+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Mage souls, stats, frags...

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    30

    Default Mage souls, stats, frags...

    In advance I would like to apologize for any brainfarts. I am enjoying a particulary nasty day in nicotine withdrawals, and my brain refuses to work. (which is probably a big reason for my numbers...)

    But:
    Souls: the offensive souls.. granted, i have only tested quickly and without skill 2 play the soul, but only souls i can pull any kind of dps are Warlock and Harbringer. with warlock dps is low due to no skill, but still 200k ish, and with harb i can get close to 400k (yes crap gear), but stuff like Stormcaller, necro, elementalist... I sit usually around 100k. (stormcaller i was 50k st dps, and while its not a st soul, 50k... is not even funny). While rotations and such are probably utter garbage in my tests, im pretty sure i should still be getting a bit more close-to-lock/harb-soul numbers. Even with lock im just rolling my face on the keyboard and still get those numbers. pretty much the same with harb.

    Stats: I read from Mage 4.2 DD BIS thingy that my spell crit should be (raidbuffed) 42.2k and crit power self buffed 8.5k. Now i can see myself getting CP to those numbers, but spell crit... no frigging way. Maybe if i forget about all the rest and go full on SC on essences and frags i might get there.. but then no CP I imagine. Currently im at 18-20k spell crit, and while im sure raidbuffs give a decent amount, the part that would still be missing is.. alot.
    I know i will be getting decent amount of INT from all the essences and gear i still need to replace and upgrade, but still, currently at 21k INT which is 10.5k SC, I dont see the numbers rising THAT much for it to make a big difference.

    And around what numbers should my HP,resists,endurance,armor etc be at if I wanted to not die on everything all the time at RR's and such?


    Souls+Stats: are these stats for all the builds? (not counting arbiter) Does some soul scale better from a specific stat?

    and **** it, i had something else in mind, but im frigging braindead atm, spend like 10minutes or more writing the abovementioned... Will edit if i remember what it was...

    edit: the numbers i mentioned (8500 cp and 42.2k SC are not my current stats, they are what i understand i should be aiming at. Current CP is 4.4k and SC 18k)
    Last edited by Xio Narius; 10-18-2017 at 05:30 PM.

  2. #2
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezenya View Post
    In advance I would like to apologize for any brainfarts. I am enjoying a particulary nasty day in nicotine withdrawals, and my brain refuses to work. (which is probably a big reason for my numbers...)

    But:
    Souls: the offensive souls.. granted, i have only tested quickly and without skill 2 play the soul, but only souls i can pull any kind of dps are Warlock and Harbringer. with warlock dps is low due to no skill, but still 200k ish, and with harb i can get close to 400k (yes crap gear), but stuff like Stormcaller, necro, elementalist... I sit usually around 100k. (stormcaller i was 50k st dps, and while its not a st soul, 50k... is not even funny). While rotations and such are probably utter garbage in my tests, im pretty sure i should still be getting a bit more close-to-lock/harb-soul numbers. Even with lock im just rolling my face on the keyboard and still get those numbers. pretty much the same with harb.

    Stats: I read from Mage 4.2 DD BIS thingy that my spell crit should be (raidbuffed) 42.2k and crit power self buffed 8.5k. Now i can see myself getting CP to those numbers, but spell crit... no frigging way. Maybe if i forget about all the rest and go full on SC on essences and frags i might get there.. but then no CP I imagine. Currently im at 18-20k spell crit, and while im sure raidbuffs give a decent amount, the part that would still be missing is.. alot.
    I know i will be getting decent amount of INT from all the essences and gear i still need to replace and upgrade, but still, currently at 21k INT which is 10.5k SC, I dont see the numbers rising THAT much for it to make a big difference.

    And around what numbers should my HP,resists,endurance,armor etc be at if I wanted to not die on everything all the time at RR's and such?


    Souls+Stats: are these stats for all the builds? (not counting arbiter) Does some soul scale better from a specific stat?

    and fk it, i had something else in mind, but im frigging braindead atm, spend like 10minutes or more writing the abovementioned... Will edit if i remember what it was...
    Your gear can't be that bad with 8500 crit power, im at 5500. Give Pyro another look. With high CP and weapon Pyro is top. This is just what I've read ( I've only been back for a month now) but to your point my top Dps SPEC is harb by far.550-600k with all ltr gear and 2 t1 items.
    Last edited by kenx2020; 10-18-2017 at 08:27 AM.

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenx2020 View Post
    Your gear can't be that bad with 8500 crit power, im at 5500. Give Pyro another look. With high CP and weapon Pyro is top. This is just what I've read ( I've only been back for a month now) but to your point my top Dps SPEC is harb by far.550-600k with all ltr gear and 2 t1 items.
    I edited my post to avoid future confusion: i dont have that much cp, im at 4.4k. I can sometimes get close to 500k with harb if things go really well. with lock.. so little practice that i cant really pull much higher than the 200k or so in live situations.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    178

    Default

    you should be focusing on int/cp/sp , SC is not a problem when you progress in gear , and not to forget that you have SC percentage buffs in pve contents ( if you have the proper raid setup). The number in stats it gives in the spreadsheet is softcap.

    as for dps builds , warlock/pyro/harb are the mainstream for now , all able to pull 1.1 - 1.2mil+ , if you using some specific build you can go up to 1.6m~ , but that involves skills and stuff.
    Last edited by Cileriqao; 10-18-2017 at 11:09 AM.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    418

    Default

    Some souls have built-in Spell Crit. If you hover over your Spell Crit number, it will give you two percentages, the percent + 'X'. That + 'X" is the Spell Crit you are gaining from the spec you currently are in. Currently, in Pyro I have 35.19% + 10% for a total of 45.19% Spell Crit. I also have 8240 Crit Power. If I swap to 58 ele, I gain 1% Spell Crit.

    Both Warlocks are top dps for mages, however, warlock is bugged, Lingering Torment from Legendary Neddra's Grasp does not work correctly, therefore you lose roughly 20% dps.

    Pyro is second if Warlock was fixed since it is not, Pyro is top dps.

    Third is Harb.

    If you want to do RR's without dying, you will need 2200 hit, and at least 300k hp self-buffed. The rest of the stats don't really matter.

    Below is a picture of my current stats.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mage souls, stats, frags...-capture.jpg  
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    Some souls have built-in Spell Crit. If you hover over your Spell Crit number, it will give you two percentages, the percent + 'X'. That + 'X" is the Spell Crit you are gaining from the spec you currently are in. Currently, in Pyro I have 35.19% + 10% for a total of 45.19% Spell Crit. I also have 8240 Crit Power. If I swap to 58 ele, I gain 1% Spell Crit.

    Both Warlocks are top dps for mages, however, warlock is bugged, Lingering Torment from Legendary Neddra's Grasp does not work correctly, therefore you lose roughly 20% dps.

    Pyro is second if Warlock was fixed since it is not, Pyro is top dps.

    Third is Harb.

    If you want to do RR's without dying, you will need 2200 hit, and at least 300k hp self-buffed. The rest of the stats don't really matter.

    Below is a picture of my current stats.
    ah i see! so im not even half way there in resist&armor xD im at 6.5k resists on most...
    and atleast in my harb&lock specs, i got no +crit % from tree, so sitting at 18-20% crit. You also had alot more int (15k more or so), which would give like 7k spell crit.. i see isee. this does clear things up a bit, thanks!

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts