+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best mage dps with Eternal weapon

Default Best mage dps with Eternal weapon

I recently got the eternal weapon and was wondering what dps spec is the best for mage. I have Pyro, Warlock, and Harbringer but i have no idea which is the best due to mixed answers from the community. I also want to know what abilities the eternal weapon proc covers and does not cover, as well as the amount of that dps it adds in each spec. I'm hoping that this thread can point me as well as others in the right direction.
    Last edited by Redawn; 05-31-2017 at 07:46 AM.

i think dots are out so its prob not that great for warlock.

Ascendant

Just got my eternal, and I'm leaning towards 61 Pyro, 11 Harb 4 Ele.
    Quick parsing on a 67 dummy last night put me at about 575k.

61 Harb 11 Harb 4 Arb is pulling about 550k
    But I've heard 61 Harb 15 Pyro might do better than that.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    61 Harb 11 Harb 4 Arb
    DOUBLE THE HARB, DOUBLE THE POWAAAHH.

Anyway, is that 575k Pyro parse with 4 Ele better than what you've been getting with 4arb?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

I don't have my eternal yet. So: the people seeing higher results with 4ele pyro post some parses. I'd like to see whats going on there. Is the eternal buff doing some wacky **** with ele forces?

What's it doing:
    - being buffed and not consuming?
    - it's consuming and it's multiplying it four times for each element?
    - it could just be the stronger option not having to use a 1.5s gcd every 30s?

When we can get a consensus I'll add it to my pyro write up so everybody can use the better spec.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    I don't have my eternal yet. So: the people seeing higher results with 4ele pyro post some parses. I'd like to see whats going on there. Is the eternal buff doing some wacky **** with ele forces?

What's it doing:
    - being buffed and not consuming?
    - it's consuming and it's multiplying it four times for each element?
    - it could just be the stronger option not having to use a 1.5s gcd every 30s?

When we can get a consensus I'll add it to my pyro write up so everybody can use the better spec.
    Legendary Elemental Forces significantly increases the Cinder Burst proc rate and triggers the weapon effect. Because of the interplay the Elementalist off-soul do more damage than the Arbiter off-soul. I think before the weapon becomes eternal, the weapon effect is too insignificant, so Arbiter has done more damage.
    Last edited by Bamul; 05-31-2017 at 10:02 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    DOUBLE THE HARB, DOUBLE THE POWAAAHH.

Anyway, is that 575k Pyro parse with 4 Ele better than what you've been getting with 4arb?
    Lol I'm so used to every spec having 11 Harb 4 Arb it's like I autocomplete it without thinking.

To be honest, I never tried the Ele variant before I got the eternal because I really haven't been DPSing at all up until now. But The cinder burst procs with the Ele spec are insane, like Bamul said. So many!

You have so much charge in Pyro with all the Cinder Bursts that's it's nice to have an oGCD charge dump. It's like the more you use Ele Forces, the more you can use Cinder Burst which means the more you can use Ele Forces.

I finally bit the bullet and spent some money on dps frags (after spending everything on tanking stuff) so I have some decent stats now. I'll do some parses when I get a chance, but I'm not the greatest. Particularly at Harb. It seems that the difference between 250 ping (me) and 20 ping (some others) is about 8-10% more abilities, or so I'm seeing.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Just got my eternal, and I'm leaning towards 61 Pyro, 11 Harb 4 Ele.
    Quick parsing on a 67 dummy last night put me at about 575k.

61 Harb 11 Harb 4 Arb is pulling about 550k
    But I've heard 61 Harb 15 Pyro might do better than that.
    can you post your stats?

51350SP
    31.4 SC
    29.80 cp

61 pyro 11 harb 4 ele with eternal.
    no buffs. i max out at 520k on the 67 dummy in my dim. settle at about 510k.

my best fragments are mostly pvp cp some with terrible offstats like dodge adn block in the same flag but im not expecting a huge diff in our stats.

in general i pull way less then the stuff others seem to say they pull on dummies

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by sirdiggby View Post
    can you post your stats?

51350SP
    31.4 SC
    29.80 cp

61 pyro 11 harb 4 ele with eternal.
    no buffs. i max out at 520k on the 67 dummy in my dim. settle at about 510k.
    My current gear in Pyro is :
    SP: 57001
    SC: 27934
    CP: 7405 (32.6%)

I have gained about 200 of each stat since that parse, so I should parse higher now (sorry don't have time to do one just now, but will get to it eventually!

Ascendant

Stats as above:

http://i.imgur.com/qjqwHSR.png (521k)

For some reason I can't link images inline in this thread...

But I peaked at about 560k for a while and held it, but nowhere near 575k I got before. I think it really is terribly RNG based and there's big differences from parse to parse.

Maybe I played it differently before... like before I got used to the Ele variant. Maybe I was super good at keeping the buffs up back then I know I stuffed up a couple of times in that parse.
    Last edited by Archyface; 06-07-2017 at 09:39 PM.

Rift Chaser

The RNG factor is very high in this spec similar to the old 58 Ele/Pyro/Dom so do not forget to pray to your gods before you go to war. I use this spec only for singel target fights but if the fight allows to use Blademark i always prefer the Harbinger.
    Last edited by Bamul; 06-08-2017 at 12:35 AM.

Lol I'm so used to every spec having 11 Harb 4 Arb it's like I autocomplete it without thinking.

Are you talking about thew 61pyro/11harb/4Arb build? If so where do I find it, I have been looking thru the forums and can't seem to find it. Could you direct me to it please?

Thanks,

Eve
    Everis@Faeblight, Mistress of Misfit Clubhouse Guild and Owner of;

Cherry Blossom Hill - Moonshade Pools
    Abertawe Woods - Mathosian Cascades
    and more to follow

+ Reply to Thread