+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Archon Help: Why not L seering vitality?

Soulwalker

Default Archon Help: Why not L seering vitality?

Hallo!
    As in the title i ask myself (and now the community) why Legendary Seering Vitality never is mentioned (used?) in Archon guides.
    I know about the bug (one of the many...) with the endurance self buff and the bulwark armor, but the legendary gives +12% dmg for the rest of the raid/group and can be up as much as we want, does this not make it worhtwhile (in comparrision to the other legendarys)?
    Thanks in hope of some clarification.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Joarg View Post
    Hallo!
    As in the title i ask myself (and now the community) why Legendary Seering Vitality never is mentioned (used?) in Archon guides.
    I know about the bug (one of the many...) with the endurance self buff and the bulwark armor, but the legendary gives +12% dmg for the rest of the raid/group and can be up as much as we want, does this not make it worhtwhile (in comparrision to the other legendarys)?
    Thanks in hope of some clarification.
    First of all, the dmg bonus is only applied to non-archon abilities casted by the archon, not the entire group/raid.
    If it was applied to the entire group I would definitely go for it even with the bug I mention below, but sadly it's not (well, not that sad since that would make a broken support xD).

Secondly, there's another bug that suggests it might not actually give +12% dmg, but +5% as the tooltip of the debuff on the enemy implies.
    Last edited by Dragate; 08-28-2017 at 04:41 AM.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the answer.
    The tooltip (bug?) i am also aware of, but it is of little concern to me (as long as the dmg gets delivered).
    Not long ago (after specing into Archon) i got a friend and tested if his dmg got upped and it was in the 10% range, maybe i have to retest it, or the patched something in the meantime, will write about it.

I tested it today (08.28.2017) again with a guild mate (rogue) and legendary seering vitality definitly gives the 12% extra damage to group members.
    Last edited by Joarg; 08-28-2017 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joarg View Post
    I tested it today (08.28.2017) again with a guild mate (rogue) and legendary seering vitality definitly gives the 12% extra damage to group members.
    Can we get some screenshots or videos
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

Rift Master

Saw this thread and curiostity got the better of me. Tried it with a cleric friend that used only Frozen Wrath. When i didn't used the skill, the dot's min damage was around 65.2k, when i used the legendary SV the mim dmg went up to about 73.6k.

He removed the crystal and i don't think there were other self buffs triggering to skew the results, especially since it's pretty close to 12%. And we tested this on a lvl 67 dummy in my dimension.

Huh. That's a bug then. I guess i'll report it sometime this week if nobody does.
    Though everything I report has been ignored and not fixed (:
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

Soulwalker

I'm not convinced its a bug, i think its working as intended...

All of the other damage increasing legendaries either say "your" or "from Mage abilities"," and LSV doesn't. I mean it could be unintended, but it seems odd that all other debuff legendaries specify that its your abilities, and archon (the raid buffer) doesn't. I just thought it fit with the whole design of archon, so I never questioned it, and made sure I keep it up 100% of the time.

aint no way this is intended....

aint no way this is fixed anytime soon
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

what's worth dropping for it though?

- Flaring, no
    - Illuminate, isn't that needed? the whole pillaging dps?
    - Patron's Rage, non legendary doesn't refresh so without you'll be doing it manually. So a fight under 5min you'd drop this. Or just all fights and always manually refresh 4 auras?

Or just take it in arbiter and always have a mage tank?
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    what's worth dropping for it though?

- Flaring, no
    - Illuminate, isn't that needed? the whole pillaging dps?
    - Patron's Rage, non legendary doesn't refresh so without you'll be doing it manually. So a fight under 5min you'd drop this. Or just all fights and always manually refresh 4 auras?

Or just take it in arbiter and always have a mage tank?
    Our pro archon dropped Patron's.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Soulwalker

I personally droped Patronīs, because most fights are shorter than 5 min, and 12% raid dps vs 4 GCD....

Shadowlander

non leg patrons rage still refreshes the auras, just use ur dps meter to know when to hit patrons, i try to do around 4min 30secs, it will refresh the duration if they have not fallen off.
    Come play Hearthstone with me, fun and addicting action card game. Use this link for free packs,
    https://battle.net/recruit/5BPRX7NZB...f-hs&s=HS&m=pc

No it doesn't it's bugged. For me and a few other people at least.
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

Bamu said in another post that it will be fixed in the next patch

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Treponem View Post
    Bamu said in another post that it will be fixed in the next patch
    The Legendary Seering Vitality bug will be fixed with the next patch but not the bug that non legendary patrons rage don't refresh the archon auras.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast