely viable without this, yes, for leveling, and I know this because I do it. I have not chosen that talent and have 0 trouble questing with it unless I pull like an entire rifts worth of mobs at once.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

Telaran

Viable is a lot different than good. Every soul is viable for leveling. The fact is that harb is one of the very worst souls at low levels. Pretty much any other soul is better until you hit level 32. After level 32 it becomes quite good, pretty much equal to the other good souls.

Shadowlander

Am only 23 and nearly at 2k and was wondering the same thing (or even holding on for Arbiter)...then I saw an MA mage in the open world for the first time today - the damage on Prime is quite simply frightening......

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Maethor View Post
    It depends, honestly unlocking MA will ruin everything else because of how hideously overpowered it is at the moment on prime. It does pretty much double the dps of any of the other mage options even with barrage disabled. Pretty much the current MA is just a one button macro class that tops the dps charts. I really like the idea behind it, but it is badly balanced and the playstyle is kinda crap without Barrage which is disabled because it is OP at the sub 60 level. Your just spamming your macro and picking up all the pretty arrows. Barrage is what makes it all come together and without it the build just falls flat.

Harb is possibly one of the funnest specs to play. It has one of the most interesting playstyles, it can be quite flexible as well. It surprisingly works as both support and dps, the only downside is it won't pair well with a cloro healer. It also is one of the more tricky specs because it does not really have a set rotation. It is very reactionary and proc based.
    I know isn't MA great? That's like all I play now. I hope they buff it even more!!!
    Last edited by maestroanth; 05-10-2018 at 07:54 AM.

+ Reply to Thread