+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: A few questions about FK

Default A few questions about FK

Hi, i'm looking at FK for PVE intent.
    Even if it's a ST heal, can I run experts with it ?
    I'm planning to go into a 61FK/11Harb build with 4 remaining points in chloro or in SC for spell power.
    About legendaries, is it a good idea to take LER ? sure it's powerful, ...but it seems making the core "rotation" a bit clunky like TB > LER > HB > HB or Filler > LER.... am I wrong ?
    Not better to take non legendary ER which allows mobile TB > HB > ER cycle ?
    Sorry for my poor english.

Telaran

You can run experts fine with it, just be prepared to spot heal more than you'd have to in Chloro.

I honestly can't recall my legendaries at the moment, sorry!

FK is more than fine for experts. barely any healing is require in the first place.

i would suggest 51fk 24 chlro though if you want to FK. (personally i wouldnt even bother playing fk for experts and just run chlro as you do more damage and have better aoe healing on the fly and it slightly less boring for experts, you can tank heal and party heal just fine for TD as well, even for ROTP it should be the go to choice)

theres really no reason to go 61 fk all you get a is a CD that you wont ever need. at 51 you pick up all the good stuff and you can use the rest to pick up some aoe heals from chlro.

as for LER yeah its awkward, ideally you would weave HB in there. i really havent touched FK outside of pvp lately, but you can drop LER to make it smoother and still heal just fine for pve.

Ok Diggby so you're telling me that FK is useless in the actual game content, or less efficient / polyvalent than chloro.
    Despite all, if I want to play FK no need to go straight 61 , 51 is enough for essential stuff .
    But I don't understand why you don't want to take LPB in harb, +20% heal seems mandatory.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Treponem View Post
    Ok Diggby so you're telling me that FK is useless in the actual game content, or less efficient / polyvalent than chloro.
    Despite all, if I want to play FK no need to go straight 61 , 51 is enough for essential stuff .
    But I don't understand why you don't want to take LPB in harb, +20% heal seems mandatory.
    IMO, the trouble with FK is its a real powerful ST healer with little to no raid healing, where as chloro can do both (though arguably not as well)

ST healing wise FK is plenty strong, adding LPB is just adding more overheals, better to have more points in chloro to make up for the lack of raid healing ability

Legendary Bloom w/ LGV > legendary piercing beam in group content for reasons stated above.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

I use a 61 chloro / 10 or 12 fk build for dungeons, fk mainly for a couple of the barriers and the legendary st heal. I ihink my 3rd soul is stormcaller for lgv(lbv?)proc with larger encounters or something silly like that.
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Legendary Bloom w/ LGV > legendary piercing beam in group content for reasons stated above.
    Theoretically, one could go 51/14/11 FK/Chloro/Harb to get both legendaries.

Of course, scrapping those 11 points in Harb and placing them in Chloro gets you an additional +13.75% healing from the soul gift, +15% healing from Call of Spring, as well as access to Resurgence, Flourish, Ruin, and Essence Conversion.

Seems like a no-brainer to me: LPB is simply not worth the opportunity cost.

Thanx for your replies.

The fact is that for a ST build, 51 points in FK are enough to pick all the good stuff.
    Having played with templates I had arrived at the same conclusions as Nefalia, one solution would be 51FK/11Harb/14Chloro, but rather than investing 11 points for LPB it's better to add group healing by going deeper in the chloro tree .

Anyway, ...healing in experts and TD don't require pure ST healing I don't know for iRoTP.

So let's go 61Chloro/11Harb/4FK

Default my heal spe

Hi,
    U have a lot of hybrid heal possible for me what i use:
    61 chloro / 11 harb / 4 arbiter: for aoe heal => galvanic strike is 25% damage more and chloro make heal with his damage so its the best spe

61 chloro / 15 FK / 0 arbiter: for aoe heal and use barrier to protect tank and up his life point.

41 chloro / 35 FK / 0 arbiter: nice hybrid to protect ur tank and off tank and make a lot of aoe heal, and nice dispell spe

41 FK / 35 chloro / 0 elem: nice hybrid too for tank and off tank with hail blast filler

51 FK / 11 harb / 14 chloro : for st heal maximum (with no need anti death)

dont forget that legendary blight can really interresting for some shield spell / or remove HoT on bosses (like the 3rd boss on TD not interresting now but maybe with normal mode will see)

Hi Guevara,
    Thanx for these specs which offer a wide choice depending on the kind of fight

Deew can you explain to me why all these talented young mages are going 51 FK so they can spec into Chloro and still pick up LPB, instead of just speccing 20 Chloro for more healing and using the extra 5 points in SP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Quote Originally Posted by guevara View Post
    Hi,
    U have a lot of hybrid heal possible for me what i use:
    61 chloro / 11 harb / 4 arbiter: for aoe heal => galvanic strike is 25% damage more and chloro make heal with his damage so its the best spe

61 chloro / 15 FK / 0 arbiter: for aoe heal and use barrier to protect tank and up his life point.

41 chloro / 35 FK / 0 arbiter: nice hybrid to protect ur tank and off tank and make a lot of aoe heal, and nice dispell spe

41 FK / 35 chloro / 0 elem: nice hybrid too for tank and off tank with hail blast filler

51 FK / 11 harb / 14 chloro : for st heal maximum (with no need anti death)

dont forget that legendary blight can really interresting for some shield spell / or remove HoT on bosses (like the 3rd boss on TD not interresting now but maybe with normal mode will see)
    First off chloro does not heal for more cuz u do more dmg so ur spec is just wrong. Legendary blight is useless. Please there are guides out there for a reason. Galvanic strike does NOT iNCREASE HEALING DONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    Deew can you explain to me why all these talented young mages are going 51 FK so they can spec into Chloro and still pick up LPB, instead of just speccing 20 Chloro for more healing and using the extra 5 points in SP?
    Can we start with asking why they are 51 fk to begin with when u can chloro everything in this game. And I have no clue why the want 20% healing buff when u can go into chloro for more of a boost and then just get so. No clue shin. U have any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Can we start with asking why they are 51 fk to begin with when u can chloro everything in this game. And I have no clue why the want 20% healing buff when u can go into chloro for more of a boost and then just get so. No clue shin. U have any ideas?
    I think it's a "shiny and new" symptom.

A dps soul suddenly has a buff that increases healing by 20%!

20 is a rather large looking number isn't it?

And it came from a place where previously there was absolutely 0!

So I feel it's just a sense of "0 to +20% must be the best choice" and no one looks at the problem of it being locked behind 11 points in a dps soul and just makes assumptions.

Or maybe Piercing Beam has just become the new /y macro for phallic related humor as a Chloro and everyone wants to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast