+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One Button Spec Advice?

Telaran

Default One Button Spec Advice?

Just got back into RIFT recently and I've been playing around with a one-button Mage spec. My guy's only up to Level 40 ATM. The spec seems to do okay in Intrepid Adventures (usually Top 3 damage). But I'm inexperienced, and I'm sure it could use a lot of tweaking. So, any advice is appreciated...

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#hkAUMal98E/ih8q/F

One-Button Macro:

#show Crystalline Missiles
    petattack
    cast Rushing Elements
    cast Intensify Elements
    cast Internalize Charge
    cast Countdown
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Stormbolt
    cast Radiant Spores
    cast Volcanic Eruption
    cast Crystalline Missiles
    suppressmacrofailures
    Last edited by Yozbick; 01-11-2018 at 10:42 AM.

Plane Walker

Do you have the Harbinger soul?

Try this if you have no harbinger soul:
    40 Pyromancer, 12 Stormcaller, 1 Elementalist

Have Pyromancer's Armor active before you do damage.
    Keep Internalize Charge active on yourself, so when you consume the last stack press it again.
    When Cinder Burst become instant use it.
    For Heat Wave use it whenever you want to deal a lot of damage to an enemy while your standing in one spot.

#show Flame Bolt
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Inferno
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Countdown
    cast Fireball
    cast Thunder Shock
    cast Burning Shield

#show Heat Wave
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Heat Wave
    cast Inferno
    cast Fireball
    cast Thunder Shock
    cast Burning Shield

For AoE damage use Firestorm:
    #show Fire Storm
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @gtae Fire Storm
    cast Fire Storm

usefull abilities:
    Flicker (teleport and removes all crowd control effects)
    Burning Bonds (root)
    Ride the Wind (movement speed)
    Scorch (Interrupt and Stun)

Full Guide: Leveling as a Damage Dealer

Telaran

I do have Harbinger, but I will try that in the meantime.

Telaran

Out of curiosity, why not include Internalize Charge in the macro? And why not toss in Cinder Burst? Is it because it requires the caster to stand still?

It seems to me after some light testing that Pyromancer's Blessing basically makes Cinder Burst an insta-cast spell after a few seconds. Blessing appears to consistently proc before the Cinder Burst CD finishes. I've only tried it on the practice dummies though (Normal and Elite).

I wasn't able to get really good DPS out of the spec at first, but I was able to use this macro a bit more easily to get more out of it.

#show Fireball
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Heat Wave
    cast Internalize Charge
    cast Inferno
    cast Cinder Burst
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Countdown
    cast Fireball

Also, any reason not to include the combat buffs in the AOE macro?
    Last edited by Yozbick; 01-11-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Yozbick View Post
    Out of curiosity, why not include Internalize Charge in the macro? And why not toss in Cinder Burst? Is it because it requires the caster to stand still?

It seems to me after some light testing that Pyromancer's Blessing basically makes Cinder Burst an insta-cast spell after a few seconds. Blessing appears to consistently proc before the Cinder Burst CD finishes. I've only tried it on the practice dummies though (Normal and Elite).

I wasn't able to get really good DPS out of the spec at first, but I was able to use this macro a bit more easily to get more out of it.

#show Fireball
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Heat Wave
    cast Internalize Charge
    cast Inferno
    cast Cinder Burst
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Countdown
    cast Fireball

Also, any reason not to include the combat buffs in the AOE macro?

Cinder Burst
    has 6 seconds cast time so it's not a good idea to have that in the macro. Use Cinder Burst only if you have a proc so you can use it without cast time.

Internalize Charge consumes your charge and has a 3 sec cooldown. If you use it in the macro you consume all your charge without need. At the moment this is not a problem but later you will need the charge for other abilities like Fulminate

Your Firestorm is a 8 s channel. I f you use another instant ability in the macro this ability will unintentionally terminate your channel.

If you want, you can use Heat Wave in the spam macro but for more control I do not recommend this. It is best to use the Heatwave macro. During Heat Wave, your Fireballs benefit from the shortened casting time. The goal is to use as many Fireballs and Cinder Burst Proc's as possible during the Heat Wave but this is not possible with Countdown and Flame Bolt in your macro.

May I ask why you are so fixated on a one button spec, doesn't something like that destroy the fun in the game?

For Leveling i recommend you to stick with a soul and read through skills and abilities and do the best you can, you will learn something about the soul you play and it should be enough to level up.

Plane Walker

For Harbinger check this guide:
    Leveling as a Harbinger

The advantage of Harbinger is the good self-healing and good damage, probably up to level 70 the best mage soul.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    May I ask why you are so fixated on a one button spec, doesn't something like that destroy the fun in the game?
    I find one-button to be pretty enjoyable for Instant Adventures. In general without macros I find that I often forget to cast combat buffs or I cast them inefficiently. When they are in one-button or two-button macros, I make fewer mistakes. I'm sure I'd be out DPSed by anyone who actually knew what they were doing, but I doubt I will be doing a lot of heavy duty raiding in Rift (like I did in WOW/DAOC/EQ, for example).
    Last edited by Yozbick; 01-11-2018 at 05:19 PM.

Telaran

So far, so good, BTW. Level 43, just doing Intrepids. I pretty much end at #1 damage every time (certainly on boss fights). The marco is...

#show Fireball
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Heat Wave
    cast Internalize Charge
    cast Inferno
    cast Flame Volley
    cast Cinder Burst
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Countdown
    cast Fireball

Plane Walker

If you enjoy the pyro and with increasing level you should read Heartbeat's Learning Pyromancer guide and with level 70 you should read notawaifu's pyromancer guide.

Here's a playlist of some video guides ive made. Some of them have 1 button specs/setups ive linked in the description and maybe useful/helpful.

Video guide Playlist

+ Reply to Thread