+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Is Mystic Archer Needed?

Soulwalker

I saved up my credits in expectation to play with MA, since I LOVE bow gamestyle but my main is a mage. I was so excited.

What in dog's name is this?

It's action style mechanics! It might be cute in theory but this crap pulls anything I don't want to pull. neutrals, aggressives, whatever is in the field of fire. and I don't have ANY choice in the matter. this is is horrible.
    Who in the hell would want to use this spec in anything? I'd get kicked from any group in 5 seconds for rogue pulling or any "don't hit anything other than X target" fights.

I want my credits back :/
    Last edited by Jareth1; 10-30-2017 at 09:25 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jareth1 View Post
    I saved up my credits in expectation to play with MA, since I LOVE bow gamestyle but my main is a mage. I was so excited.

What in dog's name is this?

It's action style mechanics! It might be cute in theory but this crap pulls anything I don't want to pull. neutrals, aggressives, whatever is in the field of fire. and I don't have ANY choice in the matter. this is is horrible.
    Who in the hell would want to use this spec in anything? I'd get kicked from any group in 5 seconds for rogue pulling or any "don't hit anything other than X target" fights.

I want my credits back :/
    i feel sorry for people that get duped into this soul since they didnt take a look at it on the PTS. any new soul should have more use then just IAs i meant it literally makes no diff what you play in there.

pulling things you didnt want to was a point i made and suggested a toggle for turning off penetation to other mobs. pretty much all feedback was ignored.

well it had to happen eventually i guess, mages getting a useless new soul.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by sirdiggy View Post
    well it had to happen eventually i guess, mages getting a useless new soul.
    /agree

To my knowledge, this was not asked for by mages. What mages want is to have competitive dps with the other classes. I guess there is always 5.0.

Quick overview of mage souls and how they relate to paid souls:
    To tank: paid soul, arbiter (and along with fk gives great mitigation cds and hp boost)
    Best (or close to best) dps: paid soul, harbiter (yes pyro/ele is great if you have done the grind for that eternal)
    useless soul: necro, sc... when has running a 61pts of these been good lately? add MA to this list?
    support: Archon is solid (often requested/required for some fights)
    healer: solid (chloro is awesome, fk is paid soul but good)
    good hybrid builds: none that I am aware of. Any good 51 pt or 44 pts builds lately? pyrochon and harbchons are largely a thing of the past

I guess mages (and I'm looking at myself) are just suckers and willing to spend extra plat. I know I am underwhelmed by MA so far (but I happily went and bought it). Maybe I'll figure out a use for it by fae yule.

I'm sure I may be off-base but these are my own individual opinions. Thought I would share them since @OP wanted to know what we thought of MA.

Full disclosure: I enjoy tanking, chloro and harb quite a bit. I'm glad I do enjoy tanking though since my harb dps is a liability compared to fotm primalist/rogue builds.

Soulwalker

yeah i would add MA to useless list. the whole thing is just beyond baffling, they want money so they put out this and just expect people to buy it. im sad some did even if just to try it, any mage that did that is not helping our situation.

you forgot dominator was well, which helps illustrate how useless this soul is that you didnt even remember it. it was supposed to be changed, hey maybe they could have made it that solo soul with its supposed rework that it was supposed to get thats never gonna happen.

this most disheartening thing is i guaranty noncaster classes wont get anything as useless as this.

Of course it wasn't needed. Since when were options about need?

If you don't want it, don't buy it.

I'm enjoying it. At least it plays differently enough that it adds something new to the mix, which is why I bought the soul to begin with.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by KnightFalz View Post
    Of course it wasn't needed. Since when were options about need?

If you don't want it, don't buy it.

I'm enjoying it. At least it plays differently enough that it adds something new to the mix, which is why I bought the soul to begin with.
    since always. most souls that have been added were something classes lacked except in a few cases.

a different playsttyle is fine, trust me i was very excited because it would have meant i choice where i dont have a cast time which is good for pve and pvp. it also helps me not feel a bit gimped when there is no archon to lower my castime.

but a soul designed to perform well only in open world(it really doesnt) is just bad design. i mean failing to perform at its main design its just baffling.

i've seen people trying to lv in tanking specs, im just gonna assume you're one of those people that dont care about overall performance

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by sirddiggby View Post
    ...you forgot dominator was well, which helps illustrate how useless this soul is ...
    I thought about including dom in the useless stack and as far as 61 pt builds it is. However, it is part of a recent dom-lock build which seems to put out decent ranged dps. Now if we could just get mana wrench to be channeled while moving ...

Quote Originally Posted by smellwhat View Post
    /agree

To my knowledge, this was not asked for by mages. What mages want is to have competitive dps with the other classes. I guess there is always 5.0.

Quick overview of mage souls and how they relate to paid souls:
    To tank: paid soul, arbiter (and along with fk gives great mitigation cds and hp boost)
    Best (or close to best) dps: paid soul, harbiter (yes pyro/ele is great if you have done the grind for that eternal)
    useless soul: necro, sc... when has running a 61pts of these been good lately? add MA to this list?
    support: Archon is solid (often requested/required for some fights)
    healer: solid (chloro is awesome, fk is paid soul but good)
    good hybrid builds: none that I am aware of. Any good 51 pt or 44 pts builds lately? pyrochon and harbchons are largely a thing of the past

I guess mages (and I'm looking at myself) are just suckers and willing to spend extra plat. I know I am underwhelmed by MA so far (but I happily went and bought it). Maybe I'll figure out a use for it by fae yule.

I'm sure I may be off-base but these are my own individual opinions. Thought I would share them since @OP wanted to know what we thought of MA.

Full disclosure: I enjoy tanking, chloro and harb quite a bit. I'm glad I do enjoy tanking though since my harb dps is a liability compared to fotm primalist/rogue builds.
    Chlorochon is pretty good if your looking for a hybrid in raid.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    Chlorochon is pretty good if your looking for a hybrid in raid.
    Chlorochon is not a hybrid, it's a 61 archon with chloro on the side...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3