+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: A few questions about FK

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    I'll take your word as gospel for anything related to PvE.

I do recall being briefly unimpressed with Crystal Barrier back when I tested it in NT. And yet, according to the tool-tip, it is basically worth 1/4 of a Living Shell, so in theory Bloom, NH x 6, and HT should theoretically provide shielding equivalent to 2 Living Shell casts... but that depends entirely on how CB scales.
    The scaling is so low it's better to consider it non-existent, CB will shield for something like 20k, if even, and gaining 10k int you may not even see +1000 shielding on it, basically the % shielding you get from the FK soul passive is about the only increases you're going to get.

The shield also does no stack on itself, it only refreshes/overwrites itself, so you can only ever have a 18k or something shield on your target.

The shield is very picky about what it triggers on, it has to specifically be flagged as a single target healing ability casted on the target, even then it may not count.

Some of the FK passives related to it are still completely broke and not working.

CB is just half broken and half terrible, FB is fine if you're tossing it on for a little bit of passive shielding it's still only in the 25-30k range, and the FK armor has almost viable shielding, but basically FK has next to nothing for shielding, non of it is actually good, and it's staying that way.

So CB scaling sucks. Has anyone tested how a CB shield proc compares to a Living Shell shield after scaling? That would help put things in better perspective.
    Living Shell scales, FK shielding all but doesn't, every piece of gear you get is going to make LS better than any shield FK has.

But they had to go and put LS back on the GCD after I had originally convinced them to take it off, so it's usefulness took a large hit once again.

Off the top of my head (which may not be accurate, as I'm not in game often) My LS is worth about 6-7 CB shields, if that's any use to you.

Perhaps that is the case in PvE, but in PvP ST Chloro is still viable. I consider 54/22 Chloro to be the best spec that still incorporates Synth for a significant portion of the healing, but a few still run 61 Chloro for Synth healing.

Deep FK seems to be roughly equivalent to deep Chloro, while the hybrids such as 38/38 Chloro/FK appear to be overpowered.
    I didn't know we were talking about PvP here.

I also don't really care to talk about specs in PvP when they've basically abandoned trying to balance it, doesn't matter what you build is when 100% of PvP is farming pvp gear and playing the broken spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post

Living Shell scales, FK shielding all but doesn't, every piece of gear you get is going to make LS better than any shield FK has.

But they had to go and put LS back on the GCD after I had originally convinced them to take it off, so it's usefulness took a large hit once again.
    This was me. In discussions with Redhawk in tryin to buff it up, putting it on the GCD increases its value due to how rift's spreadsheet handles abilities.

Things that are insta cast heal for less than cast times. Things that are ogcd heal for less than gcd ablities.
    It was the best way to buff LS and make it useful. Putting it on gcd was a good compromise to make at the time.

If it was put ogcd, it would literally shield for 50% less. So I had its shield value doubled AND put on gcd.
    Last edited by Deeew; 07-01-2017 at 08:39 AM.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    This was me. In discussions with Redhawk in tryin to buff it up, putting it on the GCD increases its value due to how rift's spreadsheet handles abilities.

Things that are insta cast heal for less than cast times. Things that are ogcd heal for less than gcd ablities.
    It was the best way to buff LS and make it useful. Putting it on gcd was a good compromise to make at the time.

If it was put ogcd, it would literally shield for 50% less. So I had its shield value doubled AND put on gcd.
    Fair enough, this was back in.... late Storm Legion? When I had gotten a number of Chloro abilities overhauled through overly detailed suggestions.

Personally I just don't have enough hotkeys I can physically press to stick LS somewhere on top of my current 18 I already use, and it's rare that I'd be in a situation where LS would be worth using over something else in my kit. If it was castable on other targets and properly triggers a 1s gcd (Which it should currently unless they broke it) I could see it worth using, but I'm never in a situation where I need to shield myself, with my health pool approaching 420k with raid buffs, and only a few pieces of gear from irotp.

Right now I'd just like to see Void Life changed to tick faster, and tick both at the start and the end of the channel, waiting a full second for the first tick is just plain dangerous, it's something that should have been addressed years ago.

If nothing else, just compress it into a 1.5 second channel.
    Last edited by Shinkirou; 07-02-2017 at 01:47 PM.
    Also nerf bards.

Fair enough, this was back in.... late Storm Legion? When I had gotten a number of Chloro abilities overhauled through overly detailed suggestions.

Personally I just don't have enough hotkeys I can physically press to stick LS somewhere on top of my current 18 I already use, and it's rare that I'd be in a situation where LS would be worth using over something else in my kit. If it was castable on other targets and properly triggers a 1s gcd (Which it should currently unless they broke it) I could see it worth using, but I'm never in a situation where I need to shield myself, with my health pool approaching 420k with raid buffs, and only a few pieces of gear from irotp.

Right now I'd just like to see Void Life changed to tick faster, and tick both at the start and the end of the channel, waiting a full second for the first tick is just plain dangerous, it's something that should have been addressed years ago.

Original suggestion I made was to make LS targetable on others, but they were very anti shielding others w/ chloro. So I said "fine, just make it worth using" and we determined the best way to make it strong enough, was to put it on the gcd and like tripple its base value. Still doesnt have tremendous value, but at least it has some oomf now.

Void life is kinda in a weird position.
    PVE its hardly used cuz tank healing can be easily handled via living aegis natural healing + legendary healing torrent + legendary bloom + symbiosis and LGV bursts.
    In PVP its almost un-useable due to its limited range and puts you in harms way.

Maybe void life can become a cooldown but useable on players instead of enemies, or dual purpose simliar to naturalize (preserver), and can be used to channel heal someone up -- sorta like a lesser version of phantom stream? Shrug.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Original suggestion I made was to make LS targetable on others, but they were very anti shielding others w/ chloro. So I said "fine, just make it worth using" and we determined the best way to make it strong enough, was to put it on the gcd and like tripple its base value. Still doesnt have tremendous value, but at least it has some oomf now.
    Yeah it's worth while as a self shield, if chloro had any real need for a self shield I guess, it's still not much different from a single Natural Healing, so it's moire useful for expecting a lot of incoming damage I suppose.

Void life is kinda in a weird position.
    PVE its hardly used cuz tank healing can be easily handled via living aegis natural healing + legendary healing torrent + legendary bloom + symbiosis and LGV bursts.
    In PVP its almost un-useable due to its limited range and puts you in harms way.

Maybe void life can become a cooldown but useable on players instead of enemies, or dual purpose simliar to naturalize (preserver), and can be used to channel heal someone up -- sorta like a lesser version of phantom stream? Shrug.
    It'd just be nice if it was worth using/had a purpose at all right now, especially being so low in the root abilities.

But I guess we should be trying to focus on that actual horrible problems mage has right now and not Chloro QoL.

Not that I feel too optimistic about those problems being addressed any time soon...
    Also nerf bards.

Ascendant

The scaling is so low it's better to consider it non-existent, CB will shield for something like 20k, if even, and gaining 10k int you may not even see +1000 shielding on it, basically the % shielding you get from the FK soul passive is about the only increases you're going to get.
    Informative response. Thanks.

One tick every .5 seconds? That works.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3