+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rutte

Thread: How best to Chon in IRotP?

Rift Disciple

Default How best to Chon in IRotP?

I'm giving up my DPS role of 7-800K to chon for the team, and do maybe 300K (team does about 3.5-3.7m DPS total). OK, so you can see I'm already upset, but I understand the necessity of it. Now, how do I do it best? First boss, Eareandorn: Raid wide buffs, Point-to-point, Flaring Power/Lava Field for the big volcano --- very little dps since I get the "don't do anything debuff" pretty much constantly. Second boss, Beruhast: I can switch to DPS, any work for the Chon?. Third boss, Silgen: buffs, lava/flaring at a point where I know we won't be wiping too quickly, then spam purification and if time, do some dps. Last boss, Priest (haven't gotten this far as chon), no idea about cleanse or purge required: so time to decide whether lava/flaring power buff offset the loss of the 500-600K DPS (800+ minus 300+/-).
    Last edited by phayse; 01-12-2018 at 08:44 AM.

Plane Walker

Last boss has no cleanse or purge. I would use flaring / lava for the little bird add phase.

Rift Disciple

I've been running Chon for our Raid for a while and this is how I run IRotP.

1. Always keep your Raid buffs up. This is what's making up the difference for your DPS loss while you are running Chon.

First Boss: I set off Lava for the First Volcano and then flaring for the Second
    Second and third Boss: I set off Lava and Flaring as they become available
    Final Boss: I wait until the group of birds spawn to set off Lava and Flaring. This helps burn them down as fast as possible. Then when Lava and Flaring become available again I set them off as we come out of a hide phase.

I hope this helps.

I also often run an archon version during IRotP. I understand that you are upset. I love playing fast caster with movement. I lament the loss of a useful Stormcaller. I grumble that Warlock just can't quite keep up DPS-wise. As for chon, my best advice is this... POUT.

Yup, I'm the original Pout-i-chon. In fact, I should go trademark that.

All the advice from the others is very useful. And while personally your numbers are not so great - try a run without a chon at all, look at raid-wide DPS and compare it to when there IS an archon. You can take credit for that extra 900K or so. In the end, what really counts is one Boss killed, lootz received, and achievements earned.
    Last edited by SonoMoenia; 01-12-2018 at 09:34 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SonoMoenia View Post
    You can take credit for that extra 900K or so.
    Yep, I remember running Chon in a Raid and one of the DPSers was bragging about how great their numbers were. I whispered to the Raid lead "Should I say anything about me being the cause of their great numbers? "

So, yeah I enjoy playing Chon. My DPS may not be great but I take credit for the great DPS that everyone else is doing

On a side note, there is also a decent Chloro-Chon build that puts out some good heals. I've run it a couple of times when we just had to have a little more healing but didn't want to sacrifice another DPSer.

Rift Disciple

Wow, guys!!! This all is great for me to read ... as much for the advice as for the encouragement. And yes, I will let everyone know I'm doing it under duress for their benefit. Can one of you equate what DPS should be expected from a Chon when compared to a pyro that can do 800K? I have the chloroharb build as well, but since we have a chloro healer, I don't want to conflict with his heals.

Plane Touched

You can use this
    Last edited by Mrwidoes; 01-14-2018 at 10:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread