+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AoE Spec

Champion

Default AoE Spec

Has anyone found a good AoE spec ? The best results I have achieved with 61 Harb/11 Storm/4 Arb but far behind the 4 - 5 million dps of a rogue.

Shadowlander

I had made a AoE spec a few months ago with stormcaller. (Needed something f2p)

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...gH5aGayGiBh0/d
    (missing point in voltaic strength)

legendaries:
    internalized charge
    firestorm
    neural prod (cause ogcd, primary spell for eternal, bonus dmg)
    lightning arc (obviously)
    raging storm

I did 2m-2.1m sustained on 8 dummies with it. Still no match for rogue aoe.

Out of curiosity, how much aoe dps does the 61 harb do?
    Last edited by Dragate; 10-06-2017 at 08:01 AM.

Champion

I do 2.3-2.5 m dps on 8 level 72 raid test dummys (which are raiddebuffed) but with the last step of the eternal weapon, I think your spec is probably better. I will test them today

Champion

After a few short tests without any optimizations, I can say that your spec clearly does more dps.

Shadowlander

At how much did you sustain?

My gear was ok, not the best. 1st eternal stage, non-upgraded BiS wand and non BiS helmet, upgraded gear from LFR TD, 2 non-upgraded items from IROTP, lvl 9 frags. You get the picture.

Spec is very mobile, everything (except lightning arc) can be cast while moving. For me it's a 4 button spec. I'm not that guy that pays much attention to detail/micromanagement so pretty sure there still might be room for improvement, though it could never reach rogue aoe dps.
    Last edited by Dragate; 10-06-2017 at 07:59 AM.

Champion

The last time I played stormcaller was at Matron Zamira.
    I need to relearn stormcaller now and create new macros and alerts and can not yet tell exactly what the full potential of this spec is.

Shadowlander

Alright. Later I'll share my macros see if there's anything useful there.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Dragate View Post
    Alright. Later I'll share my macros see if there's anything useful there.
    That would be helpful

Shadowlander

So, the spec I actually have is https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...ayGiBh0/d|X_Tw
    (I have quit Rift like 2 weeks ago and didn't remember well the point spread)

The idea is to build electrified stacks as fast as possible, spend them and all over again. The faster you alternate between building and consuming, the more dps. Lightning arc is the hard-hitting ability. As mentioned, you can do everything while moving except lightning arc (and forked lightning but you don't use that often anyways).

Main buff is Tempest Armor.

I have 4 main macros:

1st Opener (& refresh):

#show Static Flux
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Static Flux
    cast Storm Locus

Description: Keep Storm Locus up 100%. Keep Static Flux on cooldown but always, use it after you have spent all your electrified stacks (using the last macro). This macro is also your opener, gets you 5 stacks and locus on enemy (it does NOT trigger aggro).

2nd Opener (& refresh):

#show Neural Prod
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Neural Prod
    cast @gtae Fire Storm
    cast Living Storm

Description: Keep Fire Storm up 100%. Neural Prod (it is off GCD) will give you some dmg boost and also, trigger eternal proc. Living Storm is apply and forget. This macro is also used after your opener.

Electrified Builder:

#show Eye of the storm
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Break Free
    cast Fading Light
    cast Countdown
    cast @self Arcane Manipulation
    cast @gtae Eye of the Storm
    cast @gtae Hailstorm
    cast Lightning Storm
    cast Raging Storm
    cast Forked Lightning
    cast Thunder Shock

Description: Countdown will spread with Fire Storm and will have +30% dmg boost. It will not cast on enemy with countdown and also, since of micro lag (I think) it will usually reapply itself when triggered. Triggers on first mob a lil bit earlier from last mob that has it, so before it triggers on last mob it will spread again (cause of fire storm) to first mob that had his already triggered. Rest of macro are, ofc, Eye of the Storm & Hailstorm (want to always have them on cooldown). Main use of this macro is to build your stacks to 5 (while keeping up the above mentioned abilities). Rarely I reach to Forked Lightning. Thunder Shock is for when moving.

Electrified Consumer:

#show Lightning Arc
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Internalize Charge
    cast Lightning Arc
    cast Lightning Field

Description: This is your stack burner. Once you reach 5 stacks, you use this to get LIC up and use ONE of the other 2 abilities with arc as priority. No need to use field when arc has already spent your stacks.

