+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Is Lingering Torment overwritten by another mage ?

Sword of Telara

Default Is Lingering Torment overwritten by another mage ?

Will you Lingering Torment be overwritten if another mage uses Legendary Neddra's Grasp?
    Because I'm the only mage in our raid, I've never noticed that before. Today there was another one in the raid and I always lost my Lingering Torment debuff on the boss.

I can quickly say yes, this happens when there is another mage using legendary neddras grasp and applying it on the same target as you.

Sword of Telara

This is a big problem because most mage top dps specs use Legendary Neddras Grasp. I'm surprised that this hasn't been noticed yet or I don't find a bug report about this. It's amazing how a single ability can cause so many problems after multiple hotfixes.

Plane Touched

I noticed the same thing on Titan a few months ago. My guildie and I were both playing lock and would notice our Lingering Torment just drop for no reason. Even at 7 seconds. I have seen the same thing happen to VP bosses many, many times, Lingering Torment would apply, then just fall off. I had the feeling that it was being overridden but never got around to testing it before I left. I guess a bug report is in order lol.

On a side note, I think that it's never been brought up or mentioned because there aren't many raids that have multiple mages using lock or off soul with 11 lock. So it slipped through the cracks. And this is a pretty big bug.

I talked to a guildie about the nature of Lingering Torment and he said the code behind it as well as the code behind each entity is the problem. To fix it is a fairly large task, I'm assuming because you'd need to change the code for each entity that it doesn't proc on. Unless you remove the entire requirement of having the entity do an ability and even then it would still take some tinkering around to actually fix it. As Skidrow stated before, the entire ability needs to be reworked as in, the code behind it needs to be looked at again and fixed, because, at this rate, it's such a good ability, that has many restrictions on it and is being severely hindered. Broken restrictions. I.E won't work on some entities, doesn't stack with multiple mages.

I'm guessing it's more or less linked to the nedra's grasp issues that were reported some 2 to 3 months ago....

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ras-grasp.html

and perhaps a risk of stacking buffs?
    Last edited by Aranka; 02-21-2018 at 06:45 AM.

I came back to the game a little over a month ago and I was starting to pull my hair out on this. I couldn't quite figure out what was going on. This is a pretty large bug (for mage dps) since we don't really have a lot of choices for a top dps spec in a raid.

I noticed it two weeks ago when my Dark Touch K-alert was acting wonky with other mages in the raid. I was thinking that was why - it was causing me to just be off in timing when re-applying b/c i was having to watch the buff bar instead of relying on the K-alert (which turns out is another issue). Glad to know that wasn't the case. Sad to know it is much worse than that.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

Ok I found the issue with Lingering Torment and I put a fix in for it. Once it passes QA, it should be in next week's hot fix.

I think I might like this Icarus guy
    *Fancy signature graphics followed by fancy looking Fonts with all the colors*
    BISCULTS@WOLFSBANE, GRAYSKULL Warrior lead and life coach

"I'll give YOU a punishing blow" - DarkDaemon 2016
    "If you're close to a guy, its a ok to do a little touching" - DarkDaemon 2017

Sword of Telara

Is the bug (Lingering Torment will be overwritten by another player’s version of the debuff) still present even after the Hotfix #18 2/28/2018 ?
    I have noticed at Zone Events that my Lingering Torment debuff just disappears for no reason even if the timer has not yet expired.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Is the bug (Lingering Torment will be overwritten by another player’s version of the debuff) still present even after the Hotfix #18 2/28/2018 ?
    I have noticed at Zone Events that my Lingering Torment debuff just disappears for no reason even if the timer has not yet expired.
    Yes. I have noted it happening in all content with multiple mages.

Sword of Telara

I hope Icarus can take a look

There was supposed to be a rework for Neddras grasp in order to fix this issue. The bandaid fix that we received was merely increasing the proc rate of neddras grasp in order to refresh or apply the debuff faster.

Sword of Telara

RIFT 4.3: Hotfix #18 2/28/2018

WARLOCK
    * Lingering Torment will no longer be overwritten by another player’s version of the debuff.

I am relatively sure that it worked after the Hotfix and the Lingering Torment debuffs didn't overwrite each other, possibly it was broken again with further changes.

Probably a simple fix for Icarus if he should read this, because he has already dealt with the topic.

Champion

Would be nice to rework it so that it acts more like blazing light or galvanic strike i.e. a buff on you that lasts even if you swap targets.

Actually maybe blazing light is the answer as far as copying and pasting code from there i.e. dot the target or put stacks on the target and simultaneously buff yourself (blazing light does this by giving you a dodge effect).

Sword of Telara

The easiest way would be to copy the Legendary Piercing Beam ability both skills require 11 points and have a similar function.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast