+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mage Tanking builds?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    It doesn't stack with other classes damage reduction from stewardship. So no point in using it. Unless you have a healer that isnt providing it.
    ahh, I see, now it makes sense

Soulwalker

Hi,
    sorry for outing me as a mage noob but I'm trying to make sense of the last conversation in here. I seem to be missing some fundamental understanding since I can't make anything out of your last posts.
    1. I don't understand what you mean by "other classes damage reduction from stewardship"
    - I always thought that since Frostkeeper's Armor is a selfbuff that Stewardship automatically only applies to the ST heals from the mage who is using it.
    2. How are other classes involved there and what exactly does not stack?
    - I can't figure that out bc of nr 1 blocking my thoughtprocess. It sounds like you're saying that all ST heals in the encounter are triggering the FK armor.
    3. There is no point in using what exactly?
    - At this point I'm just guessing you were talking about Frost Barrier tbh, since that would also explain the "unless you have a healer that isn't providing it".

Again, really sorry for the noobishness but I'd really appreciate it if you would take the time to explain it to me in more detail.
    Thank you

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sorci View Post
    Hi,
    sorry for outing me as a mage noob but I'm trying to make sense of the last conversation in here. I seem to be missing some fundamental understanding since I can't make anything out of your last posts.
    1. I don't understand what you mean by "other classes damage reduction from stewardship"
    - I always thought that since Frostkeeper's Armor is a selfbuff that Stewardship automatically only applies to the ST heals from the mage who is using it.
    2. How are other classes involved there and what exactly does not stack?
    - I can't figure that out bc of nr 1 blocking my thoughtprocess. It sounds like you're saying that all ST heals in the encounter are triggering the FK armor.
    3. There is no point in using what exactly?
    - At this point I'm just guessing you were talking about Frost Barrier tbh, since that would also explain the "unless you have a healer that isn't providing it".

Again, really sorry for the noobishness but I'd really appreciate it if you would take the time to explain it to me in more detail.
    Thank you
    I believe each st healing soul that provides shielding/MIT has a similar ability like stewardship. Legendary maintenance therapy from roues. Don't know puri/sent or warchanter or farseer one. However, this damage reduction doesn't stack with the same buff that the other classes have. So for instance on commander if you get a 61 Phys healing you won't get get stewardship+legendary maintenance therapy damage reduction. You will only get one.

As for what's useless is you sending points into stewardship as tank. It's a waste. You can have multiple frostbarriers on the same person. The shielding affect won't stack but the health boost will.
    Last edited by Mrwidoes; 01-27-2018 at 02:12 PM.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Soulwalker

All makes sense now. Thank you very much for that explanation!
    (I just didn't think about the possibility that other ST healers may have similar abilities, thought this was something exclusive to FK, hence my utter inability to understand what you meant)

Keep up the great work in finding/explaining/perfecting mage builds, really appreciated

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2