+ Reply to Thread

Thread: does this game have a good frost mage spec?

Soulwalker

Default does this game have a good frost mage spec?

I generally play frost mages in mmos and wondering if this game has a good frost mage type dps class

Plane Walker

No, there's a healing soul called frostkeeper. But there is a soul called stormcaller that does use ice/hail and snow and so on. It's aoe focused so it's not used in many situations in raid, but it's fine for pvp and open world. Here is the link to the soul.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    No, there's a healing soul called frostkeeper. But there is a soul called stormcaller that does use ice/hail and snow and so on. It's aoe focused so it's not used in many situations in raid, but it's fine for pvp and open world. Here is the link to the soul.
    would it be terrible to just take random ice things form each of those souls? i dont know if ill even raid , maybe just 5 man content and enjoy leveling in the game.

Telaran

It's melee, but my hubby combined arbiter with stormcaller and it seems to do decent damage, and both souls use ice. Just make sure not to have the threat pulling buff up from arbiter. You can play around with builds on Magelo's soul calculator to get a better idea. Don't be afraid to experiment.
    As an aside, in cleric there is shaman that is melee with ice, and in primalist, there is typhoon that is ranged and uses water and air, but it's mostly water attacks that at a glance could look like ice.
    Last edited by TheSpacesBetween; 03-15-2018 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trevorwhatever View Post
    would it be terrible to just take random ice things form each of those souls?
    Yes it would terrible.
    //

Stormcaller is air with only two(?) ice spells. AOE DPS Soul.
    Arbiter is mostly air and cold water. Few ice themes. Tank Soul.
    Frostkeeper is half earth half ice. Healing Soul.

There is no dedicated Frost/Ice Soul for mages.

It's melee, but my hubby combined arbiter with stormcaller and it seems to do decent damage, and both souls use ice.
    There used to be a SC Arbiter hybrid but it has been nerfed many, many times.

+ Reply to Thread