On kalert, I watch for storm locus debuff, static flux buff and neural prod (i use that as reference to track fire storm, losing some dps there since prod 20 sec and storm 30 sec). Ofc, main thing to watch are the electrified stacks.

TL;DR Open with 1st macro, then 2nd, and then all you do is switch between 3rd and 4th macro. Build 5 stacks, burn them, build 5 stacks, burn them etc. Use 1st macro to refresh your fire storm. Use 2nd mainly to get free stacks from flux and spend them fast before building again and refresh locus (when it's needed).

That's pretty much how I use my spec (I know it has its flaws). If someone out there can improve it furthermore, I'd be glad to hear their discoveries.
    Last edited by Dragate; 10-06-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragate View Post
    On kalert, I watch for storm locus debuff, static flux buff and neural prod (i use that as reference to track fire storm, losing some dps there since prod 20 sec and storm 30 sec). Ofc, main thing to watch are the electrified stacks.
    Can use bamul's firestorm addon to track it

I was playing 61 SC with a lot of stuff (( Locus, LS, Galvanic, then a cooldown, builder, spender, Raging, Thunder ))
    - Builder: LIC (buffs hailstorm, LLA), All builders ~ abuse Perfect Storm bug
    - Consumer: just LLA, LF
    - Cooldown: Gathering, PS, then consumers
    - Raging: not in macro because the PS bug can clip it
    - Thunder Shock to get eternal stacks where you want them ~ before LLA.

It is easy to play.
    Last edited by notawaifu; 10-06-2017 at 08:48 PM.
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

Shadowlander

I had tried 61 SC but didn't work out too well for me. 61 SC would mean that I would have to give up LFS + Countdown (with the smolder perk). Galvanic is a great addition (for anyone that has the soul). Passive of LPS is hard to pass up, it's a great boost. But as LPS was bugged I wanted to avoid it (since I assumed such bugs are to be fixed within weeks, but boy was I wrong). Still it didn't provide much more dps, LFS compensated. I avoided L Gathering Storm cause it added unpredictability to my rotation. Mana and Charge (cause of LIC) you don't need. Stacks you do, but I was used to with how many clicks on Builder macro I would get 5 stacks, Gathering Storm ruined that cause sometimes I had to click less, so I had to watch closer. This might be one of those details that will increase dps, but I don't pay attention to. If you don't mind me asking, what was your sustained aoe dps with 61 SC?

By the way, I see that the new mage soul seems to be the best AOE Soul. Currently (in PTS) it does almost like 2x the dps we are discussing here.
    Last edited by Dragate; 10-06-2017 at 11:32 PM.

your spec does 2.2m for me. 61 SC only does 1.9m for me. Yours is still better
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

Champion

With your macros I do ~ 3m DPS. I'm surprised that the damage from Charged Field is so low. Previously (Level 65), this was the ability with the most dps. Maybe Charged Field does not scale properly with level 70?

I renew Firestorm every 20 seconds with Neural Prod but the stacks of Neural Prod are consumed so quickly which can not be used in a controlled manner. I think i will try Legendary Galvanic Strike at my next tests.

With 61 SC I did not get any good results, maybe I give him another try.

Shadowlander

Default with Mystic Archer.

If you looking for AE spec for Basion of steel 2nd boss

Mystic Archer will be good choice

Macro 1 - Spam

#show Flash Fire
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Static Flux
    cast Internalize Charge
    cast @self Arcane Manipulation
    cast Earthen Sunder
    cast Flash Fire
    cast @gtae Hailstorm
    cast Arcane Shot
    cast Gathering Storm
    cast Break Free
    cast Fading Light

Macro 2 - for Ground target spell need to stay near of AE target

#show Shock Dispersal
    tar <yourname>
    cast @gtae Shock Dispersal
    targetlasttarget

Shock Dispersal spell won't make Arrow effect If you use on your target inside of AE
    so you need to cast manually or you cast with this macro and keep staying near
    you need to write your name as "tar bamul"

Macro 3 - Fire storm

#show Fire Storm
    cast @gtae Fire Storm

this spec is almost 1 button, and good dps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttjwus5I8Mw&t
    Last edited by Skidrow; 10-07-2017 at 05:34 AM.

Shadowlander

i was chilling in my dimension and found a spec around 5 million + , with mystic archer inside
    is there an other spec pulling more ?
    AoE Spec-2018-02-03_162135.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast