+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Soul Tree Question

Champion

Default Soul Tree Question

I just returned to the game and started to build a mage. It's the abilities/spells that are part of the Gravelord design.

I already have a level 57 mage on another server with this setup and I like it and am comfortable with the rotation and everything.

Looking at the Soul Tree to start distributing my points, I found a lot of the little squares that my other mage has points in, that say Not Recommended for You Purpose.

Can I just disregard that, and put the points in them anyway? I mean it won't prevent me from using those abilities/spells I hope? Because if it does, that would change the entire setup as far as spells/abilities and rotation is concerned.

Thanks.

You can do what you want, it will just stop holding your hand as much.

Confused me when I first started as well. If you open one of your other roles or reset your points it automatically opens a preset option screen. Just hit close in the bottom right and select whatever you want. When you first start it makes you select a preset and guides you into what to select.
    Last edited by Poshy; 01-31-2018 at 10:37 PM.
    RIP boiled water, you will be mist

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor7 View Post
    I just returned to the game and started to build a mage. It's the abilities/spells that are part of the Gravelord design.

Looking at the Soul Tree to start distributing my points, I found a lot of the little squares that my other mage has points in, that say Not Recommended for You Purpose.

Thanks.
    It is more likely that it is "Not Recommended for Your Purpose at this time". As you level up with the preset, it recommends spending the one or two points along the way in a particular order. Ultimately those little squares currently on your level 57 mage will show up on the new one too. It's just not the next point the preset has lined up.

You can always go your own way. However, once you move off the path laid out by the preset, you can't get back on. You pick all the points from there on out. Which really isn't a bad thing.

Enjoy!!!

Champion

Thanks all, appreciate it.

Kinda funny, I have 8 mage souls and still prefer the Gravelord spec grinding and soloing in Vostigar. Haven't met a rare I couldn't take down. Dilly, Dilly.
    Last edited by Sarasyn; 02-13-2018 at 07:48 AM.
    Just, comfortably numb....

+ Reply to Thread