+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lvl 70 Mage needs help

Soulwalker

Default Lvl 70 Mage needs help

Lvl 70 Mage needs help

I am just about to go into Vostigar Peaks and I am fed up with the lack of dps on my current 54 harb/16 chloro/6 storm mage (around 120k), and wondered if anyone can help suggest a better setup for a solo player. I have looked on the guides, but the guides that are current seem to be aimed at people with raid gear and an eternal weapon.

My gear is crafted blues with the chondritic hood and I'm onto the 4th part of the eternal weapon quest, below are my main stats.

Health – 217662 / Armour 133681 / Mana – 1700 / Intelligence – 17578 / Wisdom – 12759 / Endurance 12219 / Spell power - 37806 / Spell Crit - 16993 / Hit - 2100

I have tried the 61 pyro/11 harb/4 ele setup, and although the dps is better, the survivability is awful.

So if someone can suggest a better setup that is easy to play with decent dps and survivabilty I would really appreciate it.

If u want dps with harb/chloro, do not use chloro’s veils. Says on the tool tip cuts dps. That should increase your dps without changing your build

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Daenaira View Post
    If u want dps with harb/chloro, do not use chloro’s veils. Says on the tool tip cuts dps. That should increase your dps without changing your build
    Viel reduces damage, yes, but it can be used for survivability turn it on when health gets low and use Legendary Bloom, or if there are enough mobs, use lucent slash once or twice, then turn it off once you're topped off.

Here's what I used as my solo spec.
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...y/Fgk/W8o|Pf_w

You can take Healing Expertise as your Level 62 mastery if you want. However, Rejuvenating Presence spreads blazing light to 5 enemies, so it's nice with multiple enemies.

Buffs:
    Eldritch Armor
    Reapers Blade
    Luminous Weapon
    Aqueous Blessing
    Lifegiving Veil (Turn on when you need healing, turn off when it's not needed)

Spam Macro:
    #show Vorpal Slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    stopcasting
    cast [notactive] Charged Blade
    cast Vorpal Slash
    cast Storm's Fury
    cast Rending Slash
    cast Glacial Spike
    cast @self Arcane Manipulation
    cast Vengeful Shock
    cast Conditioned Response
    cast Introspection

Eldritch Armor Proc:
    #show Vile Spores
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @self Legendary Bloom
    cast Vile Spores

AOE Macro:
    #show Lucent Slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast jolting wave
    cast Lucent Slash
    stopcasting

When engaging in combat:
    1. Arcane Manipulation (Before you hit enemy)
    2. Planar Shield (Before you hit enemy)
    3. Blade Rush
    4. Piercing Beam
    5. Galvanic Strike
    6. Rending Slash
    7. Empyrean Ascension
    8. Tempest Winds
    9. Spam Macro
    10. Use Proc macro when you have an Eldritch gift available.

When two enemies:
    1. Use Blade Mark on one enemy and attack the other
    2. Repeat same rotation from above

Aoe:
    1. Use Blazing light on an enemy
    2. Spam aoe macro.

You can use [Storm Shroud] to drop aggro.
    You can use [Essence of Wind] to run away.
    You can use [Radiant Spores] + [Withering Vine] for more healing.
    You can use [Planar Retreat] to also run away.
    You can use [Bloom] to heal yourself even without legendary.
    You can use [Phantom Blades] to increase your melee range.
    You can use [Disabling Shock] to stun an enemy for 5s.
    You can use [Distraction Slash] to interrupt an enemy.
    You can use [Glaring Fetters] to snare an enemy.
    Last edited by Mrwidoes; 10-29-2017 at 03:20 PM.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    Here's what I used as my solo spec.
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...y/Fgk/W8o|Pf_w
    Is there a reason why you have 2 points in Healing Slipstream instead of 3 points in Natures Corrosion?

Quote Originally Posted by Traxxen View Post
    Lvl 70 Mage needs help

I am just about to go into Vostigar Peaks and I am fed up with the lack of dps on my current 54 harb/16 chloro/6 storm mage (around 120k), and wondered if anyone can help suggest a better setup for a solo player. I have looked on the guides, but the guides that are current seem to be aimed at people with raid gear and an eternal weapon.
    I recommend 61Harb/9 Chloro/6 Arbiter

This is probably the most commonly played Harbinger spec and offers very good damage and self-healing.

A few tips:
    If you need healing use Lifegiving Veil and with a /cancelbuff Lifegiving Veil macro switch it off if you don't need healing.
    If you have problems with the self-heal take Conditioned Response out of the spam macro and use it manually if you really need healing.
    The gameplay is the same as described by Mrwidoes.
    If you fight several mobs at the same time and you need healing just spam Lucent Slash with Luminous Weapon , Charge Blade and Lifegiving Veil and use the proc macro if a proc (Eldritch Gift) is available.

More guides:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...dps-guide.html
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1338370154

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Is there a reason why you have 2 points in Healing Slipstream instead of 3 points in Natures Corrusion?

I recommend 61Harb/9 Chloro/6 Arbiter

This is probably the most commonly played Harbinger spec and offers very good damage and self-healing.

A few tips:
    If you need healing use Lifegiving Veil and with a /cancelbuff Lifegiving Veil macro switch it off if you don't need healing.
    If you have problems with the self-heal take Conditioned Response out of the spam macro and use it manually if you really need healing.
    The gameplay is the same as described by Mrwidoes.

More guides:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...dps-guide.html
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1338370154
    Eldritch gift completely slipped my mind lol. Even though I talked about it. Go with bamuls by the way, it's better.

Soulwalker

Default Thanks all

Thanks for replying - I appreciate it as I was going to stop playing the mage. I didn't have the Arbiter soul, but I had enough credits to purchase it, so I will go with Bamul's suggestions, and will let you know how I get on!

Shield of Telara

Thanks for replying - I appreciate it as I was going to stop playing the mage. I didn't have the Arbiter soul, but I had enough credits to purchase it, so I will go with Bamul's suggestions, and will let you know how I get on!
    I think 61 Harb/9 Chloro/6 Stormcaler also works or Frostkeeper instead of Stormcaller if you have the soul.

Soulwalker

Thumbs up Thanks again

I set up as suggested and trialed against the dummies just to get a hang of the rotation then went into the Tenebrean Schism and tried against the Elites there - what a difference! With EA on cooldown it was about 200k, and the max I got was 421k!
    I did find that when taking on the Pit Lords, the moment I cast Storm Shroud they immediately reset back to full health and rushed back to their original position.

Plane Touched

I set up as suggested and trialed against the dummies just to get a hang of the rotation then went into the Tenebrean Schism and tried against the Elites there - what a difference! With EA on cooldown it was about 200k, and the max I got was 421k!
    I did find that when taking on the Pit Lords, the moment I cast Storm Shroud they immediately reset back to full health and rushed back to their original position.
    Storm shroud is an stealth ability. It'll drop aggro if used.

+ Reply to Thread