+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Character builds

Soulwalker

Default Character builds

So I have a couple of mage characters that I made a few years ago and now that I have better internet, I'm getting back on a looking at things, and it seems like there's been changes.

I'm not finding any helpful guides on my google searches. I don't understand how you can choose what types of mage you can be in your soul tree after you get a character created.

Like how did I make my first mage a warlock (stormcaller and necromancer) and my second mage an elementalist (dominator and stormcaller)?

I just went thru the process of making new mage characters and clicked on each of the four available categories of mage.....
    Nexus Magus gave me Elementalist (pyromancer *instead of dominator with my original second mage* and stormcaller)
    Flamecaller gave me Pyromancer (stormcaller and elementalist)
    Gravelord gave me necromancer (elementalist and pyromancer)
    Terramancer gave me archon (pyromancer and stormcaller)

I'm done messing around with making new characters, so does each type of mage that you choose at character creation give you the main soul and the other two souls along with it are random, or are the other two souls set at character creation and you can change them to something different later?
    If you can change the other two souls later, how do you do that? (I'm on my first original creation who is level 21 and I'm not sure how you could go about changing things. On the character list she's labeled as a mage and her main soul is warlock, so how did I make a warlock years ago and now when I chose one each of nexus magus, flamecaller, gravelord and terramancer, none of them have anything to do with warlock).

Plane Touched

Press N then press the souls icon where the tree starts. You can swap souls around. And at the bottom says "buy new role slot" or something along the lines of that. Buy a new role slot. Then you can decide what souls to slot into the 3 trees. Once points are spent you can't change the trees, you'll have to reset the trees to change souls again.

In regards to a nexus magus. Those are presets Trion has made for you, so you don't have to understand how the soul works. You just press buttons. They didn't have presets years ago.

You can use the following link for mage guides. Harbs good for leveling.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1338370154
    Last edited by Mrwidoes; 01-20-2018 at 07:47 AM.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Sword of Telara

Soulwalker

Ok thank you. I'll look into it.

Soulwalker

Default Mystic Archer

So how do I gain access to the mystic archer soul? I'm looking at one of my characters and clicking on the icon for a soul that I currently have, where it brings up a list of the other available souls and mystic archer is not in the list, even though I suppose I'm all updated, since my glyph launcher shows the Crucia's Claw graphics.

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by swansoda View Post
    So how do I gain access to the mystic archer soul? I'm looking at one of my characters and clicking on the icon for a soul that I currently have, where it brings up a list of the other available souls and mystic archer is not in the list, even though I suppose I'm all updated, since my glyph launcher shows the Crucia's Claw graphics.
    Have you bought it? Mystic archer is a paid soul.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Soulwalker

Oh, no, I did not know it was a paid for soul. Like you pay for it thru the NPC for your class? I haven't done anything with that yet because I have very little in game currency (and I don't see a lot of information about stuff on this website).

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by swansoda View Post
    Oh, no, I did not know it was a paid for soul. Like you pay for it thru the NPC for your class? I haven't done anything with that yet because I have very little in game currency (and I don't see a lot of information about stuff on this website).
    No, you buy Mystic Archer with real life money. If you go into the Rift Store, DLC, it should come up if you scroll down to the souls section.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Soulwalker

Ah, ok thanks.... All I see on the rift store are packs, and I see harbinger in the list of what you get in specific pack.
    Last edited by swansoda; 01-25-2018 at 04:18 AM.

Soulwalker

Hmm, and some how I have this soul. I see it on my level 21 and level 11, but not a new level 1. So ok cool, now I have to figure out what other two souls to pair with it.

+ Reply to Thread