+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Is Lingering Torment overwritten by another mage ?

Ascendant

I strangely (or stupidly) had 4 dps mages in raid last night and I shotgunned Warlock and made sure no one else went it, including the archon variant. So yeah it still is a problem.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

The day after that hotfix came out, I found in raid and several other locations that this was not the case. The debuff is still being overwritten.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Redawn View Post
    The day after that hotfix came out, I found in raid and several other locations that this was not the case. The debuff is still being overwritten.
    I thought I tested it after the hotfix but I'm not really sure. Because I'm the only Mage in our raid, I never really noticed that either.

When I think about it, it's crazy. After 5 Hotfixes it still doesn't work!

Hotfixes:
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    This ability may unfortunately have to be redesigned. The issue is how abilities that proc off of an NPC's abilities work in our game. It is not an easy solution as we would have to go through every NPC ability in the game and change them to work with any ability set up like Neddra's Grasp (an extremely non-trivial task).
    As for when the redesign can happen, I can't give you a timeline. I might be able to look at it sometime after Prime launches.
    @Icarus
    The Prime Server keeps you busy but can you find the time to fix the bug that Lingering Torment will be overwritten by another player’s version of the debuff? This bug destroys all the diversity within the mage souls as soon as there is more than one mage in the raid.

I regularly pug raids so i always have the chance to test these things. The other situation is that my guild has 10 mages and we always bring 4 of them to raid with us.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Redawn View Post
    I regularly pug raids so i always have the chance to test these things. The other situation is that my guild has 10 mages and we always bring 4 of them to raid with us.
    you can imagine how much I hate the role of the archon as the only mage ^^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2