+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nexus Magus Questions

Soulwalker

Default Nexus Magus Questions

Hello all,

New to the class and even after reading tooltips, I still have a few questions that I'm hoping someone will answer please. (I'm currently level 12)

1. Crystalline Missiles refers to Cycle of Elements buffs. Is this something I'm going to get at X level? Right now it just seems like a single damage shot with no benefits.

2. Raging Storm and Forked Lightening applies a stack of Electrified on the mage. I also see the icon under my health bar. I'm assuming this is something that will come into effect later? X stacks of Electrified then cast a spell that does more damage per stack?

3. I also have an icon for Conductive Medium. What does it to?

4. Lastly, at this low level I would appreciate some simple rotation advice. Right now I'm pulling with Crystalline Missles, then hitting Ignite and Flame Bolt on the way in. If they're still alive I cook them with Raging Storm.

Thank you all for your help in understanding this class. I find it confusing from the start compared to other classes.

Plane Touched

1. You need 25 points into Ele in order to get Cycle of Elements
    Every 10 seconds you will advance to a new element. Cycle of Elements increases the damage of the appropriate element by 5%. Additionally, the Cycles modify your Crystalline Missiles ability.

2. Electrified are just stacks you gain from using various abilities. You get to use them later on in the tree.
    Electrifeid consuming abilities reduce the cooldown of all Stormcaller area of effect abilities by 1s for each stack of Electrified consumed.

3. Conductive Medium, you get this roughly 16-20 points into the soul.
    Casting a charge consuming ability applies a stack of Conductive Medium to you increasing your damage by 1% per stack. Max 3 stacks. Lasts 15s. While out of combat, you gain a stack of Conductive Medium every 4s.

4. There is no real rotation at that level. You can literally use all the abilities you have and do fine. However, once you start getting to higher levels you'll soon realize that you have no self-healing in that spec. All 3 souls you are using are damage dealing souls with no self-heals. However, you can use the tanking pet from Ele, but it does not hold aggro. So you will still be getting hit and may die. If you really want to play this spec you can, you'll just have to make sure you kill them before they kill you, then you may have to drink something after every fight.

I'd recommend, either Harb, Lock or Mystic Archer for leveling. If you do not have Harb or Mystic Archer I recommend Lock. You can always go into Chloro a little in order to get Lifegiving Veil for self/party healing. Personally, I'd go with Pyro + Chloro + Ele. Ele gives you a pet, pyro gives you the damage, and chloro gives healing. Or Pyro, warlock, ele. Warlock gives some self-healing abilities too.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    1. You need 25 points into Ele in order to get Cycle of Elements
    Every 10 seconds you will advance to a new element. Cycle of Elements increases the damage of the appropriate element by 5%. Additionally, the Cycles modify your Crystalline Missiles ability.

2. Electrified are just stacks you gain from using various abilities. You get to use them later on in the tree.
    Electrifeid consuming abilities reduce the cooldown of all Stormcaller area of effect abilities by 1s for each stack of Electrified consumed.

3. Conductive Medium, you get this roughly 16-20 points into the soul.
    Casting a charge consuming ability applies a stack of Conductive Medium to you increasing your damage by 1% per stack. Max 3 stacks. Lasts 15s. While out of combat, you gain a stack of Conductive Medium every 4s.

4. There is no real rotation at that level. You can literally use all the abilities you have and do fine. However, once you start getting to higher levels you'll soon realize that you have no self-healing in that spec. All 3 souls you are using are damage dealing souls with no self-heals. However, you can use the tanking pet from Ele, but it does not hold aggro. So you will still be getting hit and may die. If you really want to play this spec you can, you'll just have to make sure you kill them before they kill you, then you may have to drink something after every fight.

I'd recommend, either Harb, Lock or Mystic Archer for leveling. If you do not have Harb or Mystic Archer I recommend Lock. You can always go into Chloro a little in order to get Lifegiving Veil for self/party healing. Personally, I'd go with Pyro + Chloro + Ele. Ele gives you a pet, pyro gives you the damage, and chloro gives healing. Or Pyro, warlock, ele. Warlock gives some self-healing abilities too.
    Thank you for your response. This is very helpful. Seems that stuff opens up over time that changes the play style, but they show you too early.

Harbinger didn't interest me because it's a melee spec. I chose Nexus Magus (elementalist) because it's a ranged class. Maybe I'll mix Ele with something else for the heals.

Thanks again!

+ Reply to Thread