+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VP DPS Trinkets

Default VP DPS Trinkets

So who has done the honors of parsing these on the PTS? These seem to be the best two for dps/healing.

Hexed Claw, Use: You're next 3 single target attacks do an additional 50,000 damage. The damage increases when the target is further than 15 meters away.

Gaze of Omnox, Equip: Damaging and healing abilities have a chance to increase damaging and healing effects on targets within a 10 meter radius by 20%

From just reading them it seems Gaze is you're only option for healing and you gotta be within 10 meters from you're target.

They all have a 90 GCD ive been told. Have also been told that the Gaze of omnox is broken and is proc'ing when you apply you're buffs putting the use on CD for 90secs

There is another one that decreases you're cast time. Might be good for pyro CB proc's? But not sure how much it actually decreases it.

Input?
    Last edited by dayzed; 08-17-2017 at 08:42 PM.

Ascendant

1. Hexed Claw is generally not worth using.
    It's 3 hits and even at 35m range it procs ~70k damage 3 times every 90s.
    This is just 210k more damage every 90s which is 2.3k dps...

Put this in perspective some primalist are pushing 1.9m to 2.0 million dps already this trinket only increase their dps by 0.15% dps (lower if the damage are proced under 35m range)

This trinket is pretty bad.

2. Gaze of Omnox is rather strong and can be abused with combat drop to increase it's uptime Harbinger for example can be especially beneficial for the cd reset.

Currently there seems to be a bug of people overwriting each other's proc.

Proc / activation frequency is the same : 1m30

Hexed Claw damage : 50k to 92k(35m range) x3, let's get our numbers high and say 300k damage every 1m30.

Gaze of Omnox : Let's take a 1M average dps basis which is kinda the average or raiders right now. Every proc gets you 3M damage every 1m30.

So basically Gaze of Omnox deals 10 times more damage in average. (Even stronger if it proc on your burst / during raid CD)

To make Hexed Claw and Gaze of Omnox damage equivalent you should have an average dps of 100k. Pretty ugly right ?

Pros and cons :

Gaze of Omnox : Be in less than 10 meters away from target(S)
    Hexed Claw : It sucks don't take it, you're better at taking the one giving you more HP so you skip mechanics like a potato. (I'm not saying you're a potato, it's just general speaking, i know it's 2017, don't get offended).

As I already argued about in another of my post, why make multiple DPS trinkets when one of them is OP and the rest is garbage ?

Quote Originally Posted by dayzed View Post
    There is another one that decreases you're cast time. Might be good for pyro CB proc's? But not sure how much it actually decreases it.

Input?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreezhem View Post

As I already argued about in another of my post, why make multiple DPS trinkets when one of them is OP and the rest is garbage ?
    lack of foresight

when i first saw these i thought some would be ok for pvp. hell some even mention pvp. some would just be too op like gaze.

overall most of these trinkets are worthless so i dont even know why they bothered to bring procs back when apparently thats too much to handle. i brought this up on PTS as to why these things have 90sec procs which basically make them a CD, which in turn should just be on use then rather than proc.

the decreased cast time also has 90sec icd so its useless as well. im sure its broken too where self buffing procs it. was on pts. u get 8 secs reduced cast time that u cant control. so for pyro by the time u are really to really start casting its already over because of its long build up time.

simple fix for that one x number of spells are now instant for 15-20 secs

but its long icd makes it not really worth it over eye. im 100 percent sure they werent expecting people to reach glorified this soon and just put it on the back burner.

only real gem is the tank one which has like a 95 percent uptime.

100% agree about the tank one, its pretty nice for tanks.

I agree with the people who have replied. They all seem kinda pointless when compared to the gaze.

Even though its still only the idea of the trinket proc working because of right now its proc'ing on ANYTHING and everything you do. Prepull applying self buffs, etc. etc.

Has trion made any comments about these trinkets yet, and their plans with fixing the gaze one?

Ascendant

There's many ways they can do this and having it not be all screwed up like this.

Hexed Claw would be ok if it had a 6s icd up from it's current 90s.

Or Hexed Claw would have to have it's damage increased by 800% to 1000% if you want to see this as competitive option vs Omnox if DEV insist to keep its icd at 90s.

The casting reduction should have been a on use effect with 60s cd, so spec like Pyro could actually take advantage of it when they actually needed it.

Currently there's really no reason to use anything but the tank trinket and the omnox.

Also note if you are having problem with your trinket proccing while you are self buffing before pull, simply unequip it and equip it again before pull (can be done with macros in less than 0.5 second) re-equipping instantly reset all icds on these trinkets which is why some specs with combat drops (notable spec is harbinger) can use the omnox trinket to triple of it's effectiveness by re-equipping everytime you push storm shroud essentially cause the already insane omnox proc to have only 30s cd (300% the original effectiveness).
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 08-19-2017 at 11:53 PM.

First strike might be worth looking at for fights with alot of target swapping or maybe world content, not for its stun but the initial damage, this should be constant.
    Last edited by Poshy; 08-19-2017 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    First strike might be worth looking at for fights with alot of target swapping or maybe world content, not for its stun but the initial damage, this should be constant.
    50k is nothing, and that trinket stops working period after initial hit once you are in combat. even if it works for target swapping its still pathetic damage.

i mean for world content if u are glorified with uttila then chances are you are gonna be overgeared which is a point i brought up about the stun for vostigar

Quote Originally Posted by sirdiggby View Post
    50k is nothing, and that trinket stops working period after initial hit once you are in combat. even if it works for target swapping its still pathetic damage.

i mean for world content if u are glorified with uttila then chances are you are gonna be overgeared which is a point i brought up about the stun for vostigar
    So if you have 20 mobs at a base in VP you wouldnt get the 50k on each? I never tested this trinket, when does the equip function stop working?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    So if you have 20 mobs at a base in VP you wouldnt get the 50k on each? I never tested this trinket, when does the equip function stop working?
    Even for open world you wouldn't want to use first strike. Since after each mob kill you will drop combat and if you really want to you can instantly re-equip the Omnox using macros which takes less than a split second this means every mob you open on you gain 20% dps as long as you are within 10m and it's also aoe.

So if you pull 1 mob at a time the Omnox is superior since you can just reset its cd after you kill the mob.

And if you pull multiple mobs and use aoe/cleave capable spec the Omnox trinket is still superior since the trinket procs are aoe in the first place.

It's just so hard to justify "not" using the omnox trinket right now.

Rift Master

I raised this on the PTS thread and recieved no reply about it sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    I raised this on the PTS thread and recieved no reply about it sadly.
    hopefully it gets addressed soon.

+ Reply to Thread