+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kulta

Thread: Coming back?

Plane Walker

Default Coming back?

Hello all,

I was thinking about playing Rift again. If I decide to, what raid dps spec's should I focus on to start. ? I'm assuming archon , Harb?( still top dps?) and w/e top ranged dps is now. Thank you in advance

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kreezhem View Post
    Do you like linear farm and boring activities that are required to raid ?
    If not I wouldn't recommend you to come back.
    I don't even know what linar farm is lol, i've been out of the game for over an year. i'm not concerned with being the best of the best, but I would like to run experts and 10 mans without being harassed for not being in the best spec's

Isp
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by kenx2020 View Post
    I don't even know what linar farm is lol, i've been out of the game for over an year. i'm not concerned with being the best of the best, but I would like to run experts and 10 mans without being harassed for not being in the best spec's
    Before doing raids you have to do very long and very boring grind. Experts and LFR (tier 0 "raid") don't require gear or skill.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Plane Touched

im not sure if t1 requires skill either.

Ascendant

I don't think it's as bad as people says and I am not saying it's good neither.

First of all other than eternal weapons you don't really need to "grind".

Using my personal experience playing my alts it's actually pretty easy.

1. Level to 70
    2. You can ask your friend or buy from AH in my case I spend like 15 plat total and purchased all +250 Hit pieces which instantly opens you up for Easy Mode TD raiding bypassing expert dungeons in it's entirety.
    3. Do pug ezTD for gears then after you score the hit pieces you can now play in nmTD/ROTP which is the current "endgame".
    ezpz

Eternal Weapon is the "grind" but that's really the one thing that gives the biggest return.

However, being competitive is completely different story.

edit: Mage top dps is warlock, pyro/harb are still viable. Archon still best support since all the mystics are busy shooting broken fury blast and ethereal beam right now.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 09-10-2017 at 03:11 AM.

Plane Walker

Thank you, that's what I was looking for

Shadowlander

I agree, the only grind is the eternal weapon, which is actually worth it in my opinion. Gear comes as you play, and planar fragments are the annoying bit. So much plat spent into them. Up to IROTP you can get away with have crappy fragments and still do enough dps to clear the raid. However, it gets tricky in nmTD, due to the dps checks and healing checks. That's when the eternal and tier 12-15 frags are really good to have. It can be completed even without the eternal weapon, but it just requires more time and concentration.

And I agree, warlock is top followed by pyro, then harb. But all three are viable in raid settings. As well as chloro chon being the best support spec in the game, it provides the most over all raid dps, raid burst, and it can be another healer. Meaning you can swap one healer for a dps.

A good place to start is the following link, it provides most updated guides among other info that is really useful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1338370154

If you have vertigo you can forget the weapon- I suffer so badly with it, that it is impposible for me to do one of the required quest-
    Have you ever wanted to?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kulta View Post
    If you have vertigo you can forget the weapon- I suffer so badly with it, that it is impposible for me to do one of the required quest-
    Contact customer service and discuss it with them. It's entirely possible they'll auto-complete that particular step for you.

Have you tried grouping with someone who is doing the quest (or the similar daily) to see if you can get credit for them doing it?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by bri bates View Post
    Contact customer service and discuss it with them. It's entirely possible they'll auto-complete that particular step for you.

Have you tried grouping with someone who is doing the quest (or the similar daily) to see if you can get credit for them doing it?
    Customer service is aware of this problem and won't do anything. This is not a group quest so you cannot get credit for the particles by being in a group. Also, if you give access to your account and let someone else complete the quest for you, you are violating the TOS and will be reprimanded.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Serpent View Post
    Customer service is aware of this problem and won't do anything. This is not a group quest so you cannot get credit for the particles by being in a group. Also, if you give access to your account and let someone else complete the quest for you, you are violating the TOS and will be reprimanded.
    Yes pretty much sums it up.
    Have you ever wanted to?

+ Reply to Thread