+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bobtheskull

Thread: What else does an Archon do?

Rift Disciple

Default What else does an Archon do?

As an emergency support, I am asked to do two things as an Archon. 1) buff raid and put down Lava Field and Flaring Power at critical times. 2) debuff lady boss in minis. In between that, I put out as much DPS as possible (which is feeble.) There's got to be more. When do I cleanse specific raid members; how do I see what needs to be done? Is it just spamming? Is there an addon or raidframes. Is there something else that makes me more effective.

Plane Touched

al those things are situational based on what ever boss you are fighting at the time

its important for the chon (or any support class really) to know the fights inside and out so you know what to do and when, if you have questions ask your raid leader

personally I feel the mass cleanse is slow (with cast time) and a limited range so unless you need to spam multiple cleanses its best left to raid healers

also there is a really nice 61 archon spec with chloromancer for putting out raid heals in addition to support, a small dps loss for a large healing gain

Rift Disciple

When you compare Archon DPS to other supports, it's actually quite a bit higher than Oracle, Beastmaster, and Bard.

We'll leave mistic out since primalist is DPS is just off the charts good ATM.

But calling Archon dps feeble isn't quite accurate. Overall it's probably the best support at the moment.

I'll also second Bobtheskull, it's really about knowing the fights, and Chlorochon is a very good support/heal if your eternal weapon is in its end stages.

Rift Disciple

thanks, guys ... could you link Archon/Chloro build? I can't seem to find it
    Last edited by phayse; 12-07-2017 at 01:27 PM.

I'm not sure if there is a definite best build, but I found a pretty decent one. Remember, with all builds there are multiple "rights", so have fun, test it out, and tweak as you need it!

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ke-cleric.html

Plane Touched

for raiding 61 archon/15 chloro/0warlock or dominator

bear in mind that healing will be greatly depend on how far you have upgraded your eternal weapon

try googling "rift 4.3 pve mage dd bis and loot" and you should find spreadsheet with varous mage builds
    Last edited by Bobtheskull; 12-08-2017 at 10:37 PM.

Shadowlander

sorry in advanced , english is not my first language and sorry for if i get a bit too deep

agree on you have to know the fight and depends on which boss you fight ,

but also your variation of specs you have catering to different fights.

chloro-chon for example , there are variants of the spec (talking with the remaining 15 points since you have to 61 archon nowadays)

15 chloro - wider heal radius
    11 chloro / 4 ele - great for st dps, able to do 5-600k+ if you have the gear to support
    9 chloro / 6 stormcaller - 10% sp + living storm(which procs healing) , better for fights with constant adds

and as others mentioned above , chlorochon is kinda need your eternal weapon to boost your veil healing, along with using diviner crystal , or you are likely to have a difficult time providing enough healing output for your group as a chloro-chon should.

As for the non-healing type of chon , its similar to what you mentioned , doing the following four points while dealing a decent amount of dmg:

1 - keep up the debuffs on your main target(ie. boss)
    - ashen defense + crumbling resistance + illuminate
    - monitor lingering dust timer on yourself
    - monitor the timer on your 4 auras( since the timer is gone/glitched/wont be fixed soon , use
    your ashen/crumbling as indicator of remaining timer or use addons to aid)

2 - maintain your 5 raid support buffs
    - volcanic + earthen mainly
    - granite salvo buff(ignore this if you have a bard-mixed heal in group)
    - spark and surging

3 - provide fp/lf in the correct timing
    - means learn to know how to fire off fp/lf in the correct time in your opener to maximize your group's dps , and follow your raid lead's assignment of specific time

4 - back up for st/ae cleanse/purge

As for the dps part , it gets a little bit tricky. non-healing type of chon (i will just refer it to dps chon) also has different variants of spec which some of the specs you might have to monitor quite a number of things in order to maximize your own dps (again only talking with the remaining 15 points), but the most i have seen are the following two:

- 11 pyro / 4 ele , i know the list says otherwise but its current my highest chon variant doing 7-800k+
    - 15 pyro / 0 arbiter , for L.galvanic strike

in addition , its not just the spec points make different variants but also the way you play it , takes 11 pyro / 4 ele as example , if you are trying to provide decent amount of dps as chon, you have to monitor the following buffs:

- L.elemental forces (LEF, from ele soul)
    - eternal stacks (if you have the weapon)
    - L.internalize charge (LIC, from pyro soul)
    - earth and fire bulwark stacks (from archon's mage armour, plz check tooltip for detail)

which means , you will have to alternating fireball/granite salvo due to bulwark stacks consumption by your 4 raid supp spells (volc/earthen/spark/surging) as well as your LEF.

each time you fire one single prim bolt , you will gain 3 stacks of according element bulwark , so one fireball 3 fire stacks , one granite salvo 3 earth stacks , and the following will consume:

LEF - 1 earth AND fire stack each time you use it
    volcanic bomb - 1 earth AND fire
    earthen barrage - 1 earth
    surging flare - 1 fire
    spark shower - 1 fire

as well as buffing those spells with your eternal stacks by firing primary bolts before using those spells and make sure those spells have LIC stacks to further boosting the dmg which could lead to a headache if you are not familiar with the spec.

But you can also cutting some of the prioritization and alternating all those fancy stuff above to make it easier , for example takes away the fire-related part and just spam granite salvo along with the raid supp spells and debuffs and ignoring the bulwark mechanics but ofc it will have a major set back for your dps.

Long story short , skipping other details :
    - depends on if you want to do best as a support spec and support your group in every way
    possible, or if you are new to archon then i will suggest to focus on doing those 4 points
    mentioned first , and worry about your dmg output afterwards once you are comfortable maintaining buffs/debuffs
    for your group without issues.

thx for your time
    Last edited by Cileriqao; 12-10-2017 at 03:14 PM.
    I have just achieved a sense of pride and accomplishment from not buying patron anymore

Plane Walker

I am currently achieving the highest DPS values with 61 Archon/11 Warlock/4 Ele.
    For bosses with group damage 61 Archon/10 Dominator/5 Ele works very well, you can boost Voltaic Feedback with a eternal weapon stack and Archon's Bullwark (Air).

But most of the time I play 61 Archon/15 Chloro/0 Warlock as a full-fledged group healer.

Shadowlander

11 lock is pretty good since the dot is automatically triggering LEF , but LNG doesnt work on every boss , plus you need the boss to throw something to trigger lingering. those time gaps are butthurt.
    I have just achieved a sense of pride and accomplishment from not buying patron anymore

+ Reply to Thread