+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gaze of Omnox - not 20%?

Default Gaze of Omnox - not 20%?

I have been testing with the Gaze trinket and it seems it's not giving a 20% boost. I did the testing based of the numbers in the tooltip. It seems it only gives 10% or less. I was expecting 20% damage boost on top of my current stats/dmg. But even if i try to calculate this from the base damage, then it's still not 20%.

Has anyone noticed this and can confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by Restyled View Post
    I have been testing with the Gaze trinket and it seems it's not giving a 20% boost. I did the testing based of the numbers in the tooltip. It seems it only gives 10% or less. I was expecting 20% damage boost on top of my current stats/dmg. But even if i try to calculate this from the base damage, then it's still not 20%.

Has anyone noticed this and can confirm this?
    Yes, but it's not the fact that it gives lower bonus, it actually gives more

for an example my empyrean bolt usually heal for 10k, but when gaze of omnox is up it heals 30k non crit

Quote Originally Posted by Semiso View Post
    Yes, but it's not the fact that it gives lower bonus, it actually gives more

for an example my empyrean bolt usually heal for 10k, but when gaze of omnox is up it heals 30k non crit
    Omnox's healing on rogue is bugged like i reported on this thou damage increase is 20% and its added on final stage of damage.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Omnox's healing on rogue is bugged like i reported on this thou damage increase is 20% and its added on final stage of damage.
    So you mean when the tooltip is saying for example 100000 dmg, with the gaze proc it should state 120000? If that's the case then it's not working for me. Cause if i check my fireball, the tooltip states 103736 damage. When i activate the proc it lists 105129 damage. Which is a like 1,34% damage increase.

I was expecting a listed damage of 124483 damage on the fireball. Any idea where i go wrong?

Telaran

One thing to note about that trinket: it will proc in many ways and at any distance but will only give the damage buff if you are within 10 meters of your target, just as the tooltip says.

Thus if you're 25 meters away spamming fireballs the trinket will activate and you will see the buff on yourself but the damage bonus will NOT be applied.

Quote Originally Posted by spago View Post
    One thing to note about that trinket: it will proc in many ways and at any distance but will only give the damage buff if you are within 10 meters of your target, just as the tooltip says.

Thus if you're 25 meters away spamming fireballs the trinket will activate and you will see the buff on yourself but the damage bonus will NOT be applied.
    All tests where made within the 10 meter range.
    Found out that the tooltips are giving wrong info, the 20% is working as intended. Topic can be closed.
    Last edited by Restyled; 09-28-2017 at 01:41 PM.

So you mean when the tooltip is saying for example 100000 dmg, with the gaze proc it should state 120000? If that's the case then it's not working for me. Cause if i check my fireball, the tooltip states 103736 damage. When i activate the proc it lists 105129 damage. Which is a like 1,34% damage increase.

I was expecting a listed damage of 124483 damage on the fireball. Any idea where i go wrong?
    All I can say don't trust tooltip damage, omnox increases 20% of final damage works in same way as lava field etc.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Plane Walker

All tests where made within the 10 meter range.
    Found out that the tooltips are giving wrong info, the 20% is working as intended. Topic can be closed.
    Did you account for resists?

What widoes said, its 20% boost to your damage, then resists nerf that a bit
    *Fancy signature graphics followed by fancy looking Fonts with all the colors*
    BISCULTS@WOLFSBANE, GRAYSKULL Warrior lead and life coach

"I'll give YOU a punishing blow" - DarkDaemon 2016
    "If you're close to a guy, its a ok to do a little touching" - DarkDaemon 2017

+ Reply to Thread