• 1 Post By notawaifu

Thread: Pyromancer help

Soulwalker

Default Pyromancer help

I was reading this guide

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...cer-4-3-a.html

And I am lost on this macro:

Spoiler!

Fireball doesn't have a CD so wouldn't you be casting Fireball constantly and never progressing to Countdown? Same with Countdown, it's an instant cast. I've read a couple Pyro guides and they all suffer this issue it seems. Am I just seriously screwed up?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by shirojirachi View Post
    I was reading this guide

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...cer-4-3-a.html

And I am lost on this macro:

Spoiler!

Fireball doesn't have a CD so wouldn't you be casting Fireball constantly and never progressing to Countdown? Same with Countdown, it's an instant cast. I've read a couple Pyro guides and they all suffer this issue it seems. Am I just seriously screwed up?
    They want you to apply countdown and such when ur moving or jumping otherwise yes it will cast fireball. This macro will work more normally and then u can put in other soul's abilities at the end that u take.

#show Fusillade
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Internalize Charge
    cast @self Arcane Manipulation
    cast @mouseover Fulminate
    cast Elemental Forces
    cast @mouseover Countdown
    cast @mouseover Searing Bolt
    cast @mouseover Inferno
    cast @mouseover Flame Bolt
    cast @mouseover Fireball
    cast Burning Shield

Quote Originally Posted by shirojirachi View Post

That is intended.

Countdown: Following the guide you'll see that Countdown is only used to apply the Accelerant buff. Countdown also cannot be recast onto a target that has countdown on it. So It is under fireball because fireball does more DPS. If you follow the guide you should have Countdown on its own button to apply Accelerant.
    Searing Bolt: Fireball does more damage than it. So again it is under fireball to go off when you are moving and can't cast fireball.
    Flame Bolt: Again this ability is only used to apply a buff to yourself - Imporved Flame Bolt. It does poor damage and it only used when moving.
    Storm's Fury, Glacial Fury: Again more abilities to use while moving. They do minimal damage but 1 is more than 0 if you can't cast fireball.
    Storm Slash: Final ability that will spam if you are in melee and constantly moving.
    Galvanic Strike: Final ability that will spam if you are at range and constantly moving.
    Blazing Light: Will cast with your back turned to your target.

Alternatively. You may put Countdown and Searing Bolt above fireball if you have a high level eternal or are using Elemental Forces. IMO not worth doing it until either of those conditions are met.

Soulwalker

Oh I see! Thank you both so much! I'm still quite new to the game so I need as much info as possible on Pyromancer since this is the soul I would prefer to main.

I really appreciate all info that can be given =)

+ Reply to Thread