+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lunalu
  • 1 Post By notawaifu

Thread: Frostkeeper is very un-frosty

Default Frostkeeper is very un-frosty

I was super pumped to purchase this soul but pretty disappointed to find the name not very fitting at all. The spells and abilities seem way more life/nature magic than anything to do with frost. I was expecting the sounds and spell visual effects to derive from a cold and wintery origin. While there are a few, I feel like a good portion of my spells belong on a Chloromancer tree. The play style is fun, I will give you that, I just think the development team could have done a better job in delivering a soul more deserving of the name "Frostkeeper".
    ~Forged by the crow-mage from shards of darkness~
    ~Honed by the half-breed to vorpal sharpness~

Looking at the tree I count it as:
    19 Frost
    17 Earth (Crystals)
    5 Arcane

So it's almost half Frost I guess.

I feel it's a just a poor situation of Trion wanting to give Mages a shielding soul, and 'Frost' be an obvious direction to go. But then you realise Mage already has a couple souls with heavy frost themes. So they steer it into an earth/life direction.

Should've just went all in on Crystals, Gemstones, and pure Arcana.

"The word crystal derives from the Ancient Greek word κρύσταλλος (krustallos), meaning both "ice" and "rock crystal", from κρύος (kruos), "icy cold, frost"."

Kruoskeeper
    Would I be giving too much credit to say the fact that the soul is crystals and ice and called Frost is on purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    Should've just went all in on Crystals, Gemstones, and pure Arcana.

"The word crystal derives from the Ancient Greek word κρύσταλλος (krustallos), meaning both "ice" and "rock crystal", from κρύος (kruos), "icy cold, frost"."

Kruoskeeper
    Would I be giving too much credit to say the fact that the soul is crystals and ice and called Frost is on purpose?
    This is awesome, and made my morning.

+ Reply to Thread